iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 10, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #1,336 of 1,489
@LexAudio

You should turn your DX80 completely off when it's not in use. If you just pause the music and turn off the screen, the processor and DAC as well as amp chips are still being powered which of course drains the battery quickly.

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #1,337 of 1,489
  @LexAudio

You should turn your DX80 completely off when it's not in use. If you just pause the music and turn off the screen, the processor and DAC as well as amp chips are still being powered which of course drains the battery quickly.

Yes, I actually have it on auto power off after 10 minutes. I just noticed this the first time I got the unit when the auto power off was turned off by default and so I left it there for sometime thinking it would turn off automatically

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #1,338 of 1,489
Hi Paul
I reloaded the FW to current version using the batch tool.
Checked my SD cards and they both had errors! Reformatted them using SD Formatter and copied the files back over.
Put the cards back into the device and did a factory reset followed by a full library scan.
After the library scan I did another chkdsk while in Card Reader mode and the cards both had errors again!!
In fact, everytime I do a library scan the cards get corrupted. However, they don't get corrupted copying music data onto them.
The cards are 2 x 128Gb SanDisk Ultra SDXC UHS-I Class 10 cards.
Please advise.

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #1,339 of 1,489
  Hi Paul
I reloaded the FW to current version using the batch tool.
Checked my SD cards and they both had errors! Reformatted them using SD Formatter and copied the files back over.
Put the cards back into the device and did a factory reset followed by a full library scan.
After the library scan I did another chkdsk while in Card Reader mode and the cards both had errors again!!
In fact, everytime I do a library scan the cards get corrupted. However, they don't get corrupted copying music data onto them.
The cards are 2 x 128Gb SanDisk Ultra SDXC UHS-I Class 10 cards.
Please advise.

I had a DX90 in which every card loaded would show errors when connected to a Windows machine.  After some research on the issue, I just ignored the error message from that point on and never had a problem.

Does the same card show an error when connected via a card reader? 

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #1,340 of 1,489
Yes, a Kingston card reader shows the corruption.
My original symptom is that while playing music the unit will start to skip like a CD. The unit then automatically reboots. After the reboot playing the same song again is fine - no issues.
The library itself is an established one and I upsample it to DSD with JRiver or HqPlayer no problem. 
I suspect the ongoing reboots may be the source of the corruption.
I have confirmed the card's origin using SD Insight and integrity using H2TestW which writes 1Gb files to the entire storage and then verifies them.
Using the cards in any other device is no problem, they work well.

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #1,344 of 1,489
  I just was looking to Firmware 1.5.8 at http://ibasso.com/down.php  ,but this is gone!.
It is no longer offered for download...

That was a glitch in the system. It will be back up soon.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 17, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #1,346 of 1,489

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #1,349 of 1,489
  We're done, I'm afraid. iBasso will focus on DX200 from now on... :frowning2:

No. As I stated there will be another FW update. We do not forget our customers. We are all in this together to enjoy the music and to do it with the least frustration possible. Music is wonderful and we don't want anything interfering with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back