iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 14, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #1,201 of 6,795
Mine also turns off in just a few seconds.

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #1,202 of 6,795
I would like to find a leather case for this player, I do not like silicone!
mad.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #1,203 of 6,795

It takes 20 seconds to turn off? Mine turns off in a few seconds. I would do a factory reset and see if that corrects this. 

Actually it took 33 seconds to turn off. Just did a factory reset and it helped. Now scanning both cards. Thanks for the advice. I hope this issue won't repeat. The DX80 is not that glitch free as I previosly thought.

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #1,205 of 6,795

Actually it took 33 seconds to turn off. Just did a factory reset and it helped. Now scanning both cards. Thanks for the advice. I hope this issue won't repeat. The DX80 is not that glitch free as I previosly thought.

I guess nothing always is. I don't have anything that causes problems on mine. No glitches. I am curious as to the next FW, what it will do but for now, I have no complaints and find this one of the best daps I have heard and the UI is easy to use. 

On pairing, The Koss Porta Pros are excellent with the DX80. They just seem made for each other. I know the uber expensive Tera Player manufacture recommends the PP and I have used them for years but they are so wide open and natural sounding with then DX80, for me, it is the perfect portable sound combination. If isolation is needed and non disturbation of neighbors, the Sony Z5 do a great job. 

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #1,206 of 6,795
Mine also turns off in a few seconds. Now it has time to burn in it does have an amazing sound, so glad I bought it.

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #1,207 of 6,795
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet. I have been accidentally jumping to the next song or pausing while the unit is in my pocket. Perhaps in a future update they might add lock options....lock any or all the hard buttons once the unit goes into lock mode. I know that the FiiO X5 gives 3 different options for locking the hard buttons. Boy, would that be nice.

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #1,208 of 6,795

I guess nothing always is. I don't have anything that causes problems on mine. No glitches. I am curious as to the next FW, what it will do but for now, I have no complaints and find this one of the best daps I have heard and the UI is easy to use. 

On pairing, The Koss Porta Pros are excellent with the DX80. They just seem made for each other. I know the uber expensive Tera Player manufacture recommends the PP and I have used them for years but they are so wide open and natural sounding with then DX80, for me, it is the perfect portable sound combination. If isolation is needed and non disturbation of neighbors, the Sony Z5 do a great job. 

I agree, in general day to day use the DX80 is quite stable. I haven't experienced a single freeze or lock up so far and I have used my unit on an average of 6 hours a day everyday since getting them 2 weeks ago. 

I still have issues with card scanning though, and it is super hard to identify exactly which files are causing the problem. I am planning to spend some time this weekend to isolate the culprit files on my card. Hopefully it will help in fixing the issue. In the meantime I will switch to folder browsing with alphabetically ordered album name. 

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #1,209 of 6,795
  I agree, in general day to day use the DX80 is quite stable. I haven't experienced a single freeze or lock up so far and I have used my unit on an average of 6 hours a day everyday since getting them 2 weeks ago. 

I still have issues with card scanning though, and it is super hard to identify exactly which files are causing the problem. I am planning to spend some time this weekend to isolate the culprit files on my card. Hopefully it will help in fixing the issue. In the meantime I will switch to folder browsing with alphabetically ordered album name. 

I wonder what is going on. I have around 20 cards from 32gb to 200gb with ALAC, FLAC, WAV, DSD and have no problems. I use them for all the daps I have. I guess I should knock on wood so I don't have any problems. DSD on the DX80 is fantastic but then a lot of my regular stuff that is well recorded really comes across well. I am listening to the Pioneer SE Master 1 straight out of the 80 and it drives them fine. Very good imaging and fantastic dynamics! 

Dec 14, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #1,211 of 6,795
I like the silicone but would love a leather case. Who is making one?

Dec 14, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #1,212 of 6,795
Gents, help a hapless fellow out! I want to get rid of my iPod 5th generation. What would be the better choice - the FiiO X5 II or this? I am mostly looking at the battery life, UI/navigation and the SQ. What would you folks recommend?

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,213 of 6,795
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet. I have been accidentally jumping to the next song or pausing while the unit is in my pocket. Perhaps in a future update they might add lock options....lock any or all the hard buttons once the unit goes into lock mode. I know that the FiiO X5 gives 3 different options for locking the hard buttons. Boy, would that be nice.

You know what I think would be cool and also functional for this? If iBasso could implement a time-out feature for a lock screen which locks the buttons and screen like an Andriod smartphone, with a similar unlocking sequence where you'd press the power button to wake the screen then swipe your finger across the touch screen to unlock DX80, that would be cool!  

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #1,215 of 6,795
  I'm still having issue with DX 80 reading my 128 gb sdcard. Reformatted with the mac the first time to exFAT and secondly to MS Dos FAT both nothing. Gents any suggestion?

Does anything else read the card? Maybe there is a problem with the card. I have 128 in exFat and FAT32 with no problem on the DX80. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back