Ibasso DX80
Nov 23, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #841 of 1,208
Ouch that anger!! Why so serious?

Complaining about ibasso when u know your standart, why not buy AK380 instead.
U know what u want and what u aspect. 
make sense? 

just forget about it uncle..

cheers!
----- 

Anyway, Does anybody in here try the DX80 pair with Chord Mojo?

Coming shortly..

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #842 of 1,208
Just noticed that firmware V1.1.4 is available on iBasso's website. 

Great stuff,thx Gonzo, mine came today direct from iBasso with 1.12,
Great service btw, I don't know why are UK folks so worried its not available in UK yet..
Impressions and pics coming very shortly..

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #845 of 1,208
  "Network Error" every time I try to download the new FW - the Download just stops after a certain time. :-/

I downloaded it about an hour ago. I just now downloaded it in about 30 seconds from their site. 

I couldn't do this before. I listened to music and scanned a full 128gb in the second slot at the same time! That means I can load an SD card, load some other music while listening. Great! 

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #846 of 1,208
v 1.1.2 - neutral, bright treble, tight controlled bass, average size soundstage with close to listener presentation

v 1.1.4 - dark bloated bass, bye bye treble, bye bye clarity, more congested mixed soundstage

the DX50 with v 1.9.3 has so open airy presentation, there is so space an live in music comparing to the DX80 especially with v 1.1.4., where you have packed it even more

that's what lacking in the DX80: LIVE, AIR, MUSIC REALISM/3D, TRACKS SEPARATION

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #847 of 1,208
  v 1.1.2 - neutral, bright treble, tight controlled bass, average size soundstage with close to listener presentation

v 1.1.4 - dark bloated bass, bye bye treble, bye bye clarity, more congested mixed soundstage

the DX50 with v 1.9.3 has so open airy presentation, there is so space an live in music comparing to the DX80 especially with v 1.1.4., where you have packed it even more

I have a feeling (also based on your former posts) it's a bad marriage between you and the DX80
redface.gif

Maybe you should divorce it and move on to a dap that does make you happy?

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #848 of 1,208
Frankly, I hear no significant difference between 1.0.0, 1.1.2 and 1.1.4. Should I? With DX90 the difference was obvious... and, I believe, with a good hardware design the difference should be negligible, if any.

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #849 of 1,208
Using Line out as usual, on the 5th song now, shuffle, with different genres.
Before this firmware update, the worst is with bassy song, "skipping" sounds often appeared when the bass line came. 

So far..... No skipping or pop sound yet.. Nice!

L3000.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #850 of 1,208

This is completely non true imo and it needs to be stated in the interest of others its only a one individual's opinion and id be careful if to take into consideration

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #852 of 1,208
In my working field, that guy we called as Scam Ad, or worst than that is black campaign.

anyway...well,.. beside the album artwork not pixelated anymore..

I'm still waiting news for DX80 pair with Mojojojo.. hahaha

Its just the improvement to make it top class sound plus it fits great ergonomically.
Actually, here's some pics.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #853 of 1,208
Its just the improvement to make it top class sound plus it fits great ergonomically.
Actually, here's some pics.

So.. Got improvement in SQ, top class sound, fits great.
My bro will go back soon from his semester break in uk, he will buy for me.
Ok got to go to bank soon to transfer some cash.

Thanks a lot for the info and your help.
Appreciating it a lot :bow_tone2:

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #854 of 1,208
Great stuff,thx Gonzo, mine came today direct from iBasso with 1.12,
Great service btw, I don't know why are UK folks so worried its not available in UK yet..
Impressions and pics coming very shortly..

Agreed - I was one of the worried ones but bit the bullet and delighted with the service. Arrived at my door in Belfast 6 days after ordering, 4 days after DHL picked it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back