iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Sep 12, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #1,261 of 1,489
Regarding my previously described issue trying to get album cover art to display, I finally managed to get it to work. My workflow is as follows:
1) Load all the tracks into MP3tag, select them all and use the contextual menu that pops up over the album art to remove the overly large embedded album art.
2) With all the tracks still selected, click Save.
3) Use the pop-up menu in the album art area to load the smaller album art file (all tracks still selected).
4) Again, with all tracks selected, click Save.
It goes without saying that it's best to do this on COPIES of your music files so that if they become corrupted, you still have the originals.
So, this is going to be something that needs to be done with some music downloaded from HDTracks.com. Some of their commercial downloads have embedded album art that is nearly 1500 x 1500 pixels, which obviously won't display properly on the DX80.

By the way: I never was able to get album art loaded as a separate file in the album folder to display at all, no matter what I tried to name it. Not sure why that won't work for me!

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #1,263 of 1,489
Unfixed:

When starting a song from an album in the "Album" tab, the playlist is properly populated in album order, as before. Fine. But, after powering down, when you power back up, the playlist repopulates in alpha order. Not fine. This means, of course, that if you are listening to an album in this manner, and you need to take a break from listening, your songs will be all out of order when you come back and power back up. 

Please fix this.

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #1,264 of 1,489
  Unfixed:

When starting a song from an album in the "Album" tab, the playlist is properly populated in album order, as before. Fine. But, after powering down, when you power back up, the playlist repopulates in alpha order. Not fine. This means, of course, that if you are listening to an album in this manner, and you need to take a break from listening, your songs will be all out of order when you come back and power back up. 

Please fix this.

Yes, that problem in the latest firmware has been encountered by a number of us on this forum. Hoping for a fix in the next version.

@Paul - iBasso ?

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #1,265 of 1,489
That's what I did too. To display cover using album folder, just save a jpg file in the desired folder. I call it cover.jpg

This is extremely weird! I don't know why I can't get a separate jpg cover image in the album's folder to display album art on the DX80, but at least it works for me when I re-embed lower resolution art in the FLAC file via mp3tag!  
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #1,269 of 1,489
Hello, Im a new dx 80 7ser and just got mine 2 days ago. Im experiencing excessive background noise with my 12 ohm audio technica ath e40. This issue gets even more prominent when in dac mode. Should I get a replacement?

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #1,270 of 1,489
Low impedance high sensitivity iem or headphones suffer from bg noise and hiss. I experience the same with my re600-s. Simply because dx80 amps are too powerful for such easily drivable gears. I suggest not to replace it.search dx80 3ds, you will find questions and answers about hiss.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #1,271 of 1,489
iBasso DX80 (latest FW) at 98%, I leave home, put DX80 in my pocket (screen off) listening to The Weeknd's last alum (AAC 320) on my Angie's (vol 102 low gain). An hour later I come home with 78%. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #1,273 of 1,489
  Are you listening to music continually the whole time? Do you turn the screen on and off at all?

Yes. Screen off

////////////////

Yesterday a charged it to 100% and made a test with screen off, 1.5.8 FW, AAC 320, continous play, 102 vol low gain with JH Angie:  8h.

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,275 of 1,489

Yes. Screen off

////////////////

Yesterday a charged it to 100% and made a test with screen off, 1.5.8 FW, AAC 320, continous play, 102 vol low gain with JH Angie:  8h.

You should be getting around 11 hours. We will cover you if the battery needs replacement. How long have you had the DX80 and how many hours did you get after the first few charges? I don't know the current draw of the Angie but it shouldn't be too bad.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back