iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery
Jan 18, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #62 of 177
  How do I install the wallpaper, i tried but i can't get it work..

Thanks

First of all, you'll need to be running the latest firmware, which I believe you probably are: v1.2.7.

Then, after you have that firmware running, you can use an image that you have that has the dimensions of 320x240 as your wallpaper. To set it as your wallpaper on the player, all you need to do is place the image in the root directory of the DX50 (The player itself, not your Micro SD card), and rename it to "wallpaper.png".

In saying so, the format of your image must be in .png. You can alter this on Photoshop, but I am not aware of any other way to change from .jpg to .png as I'm not all that skilled with picture formats, etc.

Hope that helps:)

PS: Any image that have been posted in this thread are already in the .png format, so all you need to do is save it and use it.

Jan 18, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #63 of 177
Thanks Mate!!

beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #65 of 177
The paint app in windows 7 or 8 can be used to resize and save the pictures in png format.
You just need to do a save as and choose the file format.

+1

It totally slipped my mind that MS Paint is capable of these simple tasks. Thanks for that addition. :)

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #66 of 177
Microsoft Office Picture Manager can be used to resize, crop, reformat to png, etc, etc as well.  I would think iBasso could expand on this wallpaper feature to set up a folder in which we could place png images and then allow us to pick which is currently active.

I have not sent that in as a request - has anyone else yet?  Think it's a good idea?

Cheers,
Tim.

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #67 of 177
  Microsoft Office Picture Manager can be used to resize, crop, reformat to png, etc, etc as well.  I would think iBasso could expand on this wallpaper feature to set up a folder in which we could place png images and then allow us to pick which is currently active.

I have not sent that in as a request - has anyone else yet?  Think it's a good idea?

Cheers,
Tim.

How about having the player cycling through the wallpapers at a rate settable in the config menu? lol you can get quite fancy with that.
wink_face.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #70 of 177
I have tried to set the wallpaper on the dx50 and it won't work. I have followed the directions on this thread but must be overlooking something. Any advice or more detailed instructions would be appreciated. Thanks

Hmm, are you on the latest firmware of v1.2.7?

Is the file format if the image .PNG?
Is the image dimensions: 320 width by 240 height?
Did you rename it to "wallpaper.PNG"?
Did you put it in the ROOT directory of the DX50?

Let me know if you've done all of that:)
Hope its not the player and that you might have just overseen a step. Last thing you want is a faulted player.

Jan 21, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #72 of 177
Of my 60 or so albums ripped to FLAC using MAX exactly the same way I still have 3 where the album art does not show up yet when i check them on mp3tag or mediamonkey they show fine.... any ideas what's missing or how I can manually add album art to work?

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #73 of 177
I have found that if the album art has too high resolution it will not show. I had 2 albums with 1400x1400 album art. Rescaled it to 700x700 and then it showed fine

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #74 of 177
  First of all, you'll need to be running the latest firmware, which I believe you probably are: v1.2.7.

Then, after you have that firmware running, you can use an image that you have that has the dimensions of 320x240 as your wallpaper. To set it as your wallpaper on the player, all you need to do is place the image in the root directory of the DX50 (The player itself, not your Micro SD card), and rename it to "wallpaper.png".

In saying so, the format of your image must be in .png. You can alter this on Photoshop, but I am not aware of any other way to change from .jpg to .png as I'm not all that skilled with picture formats, etc.

Hope that helps:)

PS: Any image that have been posted in this thread are already in the .png format, so all you need to do is save it and use it.

Thanks didn't knew i had to rename it didn't say so in the manual.

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #75 of 177
It certainly does say so in the text file that comes with the release.

Changes.
1, rectify the gapless function;
2, an improved EQ function;
3, user replaceable wallpaper. Wallpaper can be replaced by adding a 320*240 pixel wallpaper.png into the DX50's root folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back