iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jul 25, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #5,131 of 6,795
I am still looking into the file limitations. We have scanned in over 33,000 files with success including artwork. We have also been contacted by people with large files that have no problem scanning. We continue to investigate this to give you concrete answers.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 25, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #5,132 of 6,795
  I am still looking into the file limitations. We have scanned in over 33,000 files with success including artwork. We have also been contacted by people with large files that have no problem scanning. We continue to investigate this to give you concrete answers.

Hi Paul,

if you use mp3tag to add to every of your 33K files a cover of 1000x1000 artwork, or a coversize above 500kb ;
you may be able to reproduce the issue and investigate from the player's behaviour.

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #5,133 of 6,795

Hi Paul,

if you use mp3tag to add to every of your 33K files a cover of 1000x1000 artwork, or a coversize above 500kb ;
you may be able to reproduce the issue and investigate from the player's behaviour.

1000*1000 artwork is too large. 500*500 works well. There will be a cutoff of 900*900 for art size.

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #5,135 of 6,795

1000*1000 artwork is too large. 500*500 works well. There will be a cutoff of 900*900 for art size.

Hi Paul,
maybe limitations should be mentionned in Kb for cover size.
DX80 can handle 3000*3000 artwork, or even 2mb covers.
however it reaches its limit at one point when increasing the database.

I have artworks that are 600*600 and weight 600 kb,
and I have some that are 1400*1400 and weight 170 kb.

limitation is fine, and users will refrain from complaining if they can realize that the database they try to build up is above the player's limitations.
according to lurker0's information on internal memory, that would make the DX80 able to handle roughly 30k files with 100kb cover average.

Oh and please, don't add a limitation to 900*900 art size, if the player can handle it, why would you?
of course it seems stupid wanting to display art that big on a screen that won't be able to match the resolution,
but that would be a shame to force a user to resize his collection's art in order to have it displayed on his DAP while they might share the collection on foobar or xmbc with bigger art.

thank you for listening to us,
just trying to get the best out of it, and now I'm finally happy with my library build up :)

(I'm now using FW1.3.3 because of vorbis comment bug in 1.4.2, and the title order default from directory mode in 1.5.2 - hope we'll have a fix)

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #5,137 of 6,795
My DX80 battery seems to be going south... and fast. Started listen about an hour ago with 100%, now its 53%. That's not normal for a device half a year old.

What is the procedure to get the battery replaced?

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #5,138 of 6,795
Hi,

after hours of working on my music library (creating folder.jpgs and removing the cover art from all my music files) my DX80 finally did the complete scan. Maybe this is something worth to mention somewhere. I am now on 1.5.2 and hope I am not affected by the battery drain which is mentioned on some posts.

Maik

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #5,139 of 6,795
  Hi,

after hours of working on my music library (creating folder.jpgs and removing the cover art from all my music files) my DX80 finally did the complete scan. Maybe this is something worth to mention somewhere. I am now on 1.5.2 and hope I am not affected by the battery drain which is mentioned on some posts.

Maik

Congrats!
But this is not the way for me since I have over 17K Songs in over 1,4K Albums and with firmware 1.33 everything is fine with my Library.
So I won´t edit this stuff for a single Firmware!
I am still hoping iBasso is able to fix this in forthcoming firmware Versions.

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #5,140 of 6,795

Congrats!
But this is not the way for me since I have over 17K Songs in over 1,4K Albums and with firmware 1.33 everything is fine with my Library.
So I won´t edit this stuff for a single Firmware!
I am still hoping iBasso is able to fix this in forthcoming firmware Versions.

well, you will have to if it's due to limitations,
my library was fine too, but now pinpointing what causes the crash, it seems obvious that it is the size.
no matter what firmware upgrade they do, a database that stores embedded cover art will always be limited by size.
I had to remove the embedded covers of 23K songs.
have a look at the total file scanned before it crashes, and see what is the max you can get. You might need just a little bit of space.
you can use mp3tag and scan your library, use the %cover_size% to sort them and have a look at the heaviest one,
you can try to resize the embedded art to decrease the size or simply remove the art. if you perform another scan you should see that you will now max your total file to a higher number.

nothing's wrong with your library, and probably nothing's wrong with the DX80 as well, but it has its limitations.

Jul 27, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #5,141 of 6,795
I have over 23K Songs in nearly 2k Albums, so I know what a mess it can be.

However, to be fair, the doing itself only requires two or three single steps if the folder structure is in a way that every album has a single folder and the cover art is the same for every song of that album. Then you can use mp3tag.

The process takes time because every single song has to be touched and changed. Other than that you can sit back.

And the process can be reverted by using mp3tag again.

I don't think that IBasso is changing the way of handling the limitiation of the database which is created during the scan process, so I just tried and got rewarded
redface.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #5,142 of 6,795

well, you will have to if it's due to limitations,
my library was fine too, but now pinpointing what causes the crash, it seems obvious that it is the size.
no matter what firmware upgrade they do, a database that stores embedded cover art will always be limited by size.
I had to remove the embedded covers of 23K songs.
have a look at the total file scanned before it crashes, and see what is the max you can get. You might need just a little bit of space.
you can use mp3tag and scan your library, use the %cover_size% to sort them and have a look at the heaviest one,
you can try to resize the embedded art to decrease the size or simply remove the art. if you perform another scan you should see that you will now max your total file to a higher number.

nothing's wrong with your library, and probably nothing's wrong with the DX80 as well, but it has its limitations.

You were 1 minute earlier than me
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #5,143 of 6,795
I currently own ibasso dx80 listening with audio technica 50x and creative aurvana live between both Headphones I prefer CAL but I want to upgrade headphone and my choice is soundmagic hp150
is the Sound quality is good without any amp.
how does the Soundstage of hp150 will compete with CAL in term of both width and depth

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #5,144 of 6,795
We will be coming out with parameters on the art work size and file number for the DX80. I will be posting this soon.

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #5,145 of 6,795
  My DX80 battery seems to be going south... and fast. Started listen about an hour ago with 100%, now its 53%. That's not normal for a device half a year old.

What is the procedure to get the battery replaced?

You can contact the distributor for your area or contact us directly. A few of the distributors are able to change out the battery if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back