iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Oct 2, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #8,446 of 14,596
That would be great! I'm just ready for a new amp module period. I have had the amp 12 for a couple of months and it is just great! About a week ago it hit a new level after being burnt in. I was surprised at the difference between amp 11 mk2 and amp 12. I wasn't expecting to hear such a big change but it was obvious to me from the get go . This is my 1st dap and 1st dap with interchangeable amp modules and I love it. I really dig being able to have different sound signatures by changing the amp module.I've definitely put it to use and can't wait for more.
For a first DAP you picked the right one IMHO, this will serve me for years. I am around 200 hrs of break in on amp 12, phenomenal sound from PO and the LO is sublime, also getting around 12 hrs of WiFi streaming playback on high gain with about 60% high res content Driving a Arya at 50 to 55 volume for breaking in but I normally listen at 30 to 40 with a Radiance so I imagine my battery life will be slightly better after break in.

Oct 2, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #8,447 of 14,596
For a first DAP you picked the right one IMHO, this will serve me for years. I am around 200 hrs of break in on amp 12, phenomenal sound from PO and the LO is sublime, also getting around 12 hrs of WiFi streaming playback on high gain with about 60% high res content Driving a Arya at 50 to 55 volume for breaking in but I normally listen at 30 to 40 with a Radiance so I imagine my battery life will be slightly better after break in.
Yes I am very happy with my choice. It was a huge improvement from my Mojo. I almost sent my Andromeda back because I hated it paired with the Mojo. About a week later I received the dx300 and they just came alive. Everything I have sounds amazing from the dx300 especially with the amp 12. I don't know how many hours I have on the amp 12. It isnt 200 hours. I do know I noticed a change around a week ago. It's like everything was bumped up a notch. Better dynamics, bass, and detail retrieval we're obvious. That's after probably 70-80 hours. I hope it still gets better with more burn in. I haven't tried the line out yet. I don't have anything to try it with. I'm going to get a desktop setup soon so maybe I can try it with that to see. I am pairing lcd x 2021, Andromeda, Noble k10, Mest mk 2, and ie900 with the dx300 and they all sound amazing. I havent heard anything that didn't go well with it and Imagine I probably want.

Oct 2, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #8,448 of 14,596
Yes I am very happy with my choice. It was a huge improvement from my Mojo. I almost sent my Andromeda back because I hated it paired with the Mojo. About a week later I received the dx300 and they just came alive. Everything I have sounds amazing from the dx300 especially with the amp 12. I don't know how many hours I have on the amp 12. It isnt 200 hours. I do know I noticed a change around a week ago. It's like everything was bumped up a notch. Better dynamics, bass, and detail retrieval we're obvious. That's after probably 70-80 hours. I hope it still gets better with more burn in. I haven't tried the line out yet. I don't have anything to try it with. I'm going to get a desktop setup soon so maybe I can try it with that to see. I am pairing lcd x 2021, Andromeda, Noble k10, Mest mk 2, and ie900 with the dx300 and they all sound amazing. I havent heard anything that didn't go well with it and Imagine I probably want.
Really interesting to read this.

I personally preferred my Andro 2020 with the Mojo…

mom using the Solaris 2020 with it now, but with single output. Looking for a good 4.4 balanced cable to pair with the Solaris.

I also used my Andro 2020 (2.5mm balanced, plugged into 4.4mm adapter) with my MK2 but didn’t really enjoy the sound that much…

weird huh…

Oct 2, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #8,449 of 14,596

mom using the Solaris 2020 with it now, but with single output. Looking for a good 4.4 balanced cable to pair with the Solaris.

I also used my Andro 2020 (2.5mm balanced, plugged into 4.4mm adapter) with my MK2 but didn’t really enjoy the sound that much…

weird huh…
Different strokes for different folks. To me the Mojo was kinda muddy and instrument seperation wasn't as good with the Mojo. That 3d effect wasn't as apparent with the Mojo. Once I paired it with the dx300 it just opened up. Have you tried the amp 12? I am going to get a 4.4mm cable for my Andromeda so I can use them with the amp 12. I like the amp 11 mk2 but the amp 12 is on another level. I definitely prefer it. I really enjoy the amp 12 with my Mest Mk 2 and ie900.

Oct 2, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #8,450 of 14,596
Different strokes for different folks. To me the Mojo was kinda muddy and instrument seperation wasn't as good with the Mojo. That 3d effect wasn't as apparent with the Mojo. Once I paired it with the dx300 it just opened up. Have you tried the amp 12? I am going to get a 4.4mm cable for my Andromeda so I can use them with the amp 12. I like the amp 11 mk2 but the amp 12 is on another level. I definitely prefer it. I really enjoy the amp 12 with my Mest Mk 2 and ie900.
I would agree. To me, the DX300 is a few steps up from the Mojo. On some things the Mojo can be nice to listen to but it doesn't have the separation, dynamics and transparency of the DX300, especially with the AMP12.

Oct 2, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #8,451 of 14,596
Agreed, the mojo when I tried it back years ago, had strange staging, but the sound mostly coming from DSP so it is understandable. But I wouldn’t put it on the level of Dx312

Oct 2, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #8,452 of 14,596
After buying the Amp12, I hardly touched the stationary DAC and my beloved Denon 9200, although before that it occupied 80% of my listening time. The Dx312 with Anole VX is something better in sound and usability.

Oct 2, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #8,453 of 14,596
I prefer the amp11mk1, I think. Amp11mk2 is also pretty good, not sure which one I like more.

I need to put more hours into the amp12 but right now, it sounds kinda dead to me with the i4, whereas the coloration of the amp11 seems to make the bass more dynamic and the imaging/separation more pronounced on the LCD-i4 and Azul. Seems to make the Oxygen feel thin, though. Perhaps also overexaggerating the sense of instrument separation and imaging the Oxygen imparts upon me, which I didn't experience on the M3X or the Qudelix-5k.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #8,454 of 14,596
I prefer the amp11mk1, I think. Amp11mk2 is also pretty good, not sure which one I like more.

I need to put more hours into the amp12 but right now, it sounds kinda dead to me with the i4, whereas the coloration of the amp11 seems to make the bass more dynamic and the imaging/separation more pronounced on the LCD-i4 and Azul. Seems to make the Oxygen feel thin, though. Perhaps also overexaggerating the sense of instrument separation and imaging the Oxygen imparts upon me, which I didn't experience on the M3X or the Qudelix-5k.
Pretty much agree with all of this.

Oct 2, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #8,455 of 14,596
I have the last UAPP beta version, updated yesterday. And it doesn’t support the DX300 as MQA renderer or decoder. MQA is made through software and only one level of unfold.
@Paul - iBasso said some weeks ago an update of the OS was needed to give a solution for this problem.
Hmm... sounds Ok to me...
There's a different between what it can do and what you want.

20211003_062253.jpg
20211003_062317.jpg

I don't find MQA beneficial in term of SQ, except it makes louder sound...
edit : UAPP works as supposed to( I think based on DX220 before, can play MQA (2x Fold) and DSD (which is more important for me).
I am a low listening volume... hope u get the point...
IMHO

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #8,457 of 14,596

Yes, Amp11mk2 is very musical, powerful and surround sound with dynamic iem. But for instrumental music and high-quality recorded music, I prefer Amp12 (or stationary DAC). I sometimes change the amps to dx300 to listen different artists. But my opinion is that Amp12 is more universal for all music genres if you like maximum quality sound.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #8,458 of 14,596
Now I would like to listen 300Max, but I was late with the purchase while burning my Amp12, it was sold out very quickly. Considering the dx300 level with Amp12, I think Max could well replace all my devices. :)

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #8,459 of 14,596
Now I would like to listen 300Max, but I was late with the purchase while burning my Amp12, it was sold out very quickly. Considering the dx300 level with Amp12, I think Max could well replace all my devices. :)
There are a few available in the classifieds.

Oct 3, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #8,460 of 14,596

weird huh…
Interesting to read all of these differing impressions :D
I have heard the Andro before (not 2020, but one of the earlier versions); I seem to recall it having a quite delicate and ethereal signature, spacious and open with just a small tinge of warmth to bring that musicality. As such, I could see it pairing quite well with something like the Mojo :)

It's probably worth mentioning that sometimes, we're not looking exclusively for the best technical performance, but for whichever sound signature matches our mood at that time, and whichever DAP/cable/IEM combo can help us achieve that.

I have TOTL IEMs, but yesterday (having been feeling under the weather and a bit stressed) I spent 2 hours listening to my Stealth Sonics U4, a $499 IEM.

It's very warm, with heavy note weight, thick low end and utter smoothness across the board, perfect for when my brain can't take any piercing or peaky notes.
It also draws out details beautifully in a very organic and natural way, and surprises me with it's technical performance sometimes.

It's gorgeously musical, and I started out with DX220MAX, which lifted the technical performance to another level, but then switched to the Sony WM1Z, which just 'clicked' with it (and with what kind of sound signature I felt like listening to at that time). Doubling down on the organic warmth and musicality, even if it lost a bit of the soundstage expansion, separation and other technical improvements that the DX220MAX brought to the table.
I was A/B testing Gregory Porter, "Don't be a fool", between the DAPs, and on the WM1Z, it was sounding just perfect.

So, I'm not by any means saying that the WM1Z trumps the DX220MAX, or indeed the DX300 (or vice versa!). They're all superb DAPs, and just because I might prefer one with a specific IEM, either long-term or just on particular, doesn't change that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back