Ibasso DX80
Nov 24, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #857 of 1,208
just got my DX80 upgraded to 1.1.4
sound quality really improved, EQ sound quality improved, and bass reproduce much stronger and beautiful !!
Cool !
L3000.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #859 of 1,208
Has anybody managed to import new wallpaper into the DX80 using the method described in the manual FAQ's?
I've tried without success so a working method would be appreciated.

I love the sound but can't stop messing around!

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #860 of 1,208
I think we all appreciate your feedback about the sound quality of DX80.

I have a feeling that what most people are trying to tell you is that the readers will take your opinion lightly (or simply ignore it) if the writing style is provocative and assertive. When the post looks like you are emotionally upset, then anything you write down look like a whim of temper rather than a serious comment.

Writing comfortably allows your comments to be read and appreciated by a wider audience.

Very well said sandalaudio!

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #861 of 1,208
Locked while all the abusive posts are removed. It is never OK to post a personal attack of any kind. If you disagree with a person's opinion, discuss the opinion, not the person. If you don't like what a person is posting, why would you want to quote it or reply to it so that it is broadcast more?

Also, an opinion about a product isn't much use if you don't include: What music you were listening to; how loud you were listening; what headphones or other gear you were using.  Impressions of something can also change between morning, afternoon and evening and due to a whole other bunch of physical factors, in my experience.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #863 of 1,208
Also ordered the DX80. Those two Card-Slots are too tempting for the use with my Mojo. 

BTW: Have they fixed that problem with only one SD-Card being recognized?

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #866 of 1,208
  Also ordered the DX80. Those two Card-Slots are too tempting for the use with my Mojo. 

BTW: Have they fixed that problem with only one SD-Card being recognized?

Yes both card slots work fine now. Please update your DX80 to the latest FW when you receive it. For the first update fat32 format is required but after an update to 1.1.4 exfat will  work for the future.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 25, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #868 of 1,208

Yes both card slots work fine now. Please update your DX80 to the latest FW when you receive it. For the first update fat32 format is required but after an update to 1.1.4 exfat will  work for the future.

I have two microSD cards inserted, and the update menu will only appear if detected update file in SD2.
However the update process is actually look for update file in /mnt/external_sd which is SD1.
As a result I need to copy the update image to both cards in order to update firmware.
I have also tested in 1.1.4 it has the same problem.
Pls fix it.

Or if possible, update can be done if update file exist in either card 1 or 2.

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #870 of 1,208

Hi Paul,

I just read this after I copied 60GB files onto secondarty slots after trying many times to update and always failed in EXFAT,
why don't you guys clearly describe on the webs all the details when we download it ?

Formatting and copy (again) 60GB is kinda pain in the ***

Btw,
I am quite dissapointed with DX80 performance, it got decent bass on my car, I can hear it but still not much impressive on my opinion

Thing that makes me DISSAPOINT is,
we can not control VOLUME with line out output anymore like on DX50,
I need this feature because I connect car amplifier systems into LINE OUT and control volume from there

I also use this on house sound system because I have separated subwoofer system,
I can easily put LINE OUT to stereo system and phone jack goes to SUBWOOFER

With DX80, all of this is IMPOSSIBLE !

I hope you guys think again about this features, I personally don't like this

I can see DX80 clearly a winner is SPEED when ON and OFF, easy to browse the songs,
but the UI is totally S*CKS, I llike DX50 better, sliding like android style like that is really annoying,
this is a DAP not a smartphone !

I use it for in car as replacement for head unit, I did not installed head unit in my car at all,
all goes direct to car amplifier

Let me hear your opinion about this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back