iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 14, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #1,186 of 6,795
I charged my DX80 this afternoon until the charge icon showed 'charged' 

I've just checked it 3 hours later, its still at 100%.

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #1,187 of 6,795
  This doesn't make sense it me.

Edits made directly to the DX80 created Playlist1, are not showing up on the device. But the playlist has been edited and those changes are reflected when the file is opened on Windows with Notepad++.

I re-scanned both SD cards as well.

I also have a copy of the edited playlist1 on one of the SD cards and after I import, the device clicks and restarts.

The DX80 apparently stores the playlists on it's own internal storage. Exporting a playlist will create the Playlist1 in the /m3u/ directory on one of the SD cards. If you edit that Playlist1 then you will have to import it so that the DX80 can read it and store it in it's own storage area.

I do not understand the clicks and restarts. When I was figuring this path stuff out I imported a couple playlists that ended up being empty as far as the DX80 was concerned. But it didn't restart.

.m3u files can have many options. My tests involved a very simple .m3u - just a list of filenames. It's possible that your program is making a more complex m3u, and possibly some option is causing the DX80 to puke. Do you want to send me that playlist and I'll experiment?

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #1,188 of 6,795
  The DX80 apparently stores the playlists on it's own internal storage. Exporting a playlist will create the Playlist1 in the /m3u/ directory on one of the SD cards. If you edit that Playlist1 then you will have to import it so that the DX80 can read it and store it in it's own storage area.

I do not understand the clicks and restarts. When I was figuring this path stuff out I imported a couple playlists that ended up being empty as far as the DX80 was concerned. But it didn't restart.

.m3u files can have many options. My tests involved a very simple .m3u - just a list of filenames. It's possible that your program is making a more complex m3u, and possibly some option is causing the DX80 to puke. Do you want to send me that playlist and I'll experiment?

Thanks, yeah it is puking for sure. I took one and removed all the & in it but still no joy. I have spaces and hyphens in my filenames, and & in this one.

I'll make a very basic one tonight but this is a pretty student filename template is it not?

/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Wailers, The - Catch a Fire (Ja Original) - 03 - High Tide or Low Tide.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Soulmates, The - Joe Gibbs Mood_ the Amalgamated Label 1968-71 - 12 - Them a Laugh & A Kiki.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Nora Dean - Allen Kaatz Compilations_ Rocksteady Cool - 11 - Heartaches.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Desmond Dekker - Rockin' Steady the Best of Desmond Dekker - 08 - Fu Manchu.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Alpha Blondy & The Solar System - Jerusalem - 09 - Dji.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Tennors, The - Gay Jamaica Independence Time - 07 - Hopefull Village.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Wailing Souls, The - Wailing Souls - 09 - Can't Catch Me.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Gregory Isaacs - Extra Classic - 04 - Extra Classic.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Joe Higgs & Ken Boothe - Allen Kaatz Compilations Rocksteady Cool - 13 - Hurt My Soul.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Count Ossie & The Wareikas - Remembering Count Ossie - 07 - First Gone.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Slickers, The - Harder They Come, The - 07 - Johnny Too Bad.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Ethiopians, The - Treasure Isle Time - 19 - Mother's Tender Care (Take 2).flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Culture - Humble African - 01 - Why I Am a Rastaman.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Owen Gray - Camel (45rpm 7_) - 45 - No Other One.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Andy & Joey - Allen Kaatz Compilations El Bang Bang - 09 - Don't You Know.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey - 02 - Slavery Days.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Ken Parker - Allen Kaatz Compilations Skank Corner - 15 - When You Are Gone.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Eric Donaldson - Cherry Oh Baby - 04 - What a Festival.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Silvertones, The - Upsetter Shop Vol. Two, The - 21 - Sweets for My Sweet (Rehersal).flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Winston Jarrett - Allen Kaatz Compilations Rocksteady Cool - 16 - Take You Anywhere.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Alton Ellis - Alton Sings the Heptones Harmonize - 09 - Inside My Soul.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Slim Smith - Keep That Lovelight Shining Cd2 - 04 - Keep That Light Shining on Me.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Ethiopians, The - World Goes Ska, The - 03 - Stay Loose Mama.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Jimmy Cliff - Live From Sndtrk. The Harder They Come - 00 - Harder They Come.flac
/mnt/firstsd/Mixes/Jamaican Mixes/No Rachet In Your Waist/Rulers, The - Allen Kaatz Compilations_ Well Covered - 06 - Well Covered.flac

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #1,189 of 6,795
Yeah that is quite simple. I would not expect the playlist itself to cause an issue.

Do all those songs play on the DX80 without issue?

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #1,190 of 6,795
Also, try removing all lines but 1 and see if it imports and plays.

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #1,191 of 6,795
  I charged my DX80 this afternoon until the charge icon showed 'charged' 

I've just checked it 3 hours later, its still at 100%.

Was your DX80 turned on or off during these 3 hours?

It seems that mine should be turned off whener I don't use otherwise it drains battery even without playing music. It must be a software problem as apprarently I'm not the only one here.

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #1,192 of 6,795

Was your DX80 turned on or off during these 3 hours?

It seems that mine should be turned off whener I don't use otherwise it drains battery even without playing music. It must be a software problem as apprarently I'm not the only one here.

It was turned off those 3 hours. I used it this afternoon and it started dropping normally from 100% > 99, 98, 97 etc.

I always turn off my DAPs when not using this them. DX80 is not like an Android phone that can sit running idle while switched on. My theory is long as the player is switched on the internal amp section is powered up happily munching away on battery power to some degree.

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #1,193 of 6,795
It was turned off those 3 hours. I used it this afternoon and it started dropping normally from 100% > 99, 98, 97 etc.

I always turn off my DAPs when not using this them. DX80 is not like an Android phone that can sit running idle while switched on. My theory is long as the player is switched on the internal amp section is powered up happily munching away on battery power to some degree.

Your theory is correct!

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #1,194 of 6,795

Thanks, yeah it is puking for sure. I took one and removed all the & in it but still no joy. I have spaces and hyphens in my filenames, and & in this one.

I'll make a very basic one tonight but this is a pretty student filename template is it not?

I downloaded your playlist you sent via PM, and it imported into my DX80 just fine. Granted, the resulting playlist was blank since I don't have any of those songs, but the import went fine.

I'm going back to wildly guessing that one of the songs may be the culprit. Others have had issues scanning because on of there songs had artwork that the DX80 didn't like, and there may have been some other reasons that people had problems scanning a card.

My suggestion would be to trim this to 1 song and see if that imports. If that works, then I'd really bet that it's one of the files.

It might be a good test to play all the songs and see if they play - a few seconds will be enough. Since these are all in one directory, go to the My Music screen, choose Directory, etc. As soon as a song starts playing, just skip to the next.

Just to make sure, you are running firmware 1.1.4 right?
And did you do a factory reset after upgrading your firmware? I had issues scanning my card because I forgot that step. The scan kept getting to 2% and crashing. But then I remembered to reset and the card scanned fine.

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #1,195 of 6,795
Your theory is correct!

Your theory is correct!

Well, then it's a normal state state how it's functioning. I should get used to turning it off every time it's not in use. I own also AK100 Mk2 and X5 II and neither of them behaves like that.

Just checked my DX80 and there's no drain with power off. Time for new habits.

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #1,197 of 6,795

I think I know where the problem is coming from - the battery isn't yet fully charged although the charging screen (when the DAP is turned off) reads "Charged". I figured that out because once, when I charged the DX80 and the charging screen said "charged", I turned it on (while it was still plugged in) and the battery indicator said "95%" - then, I turned the device off again and left it plugged in for charging for some more time, and then the battery indicator also said "100%" when I turned it on.

Long story short, I think your DAP didn't discharge but the charging screen is just inaccurate.

Actually it's my second day with DX 80 (unpacked it yesterday). I charged it from a wall socket and it didn't say anything, I just noticed 100% battery level and disconnected the charger. What I can agree you is that the battery level indicator is inaccurate as the drain balance is uneven.

Just like with a smartphone, your battery needs a couple full charge/discharge cycles for self calibration in order to display % more accurately. Furthermore, even so it says fully charged, these devices often enter a trickle charge mode for the last 5%.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #1,198 of 6,795
Just like with a smartphone, your battery needs a couple full charge/discharge cycles for self calibration in order to display % more accurately. Furthermore, even so it says fully charged, these devices often enter a trickle charge mode for the last 5%.

This is correct. Also for safety reasons you do not want to do a full charge right up to the maximum storage of the battery. A trickle charge to obtain a full charge is best and works best for the life of the battery. The batteries we source for the DX80 are very high quality and designed for years of use.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 14, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,200 of 6,795
  A quick question. Is it normal that my DX80 turning off time with See you screen is 20 seconds or so?

It takes 20 seconds to turn off? Mine turns off in a few seconds. I would do a factory reset and see if that corrects this. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back