iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 2, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #1,321 of 1,489
I wonder if gapless function in dx80 are up side down like when I turn it off mostly my dx80 wouldn't play  at very end of track  but when it's on it play normally but will take a second while manually pressing next button; or I missunderstanding what gapless mean?

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #1,322 of 1,489
I wonder if gapless function in dx80 are up side down like when I turn it off mostly my dx80 wouldn't play  at very end of track  but when it's on it play normally but will take a second while manually pressing next button; or I missunderstanding what gapless mean?

Gapless is actually designed to, well, provide a gapless transition between the end of one track and the beginning of the next, with an album that has been recorded this way where the track just doesn't end at the end but blends into the next.
Without correctlly working gapless playback, you'd hear a small break/glitch/pause/stutter between the two tracks although they should be played seamlessly.

That said, gapless playback has worked perfectly since day 1 with the DX80 whereas it took many firmware updates for the DX90 until gapless also worked perfectly with it.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #1,324 of 1,489
I just received a replacement unit for my Ibasso DX80 as my previous one already has awful battery life. However, the unit that I got seems to be experiencing the same issue as before. The unit heats up quite considerably when playing music such that you'll really feel something warm in your pocket when using it and it's even worse when I use it as a USB DAC. While battery life isn't as bad as before(I could barely get 2 hours with my previous unit), this new unit hardly gets to 5 hours of playing time. I'm using the latest firmware already and I don't know what to do with this anymore.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,326 of 1,489
I have the same issue with the battery life. Will be sending the unit back for a new one. I note the original battery lasted for about 1 year only.

Overall, this experience with this piece of ... equipment has been a joke. Unfortunately the joke's on us.

I almost fell out of my chair when they announced that a scroll bar in a window was an 'upgrade' in the firmware.

Btw, I have 2 x 128Gb SanDisk Ultra cards in this thing for an uncompressed library that is used with JRiver and iTunes as well.
However, the unit has never managed play continuously without ending up skipping like a CD and freezing.

Oh, well, you get what you pay for. Lesson learned.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #1,327 of 1,489
  I just received a replacement unit for my Ibasso DX80 as my previous one already has awful battery life. However, the unit that I got seems to be experiencing the same issue as before. The unit heats up quite considerably when playing music such that you'll really feel something warm in your pocket when using it and it's even worse when I use it as a USB DAC. While battery life isn't as bad as before(I could barely get 2 hours with my previous unit), this new unit hardly gets to 5 hours of playing time. I'm using the latest firmware already and I don't know what to do with this anymore.

The higher resolution formats use more current and therefore create more heat in a dap. Five hours to 6 hours sounds like DSD playback. On normal lossless playback will be around 11 hours.

I have the same issue with the battery life. Will be sending the unit back for a new one. I note the original battery lasted for about 1 year only.

Overall, this experience with this piece of ... equipment has been a joke. Unfortunately the joke's on us.

I almost fell out of my chair when they announced that a scroll bar in a window was an 'upgrade' in the firmware.

Btw, I have 2 x 128Gb SanDisk Ultra cards in this thing for an uncompressed library that is used with JRiver and iTunes as well.
However, the unit has never managed play continuously without ending up skipping like a CD and freezing.

Oh, well, you get what you pay for. Lesson learned.

If you are having problems with the FW please use the Batch Tool on the first page to reload the FW. I test many units and with good cards and correctly working FW there is no skipping or freezing. May I ask what is the serial number of your DX80?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 9, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #1,328 of 1,489
Hello Paul
My unit's S/N is: 2220026580760
I have done many factory resets & library rescans, etc.
However, I will try the 'batch tool'. Can you tell me where it is? First page of what? i don't see it in this thread...
Regards

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #1,329 of 1,489
  Hello Paul
My unit's S/N is: 2220026580760
I have done many factory resets & library rescans, etc.
However, I will try the 'batch tool'. Can you tell me where it is? First page of what? i don't see it in this thread...
Regards

Sorry, It is on the first page of the main DX80 thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/786443/ibasso-dx80-impressions-and-reviews-and-discussion-new-fw-1-5-8-link-1st-page

It needs to be used on a Windows based computer. The instructions for its use are in the download.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #1,331 of 1,489
  Hi Paul, I've been only playing my 16/44 lossless files which is why it's baffling that it still heats up quite considerably and battery life still is not that good.

We haven't had a unit do this before. Have you tried a factory reset? And if still the same can you try the Batch Tool I linked above?

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #1,333 of 1,489

We haven't had a unit do this before. Have you tried a factory reset? And if still the same can you try the Batch Tool I linked above?

Hi Paul, I have tried this and I'm still getting around 5 hours of playing time. Unit still heating up especially when used as a USB DAC. This is a replacement unit so I do not know why the battery is already like this.

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #1,334 of 1,489
  Hi Paul, I have tried this and I'm still getting around 5 hours of playing time. Unit still heating up especially when used as a USB DAC. This is a replacement unit so I do not know why the battery is already like this.

With the USB DAC more power is used so play time will be less. Please email me with your serial number. I do not understand why you are getting the heat with regular files and when playing as a dap why you are not getting around 10 to 11 hours. Do you use headphones or IEMs?

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #1,335 of 1,489

With the USB DAC more power is used so play time will be less. Please email me with your serial number. I do not understand why you are getting the heat with regular files and when playing as a dap why you are not getting around 10 to 11 hours. Do you use headphones or IEMs?

Actually, play time is considerably longer while using it as a USB DAC despite the unusual heat output which is weird. The 5-hour playback time is only observed when I'm playing music straight from the DAP and I don't even turn the screen on most of the time. I also noticed that if I just leave the DX80 on standby, with the music on pause and display is off the same issues are still observed(device gets a bit warm, battery drain just slightly slower than when music is playing but still won't reach the optimal battery life)
I have only been using IEMs.
S/N of my unit is 2905027680936

Users who are viewing this thread

Back