iBasso DX50
Sep 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #62 of 71
I think the reports of the DX50 being bright is due to a lot of people coming from sources/amps with a warmer sound - inflated bass and treble roll-off. Fiio & Cowon, I'm looking at you!

(This is pure guesswork based on my experience with my DX100, compared to the Fiios and Cowons I've had. I might be completely wrong as my DX50 hasn't even been shipped yet.)

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #63 of 71
I think the reports of the DX50 being bright is due to a lot of people coming from sources/amps with a warmer sound - inflated bass and treble roll-off. Fiio & Cowon, I'm looking at you!

(This is pure guesswork based on my experience with my DX100, compared to the Fiios and Cowons I've had. I might be completely wrong as my DX50 hasn't even been shipped yet.)

I think you are on to something there.  I'm coming from a Rockbox Sansa Clip+ and the DX50 is not bright at all.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #65 of 71
  This is much bigger than you guys think. You have no idea who you are dealing with, so for your own sake, let it go. People very high up are involved.

Huh?  I'm sorry but I don't understand.  Did I say something offensive or implied something there?  I'm not really sure what you mean by "no idea who you are dealing with" and "people very high up" is related to something I said.  I was only trying to say that Sorensiim is "on to something" meant that the sound of the DX50 is relative depending on what source you were/are used to.

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #68 of 71

I have the same idea, yes. Don't know about Cowons (I have a D2+ myself, but not much to compare it to yet), but the op amp in the X3 is considered quite warm. And a lot of other reviewers called the DX50's signature neutral.
I was just a little bit about the synergy with my GMP 8.35, for they have a little sibilance to them.

This is much bigger than you guys think. You have no idea who you are dealing with, so for your own sake, let it go. People very high up are involved.

Tehehe.

Huh?  I'm sorry but I don't understand.  Did I say something offensive or implied something there?  I'm not really sure what you mean by "no idea who you are dealing with" and "people very high up" is related to something I said.  I was only trying to say that Sorensiim is "on to something" meant that the sound of the DX50 is relative depending on what source you were/are used to.

Relax. It's just that your "I think that you're onto something" sounds like a line from a conspiracy movie. Mimouille just gave you more lines. I think it was funny.

Sep 12, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #70 of 71

He's just joking about how difficult it is to be of a different opinion here and adding a reply to yours that, together, sounds like a conversation in a conspiracy thriller movie/novel.

Sep 12, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #71 of 71
As suggested by GG (and by Mimoulle) I agree with them that it makes sense to migate DX50 chat (now that it's rolling off the production pipeline) to the DX50 Appreciation thread :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/ibasso-dx50-appreciation-thread-2nd-batch-shipped

I'm therefore closing this thread. If anyone has any concerns about this please feel free to PM me and the other mods? Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back