iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Oct 27, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #8,626 of 14,596
No i meant the dx240 in my post. From what I've read in all available comparisons, the dx240 seems to be a killer. Twister wrote that the dx300 is warmer and has more bass. But that's all. Sq seems like on the same level.
About the dx160- well we all know that it doesn't really compare to the dx300 and the dx240, even tho it's a great dap for the price.

I doubt 240 is the same level as 300. One seller in Bangkok yesterday (when I wanted to make a pre-order for a purchase) hinted to me that now there is an advertising campaign from Ibasso before the start of sales. We need to wait. He also already has a sample 240. He even questioned the expediency of changing 220 to 240. And we all know that the difference in sound between 220 and 300 is quite large.
I still made a pre-order for 240 to see for myself. But I believe his words, as I've been buying from him for a long time.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #8,627 of 14,596
would you think that would help with the metallic timbre the clear presents to me? I love the eq profiles on q5k. big part of why I don't use eq is just convenience of settings.

I've heard of impedance adapters I think, is this similar?
I don’t know. We all hear differently. For me the Clear has no metallic tonality at all, but it is too warm, and it lacks treble.

I use the Oratory EQ settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqb9zjsvc2nu5zc/Focal Clear.pdf?dl=0

With the DX300 it is easy to use PEQ profiles (like q5k) with UAPP or Neutron.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #8,628 of 14,596
FiiO Music has 'Pure Music Mode', which bypasses Android; I think this is the same as 'Mango OS'.
ok, here is the first thing you get it wrong.

MangoOS is an Operating System. It is much like Apple OS or Android OS or windows OS, Walkman OS. They are based on custom Linux core as a completely independent Operating System by itself.

Pure Music Mode is like Astel&Kern, Shanling, FiiO, they are based on Custom Android. So they are still AndroidOS, just very limited in app installations and utilities.

It is up to you, but even between Android modes , which also Bypasses Android SRC by Ibasso, the Pure MangoOS till offers a huge performances differences, whether it is better or not is up-to personal tastes, the MangoOS itself is still an operating system, non the less. Since taking Astel&Kern into the equation, even themselves, don’t bother to invest into their own OS, so I don’t see why FiiO needs to. This is why I value Ibasso even more.

Do mind you that, to develop a custom Operating System, it is a very expensive investments, and with a lot of problems that come attached. Even custom Android modes do have a lot of bugs and so on. Ibasso had come a long way to offers such stable MangoOS and performances as it is now.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #8,629 of 14,596
Yesterday I put my dx300 to charge at night and unplug it when I had already reached 100% both the analog and digital batteries this morning I went to get it to go to work and the digital battery goes by 85% without having used the analog is 100% normal is that consumption at night without having used it?

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #8,631 of 14,596
ok, here is the first thing you get it wrong.

Interesting points, and it's cool that you're a fan of iBasso. Thanks for correcting my assumption about FiiO and Mango OS.

However, I am a customer of iBasso, and Mango OS is unstable and Mango Android app is unusable. So rather than being schooled about OS's or whatever, I would really like some tips about making Mango work.

I work in IT, so I am well acquainted with the practice of tech companies beta-testing their software on customers. I just assumed that after all these months and updates, iBasso would have sorted Mango into a market-worthy product.

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #8,632 of 14,596
If you don’t put it to auto sleep mode, maybe ? Depends on what you have had turned on, like wireless etc… …if you do then no
No, I do not turn off Wi-Fi or sleep mode only with all programs closed and the screen off ...

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #8,633 of 14,596
Interesting points, and it's cool that you're a fan of iBasso. Thanks for correcting my assumption about FiiO and Mango OS.

However, I am a customer of iBasso, and Mango OS is unstable and Mango Android app is unusable. So rather than being schooled about OS's or whatever, I would really like some tips about making Mango work.

I work in IT, so I am well acquainted with the practice of tech companies beta-testing their software on customers. I just assumed that after all these months and updates, iBasso would have sorted Mango into a market-worthy product.
I am a fan of nobody or specific brand, it only happens that Ibasso has the most to offers for what I look for. I am also a paying customer much like you

How exactly is MangoOS is unstable ? You can just tell everyone with itemized and listed errors, bugs that you found, and Ibasso would fix it when they can.

I only use MangoOS for playing music and that is what it is, I don’t find any issues with it, and I am not the only one being very happy with it.

So, just have your findings listed out, and have Ibasso fix it, rather than just saying that it is Unstable, which i don’t really get

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #8,634 of 14,596
Mango OS is unstable
How's that? I've been using a lot MangoOS for my local libraries on DX300 and DX300 Max and it never crashed or showed buggy behaviour. I don't use the app, so I can't comment on that (I am happy with Neutron so far). It's got limited functionality, fair enough, but sound-wise and stability-wise, I've had no complaints. Can you elaborate a bit? This is while I agree with you that for players that cost over $1000, companies like iBasso and others should strive to eliminate obvious bugs.

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #8,635 of 14,596
Many people are still confused between MangoOS and Mango Apps!

Yes, the Mango Apps may have bugs and errors, but that is a player app within AndroidOS. The MangoOS is a different Operating system that can be utilized by press down and hold the power button for a few seconds, a pop up windows appear to choose to shutdown or switch OS. This is the MangoOS, which is completely different than the Mango Android Apps, with the exception that they have similar layouts

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #8,636 of 14,596
FiiO Music has 'Pure Music Mode', which bypasses Android; I think this is the same as 'Mango OS'. I don't want to use Mango OS because it doesn't read my album art well and forces me to use its wallpaper. UX is important to me, and I want to be able to use my own wallpaper and album art. I won't enjoy the device if I have to look at those wallpapers in Mango OS.

The Android Mango app is unusable. I realized today that every time it crashes, that is the last time it will display the album art for whatever album was playing. And instead of defaulting to the wallpaper I installed, like it does for missing album art, it replaces the album art with its own pastel-vomit concert scene wallpapers. The entire library is being gradually transitioned to mango wallpaper. LOL. It's haunted.

I would just use the excellent HiFi Cast for everything, but it cannot do DSD. I tried downloading Neutron but the download failed. I installed 3 other players to try them out; all were buggy and unusable. I also installed a couple of Android cleaners, and they claimed to find hundreds of MB of junk which I deleted.

I guess it's time for another reset.

MEANWHILE - the sound out of this thing continues to compensate for the software issues. Tracking shows my AMP12 is almost here.....
Any Android utility/cleaner apps you can recommend? Sounds like the couple you mention, tho, and not by name, merely clean and don't actually fix anything? Still headed for a reset?

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #8,637 of 14,596
The kids are happy but dad has mixed emotions.
IMG_20211027_165734.jpg

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #8,638 of 14,596
Any Android utility/cleaner apps you can recommend? Sounds like the couple you mention, tho, and not by name, merely clean and don't actually fix anything? Still headed for a reset?
I installed and kept AVG Cleaner. It definitely gives the impression that it's working. The UI is good. It keeps threatening to show me ads, but it hasn't yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back