Ibasso DX80
Sep 14, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #287 of 1,208
The screen on the final version is larger and there are two dacs vs one that was going to be in the DX60. Other small changes as well.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 14, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #291 of 1,208
Originally Posted by Jeff Y /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like no coaxial output for this player so it may be a lower end player than the DX80.

There's a good chance that the coax is on the top of the player rather than the bottom. The DX60 looks to have the same bottom side format as the DX50 and DX90, with HP out, Line out, and gain switch.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #292 of 1,208
As I understand Paul's comment the product was original intended to be a DX60 but they upped the spec and named it DX80

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #294 of 1,208
As I understand Paul's comment the product was original intended to be a DX60 but they upped the spec and named it DX80

So, we all got a free +20 upgrade before even ordering it? Gotta love iBasso for this kinda stuff
wink.gif

I think I've read DX80 gets both coaxial and optical output? I have a Chord Hugo (my DX90 is often stacked to it), which output should deliver best SQ?

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #295 of 1,208

So, we all got a free +20 upgrade before even ordering it? Gotta love iBasso for this kinda stuff
wink.gif

I think I've read DX80 gets both coaxial and optical output? I have a Chord Hugo (my DX90 is often stacked to it), which output should deliver best SQ?

There are people who say they prefer one over the other and vice versa. I have a Hugo too and I am waiting for the DX80 to test this out for myself. I am keeping myself content with a DX50 atm but I am curious about the SQ change as well.

Best answer is: you should test it for yourself I guess. At least I intend to do so.

Can't wait 'till this thing releases!

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #296 of 1,208

wink.gif

We upgraded a number of things on what was going to be the DX60 that was changed to the DX80. I think people will be very happy with the sound of the DX80.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 14, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #299 of 1,208
As an owner of a DX90, I see this whole thread as a marketing ploy. Terse answers and lots of speculation. Let's just see how the chips fall. Hoping that the interface & screen are much better than the DX90 which is crappy to say the least.

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #300 of 1,208
^ It's not a first on headfi... X7 thread is 300 pages of pretty much what is going on in this thread, so the 20 pages here I think is acceptable lol. Although it would be nice if ibasso were willing to answer questions, but they probably are going for the surprise marketing strategy on release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back