Ibasso DX80
Aug 25, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #184 of 1,208
Thanks a lot, I do have a Fiio E17k, and so far the iPod sound good with my the DT770. But eventually I will get one of the iBasso, just waiting to see which one is the right one for me.

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #185 of 1,208
Long-time iBasso fan here.  

Former DX50 owner/lover.  

Former iBasso stack owner : DX50+DB2+PB2.

Current AK120ii owner; very curious to see what iBasso come up with to answer my current DAP.  I`m totally confident it will be phenomenally good, and even better with cost-performance factored in.  For old time`s sake, I dug out my iBasso Mamba and it`s boosting the AK nicely.   

The DX80`s dacs look great, of course; the battery is freaking huge which is great.  Dual SDs is great. Optical and coaxial out is awesome.  If it`s 400mw+400mw then that is good too.  

popcorn.gif

d

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #186 of 1,208
New information from iBasso:

The DX80. MORE DETAILS POSTED REGULARLY. Release date to be announced.
[COLOR=FF0000]*400mW output. [/COLOR]

*Line out has a set voltage and is not connected to the headphone out. 

*Dual CS4398 dacs and native DSD.

*Dual micro SD slots.

*3600mah battery.

*Optical and coax digital output. 

*3.2 inch screen with a resolution of 480*800 IPS screen.

*DSD 64 and 128.

That's a huge output. Not too far off the PAW Gold. Native DSD too. Very impressive.

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #187 of 1,208
That's a huge output. Not too far off the PAW Gold. Native DSD too. Very impressive.

Yes, it certainly is. The DX80 is starting to look like a very strong contender. Great specs in a mighty fine looking body.

Aug 26, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #188 of 1,208
  "Line out has a set voltage and is not connected to the headphone out. " directly from iBasso's facebook page.

no more shared HO/LO it seems

Thank you iBasso. Volume controlled LO was step in the wrong direction.

Aug 26, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #189 of 1,208
I actually kinda like my DX90's variable LO, as it helps getting a better adjustment range with amps at low listening levels and helps to come over the potentiometer's channel imbalance at low positions.
On the other hand, it is also a bit annoying as I have to turn up the volume every time I connect it to an amplifier and turn it down afterwards (luckily I am someone who never forgets something like that, but who knows, it could happen). This could have been solved by a separate DAC section for the LO and headphone jacks that recognise when something is connected, but it would mean more work and development, resulting in higher costs and probably a lesser battery life.

Aug 26, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #191 of 1,208
Why would anyone need variable output on LO.? Never saw the point of it

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #192 of 1,208
Why would anyone need variable output on LO.? Never saw the point of it

One reason is as HiFiChris describes above to be able to adjust where the volume on an external amp is used. The other reason would be if using it with active speakers or other gear that does not have a volume control. I find the variable lo on the DX90 very usefull but it would have been nice if either there were seperat volume controls for lo and ho or if the player could detect what output was in use and remember the volume for either

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #193 of 1,208
One reason is as HiFiChris describes above to be able to adjust where the volume on an external amp is used. The other reason would be if using it with active speakers or other gear that does not have a volume control. I find the variable lo on the DX90 very usefull but it would have been nice if either there were seperat volume controls for lo and ho or if the player could detect what output was in use and remember the volume for either

EXACTLY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back