iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 4, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #14,177 of 14,617
On the image file, from windows, right-click on the file and click properties. Down at the bottom of the window that comes up uncheck "Read-only".
Thanks! I’ll try that when I get home.

Feb 4, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #14,178 of 14,617
Hi all, it seems that a number of issues were reported with the latest update. Is the consensus that these have all been resolved with 2.01, or are there still outstanding issues? Should I upgrade, or wait?

thanks
Nick
well the battery drain issue sure got fixed. only 1% drop for the digital within 8 hours in stand-by

Feb 4, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #14,179 of 14,617
And I'm wanting to confirm, when it does look good, that Android 9 users can go straight to 2.01 and bypass 2.0 (still includes Android 11).
The filesizes are the same, so my *assumption* is that you don't need to go via 2.0 - but as you say, would be good to get confirmation.

Also, the text file for 2.01 does not say you need 2.0

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #14,180 of 14,617
And I'm wanting to confirm, when it does look good, that Android 9 users can go straight to 2.01 and bypass 2.0 (still includes Android 11).
The filesizes are the same, so my *assumption* is that you don't need to go via 2.0 - but as you say, would be good to get confirmation.

Also, the text file for 2.01 does not say you need 2.0
That is good to hear. When I DO update, I didn't want to even put that "poison" file on my beloved DX, if I didn't have to... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 5, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #14,181 of 14,617
v2.01 installed. Battery issue is fixed. Thanks Ibasso for prompt fix.

I notice a slight change or potential improvement. The screen becomes slightly over sensitive. e.g I swiped through the mango player in the song list. sometime it would treat as touch/select then it will play the song. Anyone notice this issue?

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #14,183 of 14,617
Tried putting the 2.01 zip file on both the root of the 300 and on sd card. Every time I get a failed to update. Any thoughts? Thanks
Did you unzip it once? There is a zip file inside the downloaded zip file. The unzipped file should have a zipped file, and a readme file... You would put THAT file on the root of internal memory, or micro SD card.

If you have made sure this is correct, try redownloading the file, It is not a small file, and can get corrupted when downloading (it has happened to me a couple times before).

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #14,184 of 14,617
Tried putting the 2.01 zip file on both the root of the 300 and on sd card. Every time I get a failed to update. Any thoughts? Thanks
While this one is an older FW update it should look just like this (just named differently).

This is the file you downloaded:
OGFile.PNG
And this is what it looks like unzipped. You will want this zip file on the root of your device or microSD card:
UnzippedFile.PNG

Apologies if you already know this, and have done this... Most people having your issue are a bit confused by iBasso's directions on how to do this. :) Let us know if that worked for you?

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #14,185 of 14,617
I can confirm the battery drain issue is fixed. It consumed 1% over night so it is good.

IBasso, can I ask for a feature allowing the device to shut down automatically after inactive for a certain time? It can save battery when fall into sleep while listening to it.

Feb 6, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #14,186 of 14,617
I got a couple of messages that with the latest update for the DX300 that some 3rd party apps weren't working. We tested before the release and all apps were working. We just tested again and they all work. All I can suggest is if they don't do a factory reset and then reinstall the apps.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 6, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #14,187 of 14,617
Feb 6, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #14,188 of 14,617
Apologies if you already know this but with the upgrade file in your root folder/SD Card, open the updater then press the three-dots in the upper-right corner of the screen and choose "Local Update". That should give you the option of internal storage and the name of your SD Card. Pick either choice, then you should see the name of the update file (i.e. "DX300_full_ota_2.01.109.zip"). Select that and you should see the option to install the update on the next screen. If you followed the instructions above from @samandhi and use the zip file that's inside the firmware package, it should install.

I hope this helps. Apologies again if I am :deadhorse:
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

P.S. - If the update was successful then you can use the Android file manager and delete the update file from the DAP.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #14,190 of 14,617
I got a couple of messages that with the latest update for the DX300 that some 3rd party apps weren't working. We tested before the release and all apps were working. We just tested again and they all work. All I can suggest is if they don't do a factory reset and then reinstall the apps.
The sequence in which is tested probably matters. If you use a 3rd party app right after the first boot the app wont play. If you first play somthing on the mango player or youtube or something and than use the 3rd party app than they work and keep working til lthe next reboot. It looks like there somthing wrong with initialising the android audio device after boot and 3rd pary apps cant determine the best sampling rate or something (untill a video is played)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back