iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 17, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #1,351 of 1,489

No. As I stated there will be another FW update. We do not forget our customers. We are all in this together to enjoy the music and to do it with the least frustration possible. Music is wonderful and we don't want anything interfering with this.

Thank you Paul. I appreciate that. But pulling the last firmware in favor of DX200 made me feel a bit concerned...

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #1,352 of 1,489
  We're done, I'm afraid. iBasso will focus on DX200 from now on... :frowning2:

Remember that DX200 also has Mango player. It shares the source code with DX80. Moreover, I took Mango libraries from a DX200 firmware update, put into DX80 firmware, and - guess what happened? - of course, it works. The only thing that prevents to launch Mango itself from DX200 on DX80 is different screen resolution.

So, once they've finished with DX200-specific tasks, it would be a matter of to build it with different settings to have a new firmware for DX80.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #1,354 of 1,489
Jan 22, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #1,355 of 1,489
I am trying to get a specific album to play, "Deja Vu" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young in 24 bit 192Khz from HDTracks. No luck so far. Other albums in that format and resolution play fine. The files play fine off the card on my computer, just not off the DX80. In fact, when I attempt playback, the DX80 hangs completely and has to be shut down and turned back on. Nothing I try has fixed this. Anyone have an idea?

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #1,356 of 1,489
Update: I reset the firmware using the batch tool. No change. I also noticed that if I try to play a song it doesn't crash instantly, I can hit the pause button. If I do so, instead of "0" for time elapsed I get a very long seemingly random number, then it crashes. If I do anything else it crashes immediately.

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #1,357 of 1,489
Update: I reset the firmware using the batch tool. No change. I also noticed that if I try to play a song it doesn't crash instantly, I can hit the pause button. If I do so, instead of "0" for time elapsed I get a very long seemingly random number, then it crashes. If I do anything else it crashes immediately.

Have you tried cleaning the card with something like CleanMyDrive 2? It could be a tagging issue also.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 23, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #1,359 of 1,489
So here is the latest update. I redownloaded the tracks from HD Tracks to my PC (24bit 192khz FLAC), deleted the album art completely, deleted the tags completely, retagged the songs manually myself, loaded them on a different SD Card, checked to make sure it would play on my PC (it does without issue), scanned the card in the DX80 and attempted to play the album, with exactly the same result as before. No change whatsoever. On the same card I loaded a different album also in 24 bit 192khz FLAC (Louis Armstrong, What a Wonderful World), and that album played fine on the DX80 without any hesitation. I am extremely confused and frustrated.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #1,361 of 1,489

HI, I have owned my dx80 for about a year, almost trouble free until tonight. I left it on charge last night, switched on and the screen turned off, the power button would not switch the screen back on. I thought the battery was dead so pugged charger in and it switched on and battery indicator showed 100% but again screen turned off and would only come on with the charger plugged in but sound continues with or without charger...any ideas

Simon

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #1,363 of 1,489

HI, I have owned my dx80 for about a year, almost trouble free until tonight. I left it on charge last night, switched on and the screen turned off, the power button would not switch the screen back on. I thought the battery was dead so pugged charger in and it switched on and battery indicator showed 100% but again screen turned off and would only come on with the charger plugged in but sound continues with or without charger...any ideas

Simon

I had a problem and was told to use the USB and plug the DX80 into the computer and then turn the DX80 on. Try a hard shutdown by holding down the power button for 5 seconds or so. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #1,364 of 1,489
Paul,

Update on the 24bit/192khz FLAC issue. I completely cleaned and reformatted the card as you suggested, put the music back on it, checked it for playback off that card on a computer (no problems) made sure all the tags were clean and there was no album art whatsoever, and reloaded the album on the iBasso DX80 - no change in behavior, it hung immediately rather than playing the track. This is on the latest firmware FYI, 1.5.8. 

Just to see if it was something that could be corrected by switching firmware, I also tried Lurker's latest firmware based on 1.5.8 and had the same problem, so as that was no the issue I went back to stock firmware.

After playing around with other albums I noticed the issues are very album specific. Take three albums, all FLAC 24bit 192khz legally purchased from HD Tracks, and all of which play fine on VLC player from my laptop even if the data is being transferred from the iBasso itself. 

Crosby Stills Nash And Young - Deja Vu - will not play at all and crashes as previously noted
Phil Collins - Face Value - will play but skips and stutters periodically (and extremely frustratingly)
Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World - seems to play fine with no real stuttering or other issues

Again, all three are the same format purchased from the same well-known website, yet they all play differently on my iBasso DX80. 

It would be awesome if someone else could try these albums on their DX80 and see if they can replicate the issues, but asking someone to pay ~$75 for music so they can help test a bug is a bit unreasonable. :wink: Still, nothing I do seems to have any effect whatsoever on playback, and it's not a consistent problem with all 24bit 192khz music, it's very much track by track. It's worth noting too that I've tried playing these albums at this point on three different MicroSD cards with exactly the same issues, so it does not seem to be card specific. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back