iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Mar 13, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #437 of 864
  Has a anyone successfully connected a HDD to the DX-90 via the OTG connection?  If so what's involved in doing it?

i tried connecting a small form-factor external ssd, thinking i could then skip switching micro sd cards in and out, but the dx90 wouldn't read it.  i suspect it's a power issue.

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #438 of 864
  i tried connecting a small form-factor external ssd, thinking i could then skip switching micro sd cards in and out, but the dx90 wouldn't read it.  i suspect it's a power issue.

That's what I was thinking about, did you connect direct or via a USB hub?  I was thinking/hoping that doing it via a powered hub might work

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #439 of 864
  That's what I was thinking about, did you connect direct or via a USB hub?  I was thinking/hoping that doing it via a powered hub might work

direct.  let us know if you try a powered hub.

Mar 14, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #440 of 864
Has a anyone successfully connected a HDD to the DX-90 via the OTG connection?  If so what's involved in doing it?
It requires an external power for HDD, either via an OTG cable with a 3rd connector, or a powered hub. You may search my posts in the main DX90 thread.

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #442 of 864
Hi all,

i'm new to this forum. I've recently purchased an IBASSO DX90, using the firmware 2.1.5-L2 now. The forward button shows a weird behavior, it doesn't skip to the next track but selects randomly different tracks of the folder, the previous button works fine, also the forward button on the screen. I observed the same behavior with stock firmware 2.1.8, too. I've performed a factory reset for several times and also rescanned the library from scratch. This is really annoying to me, since I cannot skip to the next track while having the player in my pocket. Does anybody of you observed a similar behavior?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Rainer

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #443 of 864
Originally Posted by uri2103 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anybody of you observed a similar behavior?

It sounds like a mechanical problem with this button. If it was a software problem, real and on-screen buttons should work identically.

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #444 of 864
  It sounds like a mechanical problem with this button. If it was a software problem, real and on-screen buttons should work identically.

That's what I was thinking, too. Maybe I try resetting the player by removing the battery. I've already tried to remove the battery cover, but it seems to be a little tricky to do so. I'm afraid to spoil something when pressing to hard on the cover. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #445 of 864
Version 2.1.8 has a problem with cue files all the time plays first song in album it do not pass to the next.
Manually switching everything works.

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #446 of 864
  Hi all,

i'm new to this forum. I've recently purchased an IBASSO DX90, using the firmware 2.1.5-L2 now. The forward button shows a weird behavior, it doesn't skip to the next track but selects randomly different tracks of the folder, the previous button works fine, also the forward button on the screen. I observed the same behavior with stock firmware 2.1.8, too. I've performed a factory reset for several times and also rescanned the library from scratch. This is really annoying to me, since I cannot skip to the next track while having the player in my pocket. Does anybody of you observed a similar behavior?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Rainer

Did you check to make sure that the player isn't set to random play? That is the indicator right below the battery indicator.

Version 2.1.8 has a problem with cue files all the time plays first song in album it do not pass to the next.
Manually switching everything works.

I have reported this to the SW team.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 16, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #448 of 864
  Did you check to make sure that the player isn't set to random play? That is the indicator right below the battery indicator.

I have reported this to the SW team.

Hi, yes, i've tried all play modes and things became even more weird. In random play mode the real forward button (which doesn't work in "order" mode properly) behaves like expected, but the real previous button works like in play mode "order", skipping backwards through my alphabetical sorted directory. In all modes the screen buttons are working properly. Same issue when using tag search instead of directory browsing.

Bug scenario (example), Play mode: "order":
Pink Floyd "The Division Bell 24/96" on SanDisk sdxc card 128 GB, consist of 11 tracks, starting from track one:

1 -> 2 ok
2 -> 3 ok
3 -> 4 ok
4 -> 5 ok
5 -> 6 ok
6 -> 7 ok
7 -> 6 not ok
6 -> 7 ok
7 -> 7 not ok
7 -> 7 not ok
7 -> 8 ok
8 -> 8 not ok
8 -> 8 not ok
8 -> 8 not ok
8 -> 8 not ok
8 -> 9 ok
9 -> 8 not ok
8 -> 9 ok
9 -> 10 ok
10 -> 11 ok

But, this scenario is only an example it isn't exactly repeatable.

I don't know how the software works exactly, but me as software engineer would expect, that the "key pressed" event will be evaluated and based on the current track in the list the function would select the next track.

The player is new, i purchased it on ebay, the warranty card was issued on 2015-02-14. But i live in germany, so it would take a long time to get it returned.

Thanks and Best regards
Rainer

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #449 of 864
  Hi, yes, i've tried all play modes and things became even more weird. In random play mode the real forward button (which doesn't work in "order" mode properly) behaves like expected, but the real previous button works like in play mode "order", skipping backwards through my alphabetical sorted directory. In all modes the screen buttons are working properly. Same issue when using tag search instead of directory browsing.

Bug scenario (example), Play mode: "order":
Pink Floyd "The Division Bell 24/96" on SanDisk sdxc card 128 GB, consist of 11 tracks, starting from track one:

1 -> 2 ok
2 -> 3 ok
3 -> 4 ok
4 -> 5 ok
5 -> 6 ok
6 -> 7 ok
7 -> 6 not ok
6 -> 7 ok
7 -> 7 not ok
7 -> 7 not ok
7 -> 8 ok
8 -> 8 not ok
8 -> 8 not ok
8 -> 8 not ok
8 -> 8 not ok
8 -> 9 ok
9 -> 8 not ok
8 -> 9 ok
9 -> 10 ok
10 -> 11 ok

But, this scenario is only an example it isn't exactly repeatable.

I don't know how the software works exactly, but me as software engineer would expect, that the "key pressed" event will be evaluated and based on the current track in the list the function would select the next track.

The player is new, i purchased it on ebay, the warranty card was issued on 2015-02-14. But i live in germany, so it would take a long time to get it returned.

Thanks and Best regards
Rainer

It may be a problem with mechanical contact on the board. I have sent you a PM.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 20, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #450 of 864
Today blue screen with my DX90 on my Windows 7 32 bits. The only difference I noticed is that an external drive was already plugged on another USB port. After that, impossible to hear some music through the DX90. I will uninstall and reinstall everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back