iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 19, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #14,101 of 14,617
I never did a full reset either, and I'm not experiencing any battery drain.

How many did a full reset and are experiencing the problem?
I haven't upgraded mine as of yet. Mine is working perfectly (for me) at the moment, so I will wait until I know that all the bugs are worked out on it. Glad to see you aren't having any issues though. :)

Jan 19, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #14,102 of 14,617
Glad to see you aren't having any issues though.
Now that I think about it for a bit, I did see some anomalies wrt power levels.

About two days ago I turned it off in Android. The next day, when I powered up, it did read a drop in charge in Digital. It read 79%. When I rebooted it to Mango OS the Digital read 87% - which, iirc, is what it should have read - assuming no actual charge drop.

Maybe it's a "reporting" error others are experiencing? And not an actual discharge?

I just tried a reboot from Android to Mango OS and they both were the same D/A levels....

Jan 19, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #14,103 of 14,617
Now that I think about it for a bit, I did see some anomalies wrt power levels.

About two days ago I turned it off in Android. The next day, when I powered up, it did read a drop in charge in Digital. It read 79%. When I rebooted it to Mango OS the Digital read 87% - which, iirc, is what it should have read - assuming no actual charge drop.

Maybe it's a "reporting" error others are experiencing? And not an actual discharge?

I just tried a reboot from Android to Mango OS and they both were the same D/A levels....
It certainly sounds like an android battery reporting issue.

I have never used Mango OS much (though it does sound good) because on mine it seems to use more battery than does android. Even though it is very minimal and simplistic, and it doesn't have any other apps running like android does, it just might not be optimized as well as android is?! I can't be sure though, and maybe it is just in my mind, because I have never done any A/Bing to test the differences. And that is with me having 64bit processing on, oversampling to 384, etc... in Neutron (plus a lot of my local music is higher than Redbook quality).

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #14,104 of 14,617
Went to work, batteries around 60%. But I forgot to turn the device off
8 hours later, 0% for the analog, 15% for the digital,

I never did a full reset either, and I'm not experiencing any battery drain.

How many did a full reset and are experiencing the problem?
I did, I had to because something was messing with poweramp and preventing the app from working properly

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #14,106 of 14,617
It certainly sounds like an android battery reporting issue.
There was one instance (I can't remember if I was In Mango OS or Android) when I turned it off and then back on .... and Digital went from 87% to 89%!

Did iBasso find a way to circumvent Conservation of Energy with this update???? :gs1000smile:

Free energy for all!!!

But seriously, I wonder if it's just a reporting error and not an actual drain.

Jan 20, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #14,109 of 14,617
another remark. After installing the latest firmware, the device became very hot when charging fast. Now I have returned to version 1.07, because the latest firmware version did not suit me. But what I noticed now is that the device has become noticeably faster discharge. Playing Tidal, M-gain, volume level 53, 58% A and 56% D remained from 100% in 5 hours of playback. I'm afraid that the batteries will not be damaged due to overheating when charging on the new firmware.

Jan 20, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #14,110 of 14,617
I rarely turn my DX300 off. I usually just put it in airplane mode when not using it. I read references in this thread about putting it in "standby." How do you put it in standby?

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #14,111 of 14,617
I rarely turn my DX300 off. I usually just put it in airplane mode when not using it. I read references in this thread about putting it in "standby." How do you put it in standby?
I think they simply mean to turn the screen off. Android will go into standby automatically when the screen is off (the OS knows you aren't using your device).

Yeah, I never turn mine off either because I use it almost every day.

Jan 20, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #14,112 of 14,617
I think they simply mean to turn the screen off. Android will go into standby automatically when the screen is off (the OS knows you aren't using your device).

Yeah, I never turn mine off either because I use it almost every day.
Thank you. I am Android clueless other than DAPs. I probably do not even need to put it in Airplane mode since it goes into standby automatically.

After installing Android 11, I have noticed faster battery draw. I installed it because I liked the idea of the battery charge limit to 80% and stupid FOMO. I need to spend more time with DX300 (always a joy) to see how much battery draw has changed.

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #14,113 of 14,617
A bit of pattern I've noticed with the battery drain. Charged to 100% on both yesterday, used for a few minutes, put down for a few hours came back to 85% analog and 76% digital. Used for about an hour before bed, didn't note the charge level, too sleepy. Woke up to 64 analog, 44 digital rebooted into Mango to see if it reported the same, it was. Rebooted back to Android but didn't use it. An hour later was 64% analog and 42% Digital. Used it for a few min and let it sit and now it's 61/30. So it seems like the drain starts only when it's been played. I leave mine on Wifi 100% of the time and have Bluetooth off. Only 3rd party apps I install are Google Play, Tidal, Spotify, and USB Player Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back