iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 13, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #1,158 of 6,795
Notepad++ is what I used, but I don't know what Brackets is.

If you want to send me the playlist I can take a look at it. MediaMonkey produces a very simple m3u file. Perhaps JR is producing one that's more complex.

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #1,159 of 6,795
Just remembered probably my skipping problem is probably related to me transferring from external hard disk straight in the sad card. I forgot that to put the the files on my computer. Reformatted the sd card to exFAT and transferred back the files now dx 8 not reading it. God I'm really losing my patience. Well I hope my proper unit won't be this buggy.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #1,160 of 6,795
Notepad++ is what I used, but I don't know what Brackets is.

If you want to send me the playlist I can take a look at it. MediaMonkey produces a very simple m3u file. Perhaps JR is producing one that's more complex.

Thanks! Firmware update seems to have stabilized my Line Out issue, sounds pretty nice on the hifi in lieu of the Vega!

I'll dig into the playlists tomorrow. Maybe I will PM you one.

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #1,161 of 6,795
If I leave the DX80 as a DAC, the unit just shuts down after a while and goes into Charging mode. I was listening to Stan Getx while I made dinner, and noticed it had stopped. Keeps doing it but I'm not sure if there is a pattern to the duration. I get at least 10-15 min.

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #1,162 of 6,795
If I leave the DX80 as a DAC, the unit just shuts down after a while and goes into Charging mode. I was listening to Stan Getx while I made dinner, and noticed it had stopped. Keeps doing it but I'm not sure if there is a pattern to the duration. I get at least 10-15 min.

Goto the auto shutdown timer in settings and set it to 'never'

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,163 of 6,795
Goto the auto shutdown timer in settings and set it to 'never'

Great, was hoping something like that would work. too busy making dinner to check it out. Love the unit so far, especially with the kinks ironing out.

I have an old pair of AKG601 at woprk, I noticed a lot of bass with the DX80, also on my home system to ZU Unions. Love that it doubles as a USB DAC...now for some 200GB SD cards!

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #1,164 of 6,795

Great, was hoping something like that would work. too busy making dinner to check it out. Love the unit so far, especially with the kinks ironing out.

I have an old pair of AKG601 at woprk, I noticed a lot of bass with the DX80, also on my home system to ZU Unions. Love that it doubles as a USB DAC...now for some 200GB SD cards!

are you saying the system got auto shutdown is bad when auto shutdown in on !?
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #1,165 of 6,795
Sorry I don't know what you are asking. If using as a DAP, I assume the u it has some kind of delay for the display.

I haven't even looked yet, but it sounds like this feature of auto-shutdown must be for the DAC only, as who would want the DAP to shut off after a certain amount of time.

During DAP mode playback, I wonder if unplugging the Phone out out pauses/locks playback like other players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #1,167 of 6,795
Sorry I don't know what you are asking. If using as a DAP, I assume the u it has some kind of delay for the display.

I haven't even looked yet, but it sounds like this feature of auto-shutdown must be for the DAC only, as who would want the DAP to shut off after a certain amount of time.

During DAP mode playback, I wonder if unplugging the Phone out out pauses/locks playback like other players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swipe to the left and go into the advanced menu to the Power Management settings. You will have options there. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #1,168 of 6,795
I just got my DX80 and i love it! What do you guys recommend for earphones to use with it?

Do you like headphones or IEM's? There are so many of either and person preferences are varied. Do you like more bass, neutral etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back