iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 13, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #1,306 of 1,489
I just had this issue myself. It was losing about 10% battery life per day when off.   It was a bad battery. 

Contact Paul and if you live in the USA, there is someone who is nice enough to replace the battery if you ship it to him. He has some new batteries from Paul.   (I'm assuming it is still under warranty)  This person does an excellent job and I had my unit back in less than a week.  My battery works like it should now with virtually no discharge when off.  If you do this, remember this person is doing this out of the goodness of his heart, so please thank him. 

Hope this helps. 

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #1,307 of 1,489
Hi, I received an iBasso DX80 for Christmas but I have  been experiencing some issues, and since I'm new to iBasso and because I haven't been able to find working solutions elsewhere in the forum I thought I would ask here. I am using a 128 GB SD card and had tried listening to a few songs yesterday in FLAC. During the playthrough the songs would stutter/skip/speed up. I tried two different FLAC albums by two different artists as well as another album in MP4 and the problem continued. The card I was using was brand new.

I contacted the iBasso support and I was told to try downloading and installing the firmware. The DX80 I received is using firmware version 1.3.3 so I downloaded the newest versions of the firmware and read the installation methods here as well as in the readme and the iBasso manual. I attempted to install the update but each time I would get a black screen with different colored text saying that the image file could not be found. I cleared everything off of the card except for the update.img and tried again and still got the same window and message. Going back through the posts here I decided to download a program from a pasted link to reformat the card to FAT32, which I did. I tried again a few more times, even with other versions of the newer firmware and I'm still receiving the same message and I don't know what to do anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #1,308 of 1,489
  Hi, I received an iBasso DX80 for Christmas but I have  been experiencing some issues, and since I'm new to iBasso and because I haven't been able to find working solutions elsewhere in the forum I thought I would ask here. I am using a 128 GB SD card and had tried listening to a few songs yesterday in FLAC. During the playthrough the songs would stutter/skip/speed up. I tried two different FLAC albums by two different artists as well as another album in MP4 and the problem continued. The card I was using was brand new.

I contacted the iBasso support and I was told to try downloading and installing the firmware. The DX80 I received is using firmware version 1.3.3 so I downloaded the newest versions of the firmware and read the installation methods here as well as in the readme and the iBasso manual. I attempted to install the update but each time I would get a black screen with different colored text saying that the image file could not be found. I cleared everything off of the card except for the update.img and tried again and still got the same window and message. Going back through the posts here I decided to download a program from a pasted link to reformat the card to FAT32, which I did. I tried again a few more times, even with other versions of the newer firmware and I'm still receiving the same message and I don't know what to do anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you putting the .img file on the card and not in a folder and in the second slot? Have no card in the first slot that is closest to the screen. After the update do a factory reset.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 30, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #1,310 of 1,489
I just tried again and all I see each time I try are the words DX80 system recovery <3e> followed by possible options to choose with the volume buttons and this message each time I try to update:

Finding update package...
===UPDATE IMAGE===
Find and check firmware...
E:Check failed
Can not found firmware image or invalid
image.
Installation aborted.

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #1,311 of 1,489
  I just tried again and all I see each time I try are the words DX80 system recovery <3e> followed by possible options to choose with the volume buttons and this message each time I try to update:

Finding update package...
===UPDATE IMAGE===
Find and check firmware...
E:Check failed
Can not found firmware image or invalid
image.
Installation aborted.

I have used the following process for DX80 firmware updates.  To me it seems a way more convenient method:

• Connect DX80 to computer and unzip firmware .img file to root folder of sd1 on device (which should appear as a drive letter on your computer).
  • Safely remove DX80 from computer and power down.
  • Continuously hold down power and '+' button together on DX80 until the system menu screen appears.
  • Select the menu option to reset the system first.
  • When this completes you return to the system menu.  Then choose the new firmware option.
  • That's it.

You can then remove the .img file from card sd1 if you like but I don't think its continued presence has any consequences.

I must have done at least 20 firmware updates like this since I've owned the device and never had any issues.

Good luck!

Pete

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #1,312 of 1,489
Thank you, Pete! The firmware updates finally went on. However, I have another issue that doesn't seem to have been resolved via firmware update. Whenever I try listening to a song it's riddled with stuttering/popping/and glitchy quality even though these same files play perfectly in iTunes, PotPlayer, VLC and off other portable players. Any idea what to do or why this is happening?

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #1,313 of 1,489
Thank you, Pete! The firmware updates finally went on. However, I have another issue that doesn't seem to have been resolved via firmware update. Whenever I try listening to a song it's riddled with stuttering/popping/and glitchy quality even though these same files play perfectly in iTunes, PotPlayer, VLC and off other portable players. Any idea what to do or why this is happening?

I haven't ever had that happen on my 80. Did you try a factory reset? I have read of a few people having the issue and fixed it but I can't remember what they did. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #1,315 of 1,489

I haven't ever had that happen on my 80. Did you try a factory reset? I have read of a few people having the issue and fixed it but I can't remember what they did. 

Are you listening with headphones via the headphone socket?  If so, a statement of the obvious is it's either a faulty card or a faulty DX80.  Does the card work in other players?

What music format are you using?  Does it happen with all music formats? Etc..

The DX80 is definitely worth persevering with.... great bang for your buck... hope you get it sorted!

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,317 of 1,489
I've tried with mp4 and FLAC and the problem is present for both. I am using headphones in the correct jack.

Find a song you know has the issue and remove all the tags with this program.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back