iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Sep 29, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #8,416 of 14,596
Just heard the MMR Thummim on @NaittsirK's DX300 + AMP12 EX (@Whitigir's mod).

To say that I am short of words would be an understatement. I have never heard a more resolving, spacious, and clean IEM in my life. To be fair, I have only had experience with sub $1000 IEMs, so this really felt like something out of this word. However, I must say that the soundstage and imaging are on-par with full-sized headphones. Despite its large size, they are very comfortable and light. Just a beast, a god damn beast. That's all I'm going to say.

Expensive? Yes? Flagship & Endgame performance? Absolutely!

Big thanks to @NaittsirK for giving me such an opportunity and being an absolute gentleman. Also, big thanks and props to @Whitigir for investing his time and effort into crafting such a fine and refined mod.

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #8,417 of 14,596
Can we use the headphone jack and line out to send the same signal to an external audio device while using headphones?

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #8,419 of 14,596
I don’t understand your question. However, only use line out to connect to external amp
Like I have a subpac that gets its audio signal from line in. I was wondering if I can use the headphone output while sending the same signal out to the supac. (Cuz I find the subpac's headphone out is noisy and makes the Clears lose any sense of bass)

Sep 29, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #8,421 of 14,596
Can you update us on the AMP12 EX mod? I'm curious to see what are the mods done to AMP12 @Whitigir 😀
I have already discussed about that a few many posts back. I considered it an EX mod because it isn’t easy to work on, and certainly was not easy to find the voicing there :)

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #8,423 of 14,596
@Whitigir

First, I would like to thank Whitigir for the hard work on the Amp12 EX mod.

I have done this mod and have to say its outstanding for me.

I use the IER Z1R most of the time and this mod has now made this combination outstanding. The best way I can describe the main change is it has moved the bass. The bass still has the slam and impact I love but it has moved it back a little, sort of where I imagine it should be. In doing this it has now released a bit more mid-range, not I have ever found the mid to be recessed as some do, but once again it sort of just puts it in the right place…IMHO

Non-scientific explanation is the hairs on my neck and arms stand right up at the right moments, which I think this is what this hobby is all about 😉

So, I think my Amp 11 mk1 is now redundant and think I might part with it?

Thanks Whitigir :beerchug:

And everyone else on this forum who have helped on this journey :L3000:

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #8,425 of 14,596
Sep 30, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #8,427 of 14,596
Seems I can't download this also on the web.
Well just to have to wait until 7th Oct.
FYI, there's a golden Week in Mainland, National holiday from 1st to 7th OCT..
I am downloading it NP
F6F2EE8C-6826-43F0-AEDF-0FD9D830C5C8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• bonz
Back