iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 28, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #361 of 1,489
Imho a good way of implementing the button lock feature would be to add the settings point like "screen locked operation" -> "yes"/"no"/"volume only", so the buttons lock feature could be automatically enabled upon locking the screen if it is set to "no" in the settings. "Volume only" would be nice for those who want the << >> buttons to be locked but still want to be able to change the volume when the screen is locked.

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #362 of 1,489
The screen freeze and goes into randomly song did happen to me, can't press any button virtually or hardware button but can back to normal sooner, also bug that make dx80 hiccups for 1-2 sec still happen but not much as fw 1.1.4

I got some bugs while using external amplifier and changing the L/R balance make my dx80 goes silent but not paused, can only back to normal in next song

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #363 of 1,489
any software expert around here???

i like to find out whether when we revert back to older firmware version will there be residue codes be left over from the previous newer version firmware.

it seems that after i revert back to 1.14 from 1.20 i face crackling sound within playing a song and also when the song end and switching to the next song....

previously i do not face such a problem before i flash to 1.20. only now it occurs after i update to 1.20 and back to 1.14

my unit was 1.0 when i purchased it and i flash to 1.14 skipping 1.12

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #364 of 1,489
So now I am back on 1.14 and 1.2 was a dogs dinner. Now 1.14 is not scanning all the songs, albums etc..... I am getting very frustrated. Every time I go to listen to a song, something has gone wrong.

I am using a 128gb Sandisk micro SD card. There is nothing wrong with this card before anyone asks.

The 128gb card is 65% full. I am not using slot 2.

According to the specs, this is meant to take up to 2TB cards in each slot when the cards become available. At the moment 200gb Sandisk cards are around so in theory I could have 400gb of music on board.

So how difficult can it be to make a UI and functionality that allows the DAP to scan all your music correctly ready for playback?

I might as well use my iPhone 6S Plus or Huawei G8 as both can handle equally large music collections with no fuss whatsoever.

To convert people to using DAPs over their smartphones, these DAPs really need to shine in sound quality and user experience.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #366 of 1,489
Hi Paul

i am wondering if it is possible to revert back to FW1.0

it would be nice if the 1.0 can be download from the website

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #367 of 1,489
already did that after a flash.... n i just try reset + reflash to 1.14 again... will monitor and see how.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #368 of 1,489
  Imho a good way of implementing the button lock feature would be to add the settings point like "screen locked operation" -> "yes"/"no"/"volume only", so the buttons lock feature could be automatically enabled upon locking the screen if it is set to "no" in the settings. "Volume only" would be nice for those who want the << >> buttons to be locked but still want to be able to change the volume when the screen is locked.

YESSSS!!! Plz Ibasso-Paul, take this in consideration. Excellent idea!

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #369 of 1,489
Hi Paul/All,

I've finally been able to get playlists working and importing to my DX80.  With this, it has become my go to DAP and I'm very happy with it.  Just one question.  Is it supposed to take up to 10 minutes to import each individual playlist?  I know it's a bit nitpicky, but when a firmware update occurs, it takes me up to 3 hours to get all my playlists back in working order.  What's your experience with playlist import duration?

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #370 of 1,489
I received a DX80 for Christmas and it sounds very good and was happy with it... well, until I took it to work this morning and got a nice clear reception of a radio station.... not sure if it's my building Wifi, or just because I'm in town and close to a broadcasting antenna... no idea, but I didn't experience this issue with any other electronic device I've brought to work... oh well, this gets returned and I'll try something else.

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #371 of 1,489
The tiniest bug / niggle in the world:  :)

System info:

SD1: 1.32G left/119G

In UK anyway it 'should' be in this order

SD1: 119 g / left on card: 1.32G

The size of the card first followed by how much space is left.
It makes no sense the way round it is currently...unless youre from a different culture in which case it may make perfect sense ?!? 

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #372 of 1,489
Paul, there are a number of complaints about the degradation of sound quality in FW 1.2. Can you confirm there are some tweaking of sound being implemented? If so, can you let your team know that most of us prefer the sound in 1.14 and would like them to be restored in future FW?

There was no tweaking of the sound intentionally. I have already informed the SW team about this as well as other bugs.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 28, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #373 of 1,489
> if a track is playing and I look for another song in the textual album list it belongs to. I can't come back to the song without restarting it from the begining

Aha - so you can swipe back to playing screen. Cool :)

I didn't know you could do that, turns out you can but the device is very finicky about how you swipe it (deviate from the perpendicular by more than a couple of degrees and nothing happens). This feature is definitely useful but should be improved (none of the other swipe functions require such high precision to activate).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back