iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Nov 3, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #1,291 of 1,489
Im not sure if this belongs in this or the other thread but i just recieved my replacement DX80 (first one the spdif jack lost connection) and i charge it up and even being off it loses like 10% battery a night. I know I've seen other people have problems like this before. Is it a FW issue or a bad battery? Thanks for the advice.

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,293 of 1,489
Im not sure if this belongs in this or the other thread but i just recieved my replacement DX80 (first one the spdif jack lost connection) and i charge it up and even being off it loses like 10% battery a night. I know I've seen other people have problems like this before. Is it a FW issue or a bad battery? Thanks for the advice.

Please charge it a few times after use and if this still happens email me at paul@ibasso.com.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 7, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #1,294 of 1,489

Please charge it a few times after use and if this still happens email me at paul@ibasso.com.

I suspect its something in software/firmware.  I've found if I charge with a 2.1A charger, if I wait a while I can then charge again.  Its almost like the device thinks its fully charged but its only about 89% charged.  And if I top off that charge to 100% then it stays 100% even after two days.  I've since switch to a 1.0A charger just for DX80.

Same with when the device is low on battery.  I find that after running out of battery, after couple hours I turn it back on and it will show about 18% battery left and I get another hour or so out of it.

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #1,295 of 1,489
  I suspect its something in software/firmware.  I've found if I charge with a 2.1A charger, if I wait a while I can then charge again.  Its almost like the device thinks its fully charged but its only about 89% charged.  And if I top off that charge to 100% then it stays 100% even after two days.  I've since switch to a 1.0A charger just for DX80.

Same with when the device is low on battery.  I find that after running out of battery, after couple hours I turn it back on and it will show about 18% battery left and I get another hour or so out of it.

I know that it trickle charges. Maybe do a factory reset and see what happens.

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #1,296 of 1,489
I found bugs that make your track playing from anywhere but 0.00 happened every time I using my dx80 {fw 1.5.8 L1} maybe it memorized when the last time I paused the player (in the middle of track of course)
anyway should I use it or recharge it after leaving for about 12 hours (it's battery rises from 5% or less to 50% while leaved off)

Nov 9, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #1,297 of 1,489
  I found bugs that make your track playing from anywhere but 0.00 happened every time I using my dx80 {fw 1.5.8 L1} maybe it memorized when the last time I paused the player (in the middle of track of course)
anyway should I use it or recharge it after leaving for about 12 hours (it's battery rises from 5% or less to 50% while leaved off)

When you are done using the DX80 you can recharge it. This is best for the battery life.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 10, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #1,298 of 1,489
After some tests I can see that my battery issue is probably due to some battery management hardware.  Looks like when I charge it fully to 100% it's not really at 100%.  It's always around 94%.  If I have the device on while charging then it allows me to charge to 100%.  But atleast now I know its not a battery drain.

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #1,299 of 1,489

Hi!

Having received my new DX80 I'm having some problems with scanning. Post #1052 (quoted below) of last June describes them quite well. 

When using two 200gb cards (Sandisk, exFat-formatted) only the first one is being scanned properly. The card in the second slot starts scanning but interrupts. The effect: Card 1 lists and plays all tracks. The content of card 2 is being listed. But when selecting a track the scan mode starts. Obviously for this (album-) folder. Some tracks start playing, most don't. 

This effect (bug?) occurs with both cards and/or both slots. Card A works properly when being scanned first, no matter if in slot 1 or 2. Card B then won't. Starting the process alternatively with Card B (again no matter if in slot 1 or 2) all tracks there will be listed without any problems. But then Card A won't work. Thus there shouldn't be a problem with any unwanted file-types. Otherwise the scan should interrupt already with the first scan - which goes through.

I bought the device for capacity reasons - and would be quite disappointed when only 1 slot with 1 card works properly.

My DX80 was delivered with the latest firmware (1.5.8) being installed.

I read through all sites since mentioned post #1052 but can't find any hint. Is there a solution for my problem...?!

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Quote:
  it is not,
I have tested it, reformatted it, recopied the files.
let me reformulate the issue as clear as possible :
before each attempt, here is the status of the cards
CARD A : Sandisk 128Gb class 10 with 13422 mp3/flac/  including very few m4a/wma/ogg... every tracks tags have been checked and filled up. 
card is ExFat, every unwanted filetypes have been removed (*.db, *.mpc, *.flv, *.mp4 etc) and .audio folder has been removed.
.jpg and .png files are present in folders.
card has been scanned in a card reader to avoid errors and safely ejected from computer.
CARD B : Sandisk 128Gb class 10 with 9585 mp3/flac/m4a/wma... every tracks tags have been checked and filled up. 
card is ExFat, every unwanted filetypes have been removed (*.db, *.mpc, *.flv, *.mp4 etc) and .audio folder has been removed.
.jpg and .png files are present in folders.
card has been scanned in a card reader to avoid errors and safely ejected from computer.

I used batch tool with firmware 1.3.3 and 1.4.2, in both case, it resulted in a impossible full scan of the second card scanned,
with the difference that with FW 1.3.3 ogg files were properly recognized so I managed to have a first card scanned with no (Null) artist.

right after a fresh reset, I insert card in the stated mentionned above ;
if I scan card A first, in slot 1, leaving slot 2 empty,I manage to have 13422 songs recognized
same if I scan card A in slot 2, leaving slot 1 empty.
same result if I insert card A & B but choose to scan only slot in which is card A.

then whenever I try to scan the slot in which card B is inserted, the scan never finishes and I hear a clicking noise as if the device just turned off, but the screen is actually on and back on home page.

now the same is valid the other way around, means if I scan card B first, the scan finishes properly with 9585 track added, but I'm unable to scan card A afterwise.

the only option left to me is format the cards into FAT32... but I'm tired of copying files and scanning now.

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #1,303 of 1,489
Hi!

it is not really the size of the artworks that is an issue, but mostly the size of the total of the artworks which adds up who breaks the DB.
I have done many test and DX80 could read 2mb embedded artworks or even 2000*2000 artworks without any issue.
of course a few files sometimes are causing errors.

the thing is, when you are dealing with a database of more than 20000 files, even if the artworks are 500x500 you can get errors, because 500x500 can be 40ko or 1mb.

niendorfer, you can use mp3tag and load your collection, then ctrl +A and in the cover field you can mass remove all the cover.
DX80 will still display artworks if you have let a folder.jpg in each album folder ; this solved the issue for me.

hope this helps,
Younes.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #1,304 of 1,489
OKAY....!
The last 10 days I spent with combing through ca. 48.000 audio files of my collection.
You experts here were right: embedded album covers made the scan process crash. In fact what Yoones stated: the pure amount seems to be of more importance here than size/quality of certain files.
First I tried to find and eliminate too big data with MP3tag. But the scan process stopped again. So I had to bite the bullet and erase all embedded covers. Which I had collected and neatly put to each single album over the last 12 years. My iPod classic never had problems here...
One little correction @Yoones: Ctrl+A and selecting all files does NOT allow editing cover-data. Batch-editing only works with cover-embedded files. To find them my solution was activating the "cover" column in MP3tag. Contained data leads to a value, mostly "1" (for 1 album cover). Now I could sort my collection towards this item and select/edit/erase all Non-"0" files. Having finished that I looked after new cover pictures to include (not embed) in the album folders.
And in the end: Tadaaa...!
Scanning came ton an end. All files on both SD cards are being listed and can be played. Cover data shows up in the main (Play-) window. For the first time I could (completely) use the DX80 and am quite content. Really great sound, good interface, high quality in manufacturing. 
To my opinion the scan-problem should be pointed at quite more explicit: not only in forums like this but as well in official FAQ or similar. The size-thing AND critical amount of embedded items. Going my first steps with the DX80 I had no idea what could cause such problems  - and assumed damages towards the device and/or the SD cards. So big big Thanks to all you knowing guys here.
And now: LET THE MUSIC PLAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back