Ibasso DX80
Nov 18, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #798 of 1,208
I think it should also have a phone. Oh, then it would be a phone with an audio player. . . I have one, never mind. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #800 of 1,208
  I would rather call the epic fail no in-line remote control and CTIA compatibility, and you?

Problem with having in-line remote compatibility is that it requires a 3.5mm 4 pin connector where one of the terminals has to sense the remote signal.

Fiio did that with their 2nd Gen DAPs, and that meant that the headphones with 3.5mm 4 pin separate ground (L+ L-, R+, R-) doesn't work properly (only left channel works). 

At least on the DX80 both channels work with these 4 pin cables. On DX90 these cables were popular mods because it separates the left and right ground paths for better separation.

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #801 of 1,208
It is all individual preferences. I have 4 daps that I bought the remotes for and don't use any. I just noticed the AK remote the other day I had forgotten about. lol DAPs are small enough that for me, they are a remote and player all in one. Just more stuff to go wrong etc., for me anyway. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #803 of 1,208
It does work on my laptop with windows, just not automatically when the DX-80 is switched on like other dacs.You have to disable the currently running default driver. Or at least, thats what worked for me.

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #808 of 1,208

Does your lineout skip when playing as well?  Not a dealbreaker for me since I don't use portable amplifiers but would be nice if they could get it fixed!

Yes, few people experience this also. Somebody told this to Ibasso and they're working on it. can't wait!

Just found out this thread, any issues about DX80 you can find here or report. I believe Ibasso team pay attention all the threads.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/786815/ibasso-dx80-bug-thread-post-any-firmware-bugs-issues-here/75#post_12090227

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #809 of 1,208
It does work on my laptop with windows, just not automatically when the DX-80 is switched on like other dacs.You have to disable the currently running default driver. Or at least, thats what worked for me.

A driver for Windows will be out soon.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back