Ibasso DX80
Aug 18, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #152 of 1,208
Regular programming interrupted...

This is incorrect. Fiio EQ presets can be modified, and once modified the settings are remembered until factory settings are restored. Furthermore, if you download Fiio's firmware tools you can rename the EQ presets to match your headphones. I've done this with my X5 "Classic".

Back to the DX80...

I'm totally ready to ditch my DX90 (and maybe my X5) for the DX80. Love the larger touchscreen, big buttons, and built-in battery. Betting SQ will be top-notch, as well!

I'm hoping the LO implementation is safer than the DX90, where the same volume setting is maintained across HO and LO. I've had my eardrums blasted more than once.

Please, please iBasso figure out a better way to handle this!!!

I'm sorry, my mistake of course. I take everything back.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #153 of 1,208
I have been thinking about buying IBasso DX50 for a while, the only thing that pushed me back so far is OS X compatibly. I'm probably going to wait for DX80 but I really hope that they get it to work with OS X this time.

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #154 of 1,208
I have been thinking about buying IBasso DX50 for a while, the only thing that pushed me back so far is OS X compatibly. I'm probably going to wait for DX80 but I really hope that they get it to work with OS X this time.

Latest DX90 update brought OS X comparability...

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #156 of 1,208
Cant see me dropping my dx90 for this, more waiting to hear of the DX120 or whatever it'll be called.

Ibasso are wise replacing the 50 & 90 with the 80, at times they were competing against themselves I think.
The 90 has the same DAC as my 901 & M-Dac, yet all sound completely different, telling me maybe the DAC chip isn't that important after all ? The best digital reproduction I have heard is still from high end Redbook CD players, my Linn Ikemi stomps all over any DAP or usb DAC I have heard.
We still have a long way to go.

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #157 of 1,208
Yeah, that's above my humble experience in the field :D, so you think I should just go for DX90 anyway? I don't see myself paying the extra for DX120, since DX90 is already above budget, as I said the original plan was DX50, I have FiiO E17K which just twisted my head when I bought it with my DT 770, the sound quality is just perfect, DX90 for me would serve one central unit, a DAP, and a DAC for my Mac.

How is the DX90 battery life specially when used with 80 ohm DT770? the amp can drive the headphones? does it endure? Thanks a million.

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #158 of 1,208
Yeah, that's above my humble experience in the field :D, so you think I should just go for DX90 anyway? I don't see myself paying the extra for DX120, since DX90 is already above budget, as I said the original plan was DX50, I have FiiO E17K which just twisted my head when I bought it with my DT 770, the sound quality is just perfect, DX90 for me would serve one central unit, a DAP, and a DAC for my Mac.

How is the DX90 battery life specially when used with 80 ohm DT770? the amp can drive the headphones? does it endure? Thanks a million.

It should drive the headphones no problem but the battery life isn't great. Probably the DX90's shortcoming but something that can be forgiven considering the SQ you get for the money.

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #159 of 1,208
Hi Thanks, actually, I know this is off topic, but I just found out today that I can jailbreak iPod 5G classic to play any format, I have one that I kept for years stored aside, just finished installing Rockbox few hours ago, and IT SOUNDS AMAZING! specially with the DT 770, it's completely different dimension to the music.

I guess I will keep using the iPod for now until DX80 is out and then I'll check my options, I could end up just upgrading the iPod with a memory card and a new fresh battery, it all depends on how spoiled my taste in sound quality becomes :D

I still think I will go for iBasso if I to get new DAP. Thanks everyone, this forum is full of nice helpful people and I'm grateful.

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #162 of 1,208
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 20, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #164 of 1,208
Hello Paul - iBasso,

Can you please enlight us about you naming scheme ?

Because "80" is far from "50" but very close to "90"...  Shall we expect the DX80 to perform nearly the same as DX90, but still a little less ?

In a nutshell, is your old naming scheme still respected ?

Best regards,
Judge584 - DX50 customer.

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #165 of 1,208
I see that on Facebook that the DX80 has a set line out voltage. That is nice. For my own use I like the adjustable but it is all good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back