iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Oct 26, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #8,596 of 14,596
The story of my life for the past 3 days:

Every 3 or 4 songs. It also randomly replaces my album art with one of those pastel, blurry concert scene wallpapers whenever it feels like it. I realize most of you have either been through this already or somehow lucked out with a stable version of Mango. But I would really like to get this software working. I am not going to do any more resets, so if anyone has any optimization tips for Mango, I would be very grateful.
I am open to hacks and not afraid of github, etc.

IDK who iBasso thinks is their rival, but in my experience they've dropped far, far behind FiiO when it comes to software. . . .
I know that my response will not solve your problems but maybe avoid Mango and go directly to Neutron? Actually it sounds better than both Mangos and has no issues.
MangoOS never stopped working because it is the whole OS itself. If you can deal with Mango App in Android , then why not use MangoOS ?

I don’t know about FiiO, but they can’t even produce their own OS, and if anyone like them ? Good for them. I like Ibasso because at the least, Ibasso has their own dedicated OS, much like Sony
It's great to have the option of Mango OS vs a malfunctioning Mango player, and 3rd party player options like Neutron (I'm a fan), but I know I'd be frustrated with such a lingering problem. For those who know Android better than I do, isn't there a utility -- like there are for PCs -- that can diagnose and fix instability issues, software conflicts, and the like? A quick search says there are, but I don't have experience with any of them. Anyone?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #8,598 of 14,596
Hi guys n gals, small question: On AMP11 MK2 is there a option to change 3.5mm between LO/PO (to bypass the Amp)
In Settings > Audio settings > 3.5 Interface, select LO, PO, or SPDIF. Well, this is my DX160. My DX300 has the amp12 card installed with no 3.5 and a dedicated Line Out, which auto switches when used. But IIRC, this should be similar to the DX300 with the amp11?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #8,599 of 14,596
In Settings > Audio settings > 3.5 Interface, select LO, PO, or SPDIF. Well, this is my DX160. My DX300 has the amp12 card installed with no 3.5 and a dedicated Line Out, which auto switches when used. But IIRC, this should be similar to the DX300 with the amp11?
How much different dx160 sounds from dx300? Just sold my dx160 and now stuck in decision between dx300 and dx240...

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #8,602 of 14,596
How much different dx160 sounds from dx300? Just sold my dx160 and now stuck in decinion between dx300 and dx240...
Would like to know exactly as well 🙂 from current reviews seems like there is almost no sq difference, only that the dx300 has more bass and is bit warmer.
Oh, my. You had to ask (Ben86). :wink: My DX160 is my portable rig with the U12t, and my DX300 is my "desktop" Line Out, using amp12 to an external amp, listening with Sony IER-Z1R. I don't switch the two IEMs to directly compare the differences of the two players. From what I've read only, and as Rigatio says, the DX160 may be a tad brighter (?), but too many variables to really say. I think the decision between the DX240 and DX300 might come down to size and weight preferences.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #8,603 of 14,596
Oh, my. You had to ask. :wink: My DX160 is my portable rig with the U12t, and my DX300 is my "desktop" Line Out, using amp12 to an external amp, listening with Sony IER-Z1R. I don't switch the two IEMs to directly compare the differences of the two players. From what I've read only, and as Rigatio says, the DX160 may be a tad brighter (?), but too many variables to really say. I think the decision between the DX240 and DX300 might come down to size and weight preferences.
I meant the dx240 vs dx300. I've heard the dx160 while ago and it doesn't really compare to the dx300.

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #8,604 of 14,596
Would like to know exactly as well 🙂 from current reviews seems like there is almost no sq difference, only that the dx300 has more bass and is bit warmer.
While I agreed with your last statement, You are contradicting yourself.

The Dx160 is more neutral than Dx300. The Dx300 has more emphasized toward sub bass and lower bass region in comparison, with the MkII taken it a notch down and toward more neutrality, the Dx160 is still a more neutral player in comparison. However, details retrieval, textures fidelity, layering and soundstage, the Dx300 is much better than Dx160.

However, you will need a proper gears and experiences to observe it. If you simply plugging in common gears or listening to Aux in in car and driving, the Dx160 isn’t too much different than Dx300, except that the 160 is much more portable.

If you aim to achieve high performances and potentials with replaceable amp modules, the Dx300 is the only player you should buy ATM.

If you only aim for power delivery, high performances, and don’t care about modular, then Dx300Max will be an even better choice

If you only aim to please, with portability, Android OS, then nothing beats the Dx160 with it zombies like batteries

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #8,605 of 14,596
Thank you for a great feedback! I'm using pay pal a lot so have already read about seller safety. Anyways in a couple days will be probably posting my offer here. In case the AKsp1kM will be beaten by the dx312 and the sound sig will spare my beloved iBasso, the listing will not appear and i will send back the AK. The only reason for this move is the size of the dx300. When I saw the price for the sp1kM which was half of origial and actually cheaper than the dx312 i needed to pull the trigger.
Do you really think the AK SP1000 M beats the D312? I doubt it.I know you like the Dx 312 sound so much. My highest AK was the 380th even with an additional amp. And from my memories it was way behind the DX312. From my taste. Wouldn't it be better to keep the 312 and maybe in 2-3 months to buy the DX 240 for on the go? I plan to do that too. Greetings to Karlsruhe

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #8,606 of 14,596
Do you really think the AK SP1000 M beats the D312? I doubt it.I know you like the Dx 312 sound so much. My highest AK was the 380th even with an additional amp. And from my memories it was way behind the DX312. From my taste. Wouldn't it be better to keep the 312 and maybe in 2-3 months to buy the DX 240 for on the go? I plan to do that too. Greetings to Karlsruhe
I don’t even think SP2K can outperform Dx228EX, but that is my own POV and impressions. Others are different. That is why it is all subjective

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #8,607 of 14,596
Do you really think the AK SP1000 M beats the D312? I doubt it.
I had the same thought. AK may sound great but there are some clear downsides in my opinion: 2.5 mm, slow operation, cumbersome app updating.

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #8,608 of 14,596
If you only aim for power delivery, high performances, and don’t care about modular, then Dx300Max will be an even better choice
In fact, the 3Max Ti, for me, is on another league altogether than DX300 Amp11.2 and, while I've read (in your comments, amongst other places) that DX300 Amp12 sounds great with C9 (or other external amp) off its LO, I don't think I've read anywhere that the SQ from its PO is equivalent. I have no doubt that the 3Max SS (more available than the Ti) will, similarly, provide higher SQ. When it comes to portability, DX312 + C9 (or other amp) is no more portable than those adorable bricks either :ksc75smile:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back