iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Mar 27, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #511 of 864
  To install firmware from recovery mode (by turning on with Vol+), the flash card must be formatted with FAT32. You can use any small capacity (0.5-1-2-4-8GB) card that you can find around for this purpose, no a need to reformat your main flash card with music.

how to do this after formatting a sd card with exFAT???  I had to use batch tool again and try to reboot from SD card but dx90 says cannot find IMG file.  what else can I do?

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #512 of 864

how to do this after formatting a sd card with exFAT???  I had to use batch tool again and try to reboot from SD card but dx90 says cannot find IMG file.  what else can I do?

Were you able to use the batch tool? If you can use it that is all you need. Load the FW you want with batch tool and you will be ready to go. 

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #513 of 864
Were you able to use the batch tool? If you can use it that is all you need. Load the FW you want with batch tool and you will be ready to go. 

Yes, I did use the batch tool and it worked like a charm! I think I am a pro at that now! :xf_eek:

Now I could do anything and download every fw and not need to worry!!!!,

Thank you!

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #514 of 864
THANK YOU!!  I finally got it to work with ibasso download of 2.1.8 firmware.  

can someone tell me how to buy mango with rockbox again, please on a mac or pc???? I am having a huge problem with upgrading FWs.  

I brinked again when I downloaded lockbox dx90 1.2.0 zip to my dx 90 that has the 2.1.5 fw with Lurker mod with dual boot.  

It seems as the lockbox dx90 1.2.0 zip is corrupted.  
You have to read the insrtuctions with attention in the thread regarding Rockbox. You have to learn how to put Rockbox files to the device (they are not a part of the firmware) and how to switch between Mango and Rockbox using lock switch.

Currently your device is not bricked: it hangs on the logo because Rockbox files are not found. You can boot into the original Mango player - just learn how to do it.

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #515 of 864

To install firmware from recovery mode (by turning on with Vol+), the flash card must be formatted with FAT32. You can use any small capacity (0.5-1-2-4-8GB) card that you can find around for this purpose, no a need to reformat your main flash card with music.

how to do this after formatting a sd card with exFAT???

It depends on OS you use (Windows, Mac OS, Linux...). But I mentioned small size cards exactly because they are formatted for FAT32 by default with.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #518 of 864
You have to read the insrtuctions with attention in the thread regarding Rockbox. You have to learn how to put Rockbox files to the device (they are not a part of the firmware) and how to switch between Mango and Rockbox using lock switch.

Currently your device is not bricked: it hangs on the logo because Rockbox files are not found. You can boot into the original Mango player - just learn how to do it.

thank you. I am reading the instructions word per word and seem to not be able to locate the ".rockbox" folder, nmatheis mention and informed me about hidden files. And that was the problem which i could not see in my OS mac. But now I see all the folders and could place them in it. Thank you for your help and I am going to try again to update firmware with both dual boot.

I do know how to dual boot by activating the hold button and pressing the power button, then I get to choose which side I would like. That I understand.

I just could not see the ".rockbox" folder. No I can with the help from nmatheis.

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #519 of 864
Hi.
I recently purchased a dx90 (1 week ago), using its line out to dzero mk2, with the volume at 255.

I noticed that L/R balance is inverted. When i slide to the L, the R Headphone volume increases. I am using a new sr325, senn hd555 headphones. I tried my headphones on my pc, and they work fine (left, right tests). So i guess it's not wiring problem.
I already did factory reset multiple times but to no avail. I am using 2.1.8 now, but the unit came with 2.1.5. I downgraded to 2.1.5, did factory reset, but same result.
Aby input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #520 of 864
Hi.
I recently purchased a dx90 (1 week ago), using its line out to dzero mk2, with the volume at 255.

I noticed that L/R balance is inverted. When i slide to the L, the R Headphone volume increases. I am using a new sr325, senn hd555 headphones. I tried my headphones on my pc, and they work fine (left, right tests). So i guess it's not wiring problem.
I already did factory reset multiple times but to no avail. I am using 2.1.8 now, but the unit came with 2.1.5. I downgraded to 2.1.5, did factory reset, but same result.
Aby input would be appreciated. Thanks!

PM sent.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 18, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #521 of 864
Gapless is still not fully fixed in 2.2.0. The gap between the first two tracks played after power on still persists.

Apr 18, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #522 of 864
Each time I try to export a long playlist (around 150 songs) the player reboots itself and the playlist is not exported. This happens with 2.15 2.18 and 2.20.

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #523 of 864
Gapless is still not fully fixed in 2.2.0. The gap between the first two tracks played after power on still persists.

We continue to work on this.

Each time I try to export a long playlist (around 150 songs) the player reboots itself and the playlist is not exported. This happens with 2.15 2.18 and 2.20.

I will report this to our SW team. Does it work for you with less songs?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 19, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #524 of 864
Less songs also reboot

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #525 of 864
Still fighting the cut out bug on my son's DX90.  Mine has never done it with the exact same files/tagging.  On his, it happens several times each hour.  Yesterday I reformatted the card with the sd.org official formatting tool (EXFAT) and then reloaded all of the songs....and it still happens. 

No firmwares have helped.  My last idea is the fact that he has a 64 gb Sandisk Ultra while I have a 64 gb Sandisk Extreme....with mine being speed rated slightly faster.  I still wonder if this is the difference but have not wanted to spend the money on a new card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back