iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Oct 19, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #256 of 864
I wish they made a software switch for LO, just like the AKs. They could've also saved one jack.

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #257 of 864
any idea how one can update from the sd card in the recovery menu? it says can not found firmware image or invalid image. when i inserted the update.img in the root of the sd card

dx90 got stuck at the boot screen after i updated to 2.1.0

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #258 of 864
any idea how one can update from the sd card in the recovery menu? it says can not found firmware image or invalid image. when i inserted the update.img in the root of the sd card

dx90 got stuck at the boot screen after i updated to 2.1.0

You must put the image in the root of the internal memory, not the sd card

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #260 of 864
For firmware update from recovery menu, flash card must be formatted with FAT32. I'd suggest to find a small capacity card, format it and try to update from it.

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #261 of 864
I bought a DX90 recently and was very happy with the sound paired with my Shure SE846s. Unfortunately, the unit had a faulty headphone jack. The classic case: stereo sound dropping out and crackling. I sent it back, and received a brand new unit to find a new fault: a constant high-pitched beeping noise present whenever the screen is lit up. When the screen blacks out, the noise disappears. The beeping is especially irritating for me because I listen to a lot of classical music which exposes it clearly. I have requested another RMA. Anyone else had similar problems?

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #262 of 864
  I bought a DX90 recently and was very happy with the sound paired with my Shure SE846s. Unfortunately, the unit had a faulty headphone jack. The classic case: stereo sound dropping out and crackling. I sent it back, and received a brand new unit to find a new fault: a constant high-pitched beeping noise present whenever the screen is lit up. When the screen blacks out, the noise disappears. The beeping is especially irritating for me because I listen to a lot of classical music which exposes it clearly. I have requested another RMA. Anyone else had similar problems?

Did you try and reload the FW? I haven't read of this problem before but there are many variables. I would try a FW update and a factory reset if you haven't already. 

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #263 of 864
That's a bug in 2.1.0. If the folder /album played for the first time the play order is a mess. play it again from the first track and should play in correct order.

Always the case in 2.1.5, BUT seems to be all in the right order after a full scan of the card. 
I don't know if this was already the case with the 2.1 though.

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #264 of 864
Gave the USB DAC driver another try today on my Win8.1 Laptop with USB 3.0 ports only. Following the instructions from here (http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/ibasso-dx90-dual-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-instructions-new-dac-software-2-1-5-fw/8805#post_11017400)
I got the USB DAC working.
Now I wanted to install the new 2.1.5 firmware and set the DX90 to "Storage", disconnected and reconnected.
Mango USB driver not working again (yellow exclamation mark),
disconnect - reconnect:
USB device not recognized.
disconnect - set DX90 to DAC again - reconnect:
Mango USB driver not working (yellow exclamation mark)
disconnect - reconnect:
USB device not recognized,

uninstalled drivers reinstalled again.. many more disconnect-reconnect cycles:
USB DAC mode working again... ONCE...
after every disconnect, the driver stops working and it won't work in Storage mode at all.

Hope I have access to my Windows 7 PC with USB2.0 drivers again soon.:)

It's very frustrating with Windows 8.1 and USB 3.0 here.

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #265 of 864
Win8.1 64Bits, USB3, and working fine. You can always check how I did it if you want, i think you miss something at somepoint. There is more precises information before the post you link.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #266 of 864
  Win8.1 64Bits, USB3, and working fine. You can always check how I did it if you want, i think you miss something at somepoint. There is more precises information before the post you link.

Which post are you refering to? Could you link it please?

Also: It works once.. but then after disconnecting and reconnecting the DX90 the USB driver stops working. Does it work with USB storage for you? Maybe it's my Laptop that doesn't like it. It's a Dell Inspiron.

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #267 of 864
Sounds cuts out occasionally for a second or two mostly when I'm pulling it out of my pocket.  

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #268 of 864
  Sounds cuts out occasionally for a second or two mostly when I'm pulling it out of my pocket.  

happens to me too, freaking irritating. Also, my USB DAC just died on me today, was working ok for the last 10 days. Same PC, same set up, same usb cable, same usb port, nothing have change. My unit is only 10 days old.

Nov 28, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #269 of 864

It happens to me too and  another two people I know, random interruptions only happening using the micro sd card (not happening using the internal memory). I have tried different firmwares, memory card formats and brands (sandisk ultra 64GB, kingston 64GB).

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #270 of 864
Lurker has explained why in the main DX90 thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back