iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 21, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #14,118 of 14,596
Which file are you referring to?
My mistake, I had never unzipped the FW files from iBasso site before. Usually you unzip it one time, then take the next zip and place it on the root of either the internal memory or your micro SD card. I assumed it was an image, but now that I HAVE unzipped it, it is a .bin (binary) file. So, I guess I don't know unless the 660 tool will accept that file as an image.

Jan 21, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #14,119 of 14,596
My mistake, I had never unzipped the FW files from iBasso site before. Usually you unzip it one time, then take the next zip and place it on the root of either the internal memory or your micro SD card. I assumed it was an image, but now that I HAVE unzipped it, it is a .bin (binary) file. So, I guess I don't know unless the 660 tool will accept that file as an image.
There is a complete tutorial how to update/change firmwares using the 660 tool readme, it explains step by step in detail. Just follow the steps, it's very easy.

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #14,121 of 14,596
Before the firmware update to amp 11, I left my DX300 on all the time and battery drain did not happen other than a percent or two on the digital side over time. I charged both to 80% last night and this morning (without listening) they are at 40 and 27%. That is annoying and I know it will get fixed over time.

Now I will need to decide if I want to revert back to 9 or just wait it out until a fix shows up. And I thought I was one of the immune ones that had no battery drain issue. I guess I am mortal! :)

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #14,122 of 14,596
Before the firmware update to amp 11, I left my DX300 on all the time and battery drain did not happen other than a percent or two on the digital side over time. I charged both to 80% last night and this morning (without listening) they are at 40 and 27%. That is annoying and I know it will get fixed over time.

Now I will need to decide if I want to revert back to 9 or just wait it out until a fix shows up. And I thought I was one of the immune ones that had no battery drain issue. I guess I am mortal! :)
I'd like to know how you got both batteries to stop charging at 80 percent! I'm still on Android 9; is it an eleven feature that monitors charging on both batteries?

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #14,123 of 14,596
I'd like to know how you got both batteries to stop charging at 80 percent! I'm still on Android 9; is it an eleven feature that monitors charging on both batteries?
It is an 11 feature and is the only reason I went to 11. But now I am dealing with the battery drain issue :) until it gets fixed.

Jan 21, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #14,124 of 14,596
It is an 11 feature and is the only reason I went to 11. But now I am dealing with the battery drain issue :) until it gets fixed.
Ditto, that's the only reason I would go Android 11, too: that's a great feature. Still on 9 and sorry to hear of the troubles with 11.

Jan 21, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #14,127 of 14,596
I guess? Unclear (only half-reading) whether the 660 tool is required to go backwards on firmware. Never used it.
Yup to go back to older firmware, the 660 tool must be used and can only be done while connecting the dx300 to pc, the tool, instructions how to do it, along with the firmware .img file are needed, and the img firmware file is a separate download and different from the ota firmware files(these are for update via android).

Jan 21, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #14,129 of 14,596
Yup to go back to older firmware, the 660 tool must be used and can only be done while connecting the dx300 to pc, the tool, instructions how to do it, along with the firmware .img file are needed, and the img firmware file is a separate download and different from the ota firmware files(these are for update via android).
Nice, succinct explanation.:thumbsup: Dunno the genesis of the 660 tool or why it's called that, but glad it's available for those that need it.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #14,130 of 14,596
There is a complete tutorial how to update/change firmwares using the 660 tool readme, it explains step by step in detail. Just follow the steps, it's very easy.
For those looking for 660 tool and older android 9 firmware, the files are in the directory above. Look for the title. Cheers
I did see the instructions, and while they are very clear and easy to follow, they didn't link to the image file needed to do this. Thanks for reposting the download site for the actual image (rather than the self installer that you get from the official iBasso site). I must have missed the first post on where to find it.
Ditto, that's the only reason I would go Android 11, too: that's a great feature. Still on 9 and sorry to hear of the troubles with 11.
As for myself, I am not concerned with the charge limiting feature because I will rarely use it while plugged in (this feature is great for my laptop though since I use it mostly plugged in). If I decided to use it as a desktop DAC then this feature would be gold in saving the overall battery life.

I am also not worried about charging past 80% as it actually does NOT damage the battery unless you leave it in storage with the battery charged to 100%. Since I use mine almost everyday I can safely charge it to 100% and it will hurt nothing.
I guess? Unclear (only half-reading) whether the 660 tool is required to go backwards on firmware. Never used it.
The 660 tool is only necessary when going from android 11 to android 9 (a major revision). Once on android 9, any of the older FW versions can be used with the built-in "Updater" tool on the DX300. The same will go with android 11 once they have put out more than one of those (you can go between them with the "Updater" tool).

Keep in mind that if you are using the "Updater" tool, you will need to download your files from here, rather than the image files needed for the 660 tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back