iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Sep 8, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #1,246 of 1,489
Ive had this issue a couple of times.What always solves it for me is to reload the FW using the special Program linked on page 1
of this thread :)

whoops, wrong thread!
Here:

Batch Tool to use if you are having any difficulty with the FW update. It wipes the internal memory and installs a clean FW update but there are a few more steps but it is great if something gets messed up: http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20151210/201512100333294318.rar
You can download a .rar app for free to unzip the .rar. There are instruction with the download on how to install on a Microsoft OS computer. It can also be used on the DX50 and DX90 to load FW's.

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #1,247 of 1,489
Ive had this issue a couple of times.What always solves it for me is to reload the FW using the special Program linked on page 1
of this thread :)

whoops, wrong thread!
Here:

Batch Tool to use if you are having any difficulty with the FW update. It wipes the internal memory and installs a clean FW update but there are a few more steps but it is great if something gets messed up: http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20151210/201512100333294318.rar
You can download a .rar app for free to unzip the .rar. There are instruction with the download on how to install on a Microsoft OS computer. It can also be used on the DX50 and DX90 to load FW's.

Issue solved! Thanks for the info. Looks like the Batch Tool details were in a different thread. I'm really enjoying this player much more now.

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #1,248 of 1,489
Hi everyone,
just an update to confirm that since I have deleted all embedded artworks and used the folder.jpg
with 1.5.8 everything is now working fine, database is complete, no crashes so far after 2 week of use.

hope y'all other managed to have your DX80 working as well.
I would have still expected more care when developing the firmware, but hey it does the job now so thank you iBasso. :)

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #1,249 of 1,489
I had to return my DX80 because of the faulty battery issue and was sent another one by the dealer, but I'm wondering if this one is a lemon as well. Every time I turn on the equaliser I end up getting loud pops, clicks, buzzes, and hisses. It doesn't happen when I don't have the EQ on. I tried updating and rolling back the firmware with no change, has anyone had a similar issue? Should I just give up and send it back again?

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #1,250 of 1,489
  I had to return my DX80 because of the faulty battery issue and was sent another one by the dealer, but I'm wondering if this one is a lemon as well. Every time I turn on the equaliser I end up getting loud pops, clicks, buzzes, and hisses. It doesn't happen when I don't have the EQ on. I tried updating and rolling back the firmware with no change, has anyone had a similar issue? Should I just give up and send it back again?

Please try this:

Batch Tool to use if you are having any difficulty with the FW update. It wipes the internal memory and installs a clean FW update but there are a few more steps but it is great if something gets messed up:http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20151210/201512100333294318.rar

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #1,251 of 1,489
Hi everyone,
just an update to confirm that since I have deleted all embedded artworks and used the folder.jpg
with 1.5.8 everything is now working fine, database is complete, no crashes so far after 2 week of use.

hope y'all other managed to have your DX80 working as well.
I would have still expected more care when developing the firmware, but hey it does the job now so thank you iBasso.
smily_headphones1.gif

Can you explain what you mean by "using the folder.jpg?" Do you mean having the cover image as a separate file in the same folder as the album tracks? Does the DX80 know what to do with that jpg? And does the jpg have to have a specific name?

Thanks!!

Sep 12, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #1,255 of 1,489
After updated to firmware 1.58, I can hear a low frequency 'tump' kind of air rush when switching tracks or pause during playback. Does anyone experience this?

Sep 12, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,258 of 1,489

I will look into this. I am not sure why the software would cause this as it is not hardware related.

We have not had any reports of this from the 1000s of DX80s we have sold. All I can suggest is that you return it to your dealer and check another one. The EQ is software and the CPU is involved but only in processing and since the CPU is working for everything else I don't know what the problem is.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 12, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #1,259 of 1,489
to paul@Ibasso, my dx80 (bought in january 2016) is not holding the charge anymore, in not 5 minutes it lost 20%, no headphone plug, nothing playing. I use it everyday, charge it every night, i am very disappointed, my fiios are older of 1 year of use and the batteries are still kicking strong.
Any advice on the matter ?
Thanks.

Sep 12, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #1,260 of 1,489
  to paul@Ibasso, my dx80 (bought in january 2016) is not holding the charge anymore, in not 5 minutes it lost 20%, no headphone plug, nothing playing. I use it everyday, charge it every night, i am very disappointed, my fiios are older of 1 year of use and the batteries are still kicking strong.
Any advice on the matter ?
Thanks.

Please email me at paul@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back