IBasso DX50 vs Fiio X3 comparison thread
Jan 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #213 of 297
  Does anyone knows which of these 2 players would pair better with a futuresonics atrios M5 (with mg7 drivers) ?

thanks

I would assume the DX50 would be a better match from what I hear, M5's are pretty warm so I would not want to pair them with another warm sounding player.

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #216 of 297
will do..thanks buddy..

but then again, till the point where major bugs are sorted out for the DAPs.. the next one in the pipeline might be in sight already..

just curious, any form factor of the DX90 out yet as of now ?

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #217 of 297
will do..thanks buddy..

but then again, till the point where major bugs are sorted out for the DAPs.. the next one in the pipeline might be in sight already..

If you mean shape and size, the DX90 is soppose to have the same chassis of the DX50 with physical button like the DX50. Other than that, no one really knows.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #220 of 297
  will do..thanks buddy..

Exactly the same as the DX50. So a lot in the same case, two dacs, new amp section, new CPU that is dual core, well all new internals. Run time around 10 or 11 hours. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #221 of 297
Hello Fellow Headphone Audiophiles.

I will be publishing a blog post of the real-world review of the iBasso DX50 and the Fiio X3.  I will also post a preview of the Fiio X5 and conduct a comparative audio review of the Fiio X3 and the iBasso DX50 digital audio players since these two are contending to be the next best thing in the Reference Class level of Audiophile devices.  The one advantage I can see the Fiio X3 having over the iBasso DX50 is the ability to be treated as a dedicated Asynchronous USB audio transfer DAC while the iBasso can't at this time.  Both implement the Wolfson Microelectronics WM8740 DAC but the analog output stage is different between the two Chinese made DAP. 

A careful review of the two should prove to be a worthwhile read should anybody want to follow my writing style.

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #223 of 297
  Hello Fellow Headphone Audiophiles.

I will be publishing a blog post of the real-world review of the iBasso DX50 and the Fiio X3.  I will also post a preview of the Fiio X5 and conduct a comparative audio review of the Fiio X3 and the iBasso DX50 digital audio players since these two are contending to be the next best thing in the Reference Class level of Audiophile devices.  The one advantage I can see the Fiio X3 having over the iBasso DX50 is the ability to be treated as a dedicated Asynchronous USB audio transfer DAC while the iBasso can't at this time.  Both implement the Wolfson Microelectronics WM8740 DAC but the analog output stage is different between the two Chinese made DAP. 

A careful review of the two should prove to be a worthwhile read should anybody want to follow my writing style.

I am waiting for your review for about 2 months.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #224 of 297
Hi guys, Can anyone compare Q701 with dx50 and x3?I need to know which one pairs well with my Q's.thanks!

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #225 of 297
Hi guys, Can anyone compare Q701 with dx50 and x3?I need to know which one pairs well with my Q's.thanks!

I think the x3 will have the advantage of slightly more power, and I imagine the x3 will synergize better with its warm signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back