iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 22, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #14,132 of 14,617
After the update my DX300 froze after a few hours on idle. The screen didn't react anymore. I had to force a reboot. Let's see if this bug comes back...
I had the same problem. It kept freezing. The screen would ignore any touch actions. It would only respond to the physical buttons. Super annoying. I could not tolerate this freezing problem and the battery drain issue on Android 11. So I downgraded to Android 9 and things seem to be working now. But the downgrade procedure did a factory reset and I lost all my playlists again. And I had to reinstall my apps.

As I've said before, releasing a new major firmware would come with potential bugs. I imagine these issues are difficult to spot during QA testing. And it's probably not a good idea to release a major update right before the national holidays.

Jan 22, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #14,133 of 14,617
As I've said before, releasing a new major firmware would come with potential bugs. I imagine these issues are difficult to spot during QA testing. And it's probably not a good idea to release a major update right before the national holidays.
Glad you got everything (mostly) back to normal.

This is exactly what I was saying also. It is also why I have yet to update. Don't get me wrong, they WILL get the issues ironed out I have no doubt, but I knew (at least) the first rev would have some pretty big issues. I am just glad that they are still paying attention to the DX300. I am also glad that they added the driver for Amp14 to the android 9 FW. Otherwise, it would be a frustrating experience at best I would think.

Jan 23, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #14,135 of 14,617
Putting the android 11 issues aside, do any of the other amps have an impact on the digital battery life? (I'll assume they are powered by the analog one)
You are correct. They are indeed powered by the analog battery. With that said, the two Nutube amp cards have a much larger impact on the analog battery than the two others. Enough so that you will actually deplete the analog battery quite a bit faster than you would the digital side (about 8 or so hours).

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #14,136 of 14,617
Guys, the battery drain on standby is beyond absurd!
The device has been sitting on idle, on airplane mode, without bluetooth, wifi or anything plugged in the amp.

The results are shocking:

16:00 -> 100% A, 58% D
00:17 -> 54% A, 13% D

Not only that, but the player is quite warm for no apparent reason, since it's been on standby for all this time.
What's strange is that previously, the analog battery would never drain (max I saw was about 2%), now it's another story.
The only logical explanation I can give is that some kind of background process is happening which is totally crippling both batteries...

Let's hope iBasso can find the cultprit and fix this, it's pretty annoying to say the least.

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #14,137 of 14,617
The device has been sitting on idle, on airplane mode, without bluetooth, wifi or anything plugged in the amp.

Not only that, but the player is quite warm for no apparent reason, since it's been on standby for all this time.
What's strange is that previously, the analog battery would never drain (max I saw was about 2%), now it's another story.
The only logical explanation I can give is that some kind of background process is happening which is totally crippling both batteries...

Let's hope iBasso can find the cultprit and fix this, it's pretty annoying to say the least.
For some it works as intended and for others not. I would revert then .

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #14,138 of 14,617

Do the same length of test again but this time reboot it right beforehand and don't plug in headphones or play any music. I've been able to 100% reproduce the extra drain as only happening after music has been played after booting. This was my testing:

- From 100% charged on both batteries, play for a few minutes, reboot and leave it sit for 10hrs batteries were 100/89.
- Plugged in headphones, hit play in tidal. Hit stop. Unplugged headphones. Did not reboot. Let sit for 6hrs batteries were 62/50.
- Rebooted and left it sit for 9.5hrs batteries were 56/44.

Jan 23, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #14,139 of 14,617

I just turn off the device completely when not in use. At least until it gets fixed

Jan 23, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #14,140 of 14,617
Do the same length of test again but this time reboot it right beforehand and don't plug in headphones or play any music. I've been able to 100% reproduce the extra drain as only happening after music has been played after booting. This was my testing:

- From 100% charged on both batteries, play for a few minutes, reboot and leave it sit for 10hrs batteries were 100/89.
- Plugged in headphones, hit play in tidal. Hit stop. Unplugged headphones. Did not reboot. Let sit for 6hrs batteries were 62/50.
- Rebooted and left it sit for 9.5hrs batteries were 56/44.
While you are experimenting, maybe try, after using it some, charge it up to 100% and unplug it and let it sit for some hours (no useage). I used to have this problem with my DX160 with Neutron or UAPP (can't remember which). I don't know who was responsible for fixing it because shortly after some of us complained, there was an update for Neutron, and also a FW update.

After this update I noticed that after charging the device (while it is powered on), as soon as you unplug it, it reboots. Maybe this is to kill all processes??? Either way, it works better than it used to (for battery drainage). In this state, I could actually leave it sit in standby for weeks.

This all might not be useful for any long term, but if it works like on the DX160, it might get you through until iBasso fixes the issue (or narrows down the problem).

iBasso will get it sorted. :)

Jan 24, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #14,141 of 14,617
There are more issues then just the battery drain with the new firmware.
When it just booted and i try to play a song in roon it says roon lost control of audio device. Plexamp tries to play but just stops.
Then i play a video like on youtube or plex and stop playback.
Now playback on roon works and also on plexamp and keeps working till the next reboot.
(I believe others also mentioned with some other audio players that playback did not start)
So it looks like the audio device is not proparly initialised when booted.
(and not properly shut down or put in standby when in standby)

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #14,142 of 14,617
Well, what can I say, comrades. As I wrote earlier, after installing the latest version, I got a buggy player that was very hot at the time of charging. I rolled back to version 1.07.390. As a result, my analog battery began to fail. It charges up to 100%, then it can spontaneously reset to 0% while on charge! After disconnecting the charging, it can start to gain the charging percentage by itself! But after connecting headphones and playing music for a short time, it may reset to 0% again, and the amplifier stops working at the same time. I have strong suspicions that the analog battery or controller has died.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #14,144 of 14,617
Hello everybody! Tell me, how can I check the health of an analog battery? How to recalibrate an analog battery?
My analog battery began to discharge in less than an hour, sometimes it can reset to 0% instantly after charging, then, after disconnecting from charging, the percentage of charge can start to grow spontaneously. What could it be?

Jan 29, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #14,145 of 14,617
Hello everybody! Tell me, how can I check the health of an analog battery? How to recalibrate an analog battery?
My analog battery began to discharge in less than an hour, sometimes it can reset to 0% instantly after charging, then, after disconnecting from charging, the percentage of charge can start to grow spontaneously. What could it be?
Maybe the latest firmware is the culprit. If so, I would downgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back