iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 13, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #1,176 of 6,795
Dec 13, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #1,177 of 6,795
my dx80 has strange behavior with 8gb v-gen fat32 (slow as snail 
tongue.gif
 ) using folder structure from smartphone and used in 2nd slot while playing music sometime not starting from 00.00 

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #1,178 of 6,795
Notepad++ is what I used, but I don't know what Brackets is.

If you want to send me the playlist I can take a look at it. MediaMonkey produces a very simple m3u file. Perhaps JR is producing one that's more complex.

Thanks, I have made the exact changes needed and copied into the existing Playlist1 to test. I saved in UTF-8 DOS/Windows format which was the same the Notepad++ opened it in.

I have also taken the same data and plugged it into my original named playlist to test if I can import it.

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #1,179 of 6,795
This doesn't make sense it me.

Edits made directly to the DX80 created Playlist1, are not showing up on the device. But the playlist has been edited and those changes are reflected when the file is opened on Windows with Notepad++.

I re-scanned both SD cards as well.

I also have a copy of the edited playlist1 on one of the SD cards and after I import, the device clicks and restarts.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #1,180 of 6,795
Hi,

I charged it full in the evening and when I turned it on in the morning it was 94 %, so 6 % discharge in 8 hours after auto switch off. It's a bit too much for self discharge. Has anybody the same problem?

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #1,181 of 6,795
  Hi,

I charged it full in the evening and when I turned it on in the morning it was 94 %, so 6 % discharge in 8 hours after auto switch off. It's a bit too much for self discharge. Has anybody the same problem?

What do you mean auto switch off? How long was it running when it was turned off? Mine doesn't seem to loose much of any charge from when I shut it down to when I turn it back on. 

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #1,182 of 6,795
When the unit is turned on, the amount of battery drained seems to be about the same regardless of whether music is playing or not. This morning I forgot to turn off the unit while fully charged and about 4 hours later 55% was left. This is with no music playing.  

Also, seems like scanning the card is not always indexing all the files even if the scanning progress shows 100%. Only after playing the un-scanned files through folder browsing will it be indexed in the library. 

By the way, I think it would be nice if auto shutdown could be disabled automatically whenever it is being used as a DAC with a computer. Having to change that option everytime I use it as a DAC can be a bit inconvenient IMO.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #1,183 of 6,795

What do you mean auto switch off? How long was it running when it was turned off? Mine doesn't seem to loose much of any charge from when I shut it down to when I turn it back on. 

Sorry, it's called Auto power-off in 30 minutes. After charging it wasn't running a all, only staying in idle for half an hour and then powering off.

When the unit is turned on, the amount of battery drained seems to be about the same regardless of whether music is playing or not. This morning I forgot to turn off the unit while fully charged and about 4 hours later 55% was left. This is with no music playing.  

Yes, probably that's the case. I hope it will be fixed with a later FW version. Ok, I will always turn it off after using.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #1,184 of 6,795
  Hi,

I think I know where the problem is coming from - the battery isn't yet fully charged although the charging screen (when the DAP is turned off) reads "Charged". I figured that out because once, when I charged the DX80 and the charging screen said "charged", I turned it on (while it was still plugged in) and the battery indicator said "95%" - then, I turned the device off again and left it plugged in for charging for some more time, and then the battery indicator also said "100%" when I turned it on.

Long story short, I think your DAP didn't discharge but the charging screen is just inaccurate.

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #1,185 of 6,795

I think I know where the problem is coming from - the battery isn't yet fully charged although the charging screen (when the DAP is turned off) reads "Charged". I figured that out because once, when I charged the DX80 and the charging screen said "charged", I turned it on (while it was still plugged in) and the battery indicator said "95%" - then, I turned the device off again and left it plugged in for charging for some more time, and then the battery indicator also said "100%" when I turned it on.

Long story short, I think your DAP didn't discharge but the charging screen is just inaccurate.

Actually it's my second day with DX 80 (unpacked it yesterday). I charged it from a wall socket and it didn't say anything, I just noticed 100% battery level and disconnected the charger. What I can agree you is that the battery level indicator is inaccurate as the drain balance is uneven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back