Ibasso DX80
Aug 14, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #138 of 1,208
One thing that would be nice at some point is the ability to edit track names/numbers and album names etc on the device itself.

You can do this on the DX100 via the file explorer, and more completely with a few Android ID3tag editor apps.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #139 of 1,208
Paul, enough with the teasers already. Please, get it out there for testing or even to purchase. I'm very interested in hearing the DX-80. I own a DX-90 and am very happy with it. However I feel it's missing just a little something (for me call it ambiance). So I have now on my radar the Cowon Plenue 1 as I'm reading all positive reviews of the sound that it reproduces. Please get the DX-80 out there for folks who already own a P1 or for that matter any competition iBasso wants to take on to do comparisons with. Thanks.    

Aug 15, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #142 of 1,208
Good news Ibasso dx80, if battery life is better then i am in
Take my money Ibasso
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #143 of 1,208
  Paul, enough with the teasers already. Please, get it out there for testing or even to purchase. I'm very interested in hearing the DX-80. I own a DX-90 and am very happy with it. However I feel it's missing just a little something (for me call it ambiance). So I have now on my radar the Cowon Plenue 1 as I'm reading all positive reviews of the sound that it reproduces. Please get the DX-80 out there for folks who already own a P1 or for that matter any competition iBasso wants to take on to do comparisons with. Thanks.    

The P1 is a big step up from the DX90.. I was hoping they would be complimentary but I haven't touched the DX90 since I got the P1. 

So will the DX80 be more of an upgrade to the DX50 or DX90? Really hoping the DX110 or whatever will be released on time to compete with the X7.

Aug 17, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #144 of 1,208
  The P1 is a big step up from the DX90.. I was hoping they would be complimentary but I haven't touched the DX90 since I got the P1. 

So will the DX80 be more of an upgrade to the DX50 or DX90? Really hoping the DX110 or whatever will be released on time to compete with the X7.

Funny is no one had ever included QLS Qa360 in their comparisons, not only you. :)
Believe me it surpasses P1 a noticable percent. Oh yeah in terms of eye candy Qa360 is at almost ground zero but if we talk about SQ and power (output power) it's hard to beat IMO (not daring to say it wins over +$2k players)

Aug 17, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #145 of 1,208
  Funny is no one had ever included QLS Qa360 in their comparisons, not only you. :)
Believe me it surpasses P1 a noticable percent. Oh yeah in terms of eye candy Qa360 is at almost ground zero but if we talk about SQ and power (output power) it's hard to beat IMO (not daring to say it wins over +$2k players)

please tell us some more , thinking of upgrading from dx90 to P1

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #146 of 1,208
I want to know one specific thing about the firmware of the DX80, because I have seen many devices fail at this.
Will the customers be able to add/save multiple EQ-Settings? 

e.g. the FiiO DAPs give you only one custom setting which is adjustable, but I personally think, that it's more effective to use an EQ for every headphone, and since most of us own multiple pairs it would be a great feature to be able to simply add a new EQ setting for every pair.

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #147 of 1,208

Most likely because the UI is a tad difficult. Song titles are cut off and I find that on some, I have to guess at what I will be getting. The sound is good but frankly it gets more to a matter ones own preferences. Among the good daps. the discontinued DX100, the 901s or 901, the ZX2 and the QLS360 are all very good sounding as is the DX90. I don't hear anything just leaping out way in front. They are all enjoyable to listen to. But this is a DX80 thread so hopefully whatever info comes about on it will be discussed. 

I would think that with the continued advances that iBasso makes that the DX80 will be another step up. Native DSD, what I can only assume to be a great amp section and from specs a very nice screen, all says this should be an enjoyable machine to use and listen to. 

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #148 of 1,208
I want to know one specific thing about the firmware of the DX80, because I have seen many devices fail at this.

e.g. the FiiO DAPs give you only one custom setting which is adjustable, but I personally think, that it's more effective to use an EQ for every headphone, and since most of us own multiple pairs it would be a great feature to be able to simply add a new EQ setting for every pair.

Regular programming interrupted...

This is incorrect. Fiio EQ presets can be modified, and once modified the settings are remembered until factory settings are restored. Furthermore, if you download Fiio's firmware tools you can rename the EQ presets to match your headphones. I've done this with my X5 "Classic".

Back to the DX80...

I'm totally ready to ditch my DX90 (and maybe my X5) for the DX80. Love the larger touchscreen, big buttons, and built-in battery. Betting SQ will be top-notch, as well!

I'm hoping the LO implementation is safer than the DX90, where the same volume setting is maintained across HO and LO. I've had my eardrums blasted more than once.

Please, please iBasso figure out a better way to handle this!!!

Aug 17, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #149 of 1,208

You can change the settings on any of the EQ menu of the DX90 or 50. There is a custom but the other can be changed as well. You could set rock to whatever you want and use rock for a particular headphone or setting you like. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back