iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Sep 19, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #8,356 of 14,617
Sep 20, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #8,358 of 14,617
Ok, my dx300 is probably defective. Very strange thing started to happen 2 days ago. When i keep the player horizontally it plays correctly. When change the position of the player, for example putting it in the pocket or just holding upside down or whatever another position, the the volume level changes slightly but not only this. The whole presentation changes from the correct one to the one lacking imaging and dynamics. Did the factory reset and nothing helped. Probably defective hardware. Have you heard about something like this before?

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #8,360 of 14,617
OK, probably its faulty 4,4 to 2,5 mm connector. Playing with the cables change the sound. Will do another tests but would be hard to believe that its a defective player itself- have never heard of such issues.
Try taking the amp out and putting it back in.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #8,361 of 14,617
Sep 20, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #8,363 of 14,617
OK, probably its faulty 4,4 to 2,5 mm connector. Playing with the cables change the sound. Will do another tests but would be hard to believe that its a defective player itself- have never heard of such issues.
Very hard for the connector to be lose as the 4.4 and 2.5 is directly soldered on board. The 3.5mm may possibly be as connected via wires. So I suspect the cables is giving up on you
Try taking the amp out and putting it back in.
or try this as well

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #8,364 of 14,617
Very hard for the connector to be lose as the 4.4 and 2.5 is directly soldered on board. The 3.5mm may possibly be as connected via wires. So I suspect the cables is giving up on you

or try this as well
Hey, thank you for the advices! I even swapped amps and the problem persisted. Its now gone when i plugged my 2,5 mm cable directly into amp11.2. So the problem was in iBasso CA04 and its cables inside the jack soldering. I had a constant sound drops and changes of the volume and dynamics while playing with it. Thank God ist just this, not the dap! Anyways this CA04 adapter didnt last too long- like 3 months or so. Will send it back, maybe will get new one.

Sep 21, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #8,366 of 14,617
Ok finally finished reading all 558 pages, my DX300 and a amp12 arrive Thursday it sounds like this will be a great current end game dap for me At a very reasonable price point.
Your help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Someone please correct me if any of my points or assumptions are wrong.
All of my headphones are run balanced with Norne Draug SC cable or OEM Stellia cable.
I think it will drive my travel cans the JH-16’s and Radiance to levels my m11 pro just couldn’t.
I believe it will also do well with my home cans being Stellia for the bedroom and Arya for downstairs.
I think I will even try it as a source for the downstairs amps Instead of the node 2i I am currently using with my cap modded LP with 1958 BB tubes or the W7 firefly, a real balanced LO should be interesting.
`Am I correct in understanding that mango OS is the best sounding for playback of local files from the mirco Sd card on which I will install My 100 gig FLAC library which is 90%16/44 rips?
That Tidal and Qobuz aps for streaming and their offline content downloads Are best suited for the android aspect of the DX300 for Tidal masters or Qobuz hi res at this time.
That UAPP and Nutron are currently the best players for the DX300 and they both work properly under the android aspect but not in mango os at this point.
all I can ponder after 15 hrs of reading…..

Sep 22, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #8,367 of 14,617
Some goodies arrived today from Eletech and burning in new Socrates interconnect - warm and lucious with C9, tube timbre, AB amplification. It’s challenging stepping away from the 3MAX but the DX312 reminds me why I’m an iBasso fan.

65A8C6F4-AF97-4F33-BF87-8AF1036B70A7.jpeg

564156D2-14B9-4269-B8DD-DA2B321CAA1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #8,368 of 14,617
Ok finally finished reading all 558 pages, my DX300 and a amp12 arrive Thursday it sounds like this will be a great current end game dap for me At a very reasonable price point.
Your help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Someone please correct me if any of my points or assumptions are wrong.
All of my headphones are run balanced with Norne Draug SC cable or OEM Stellia cable.
I think it will drive my travel cans the JH-16’s and Radiance to levels my m11 pro just couldn’t.
I believe it will also do well with my home cans being Stellia for the bedroom and Arya for downstairs.
I think I will even try it as a source for the downstairs amps Instead of the node 2i I am currently using with my cap modded LP with 1958 BB tubes or the W7 firefly, a real balanced LO should be interesting.
`Am I correct in understanding that mango OS is the best sounding for playback of local files from the mirco Sd card on which I will install My 100 gig FLAC library which is 90%16/44 rips?
That Tidal and Qobuz aps for streaming and their offline content downloads Are best suited for the android aspect of the DX300 for Tidal masters or Qobuz hi res at this time.
That UAPP and Nutron are currently the best players for the DX300 and they both work properly under the android aspect but not in mango os at this point.
all I can ponder after 15 hrs of reading…..
I would say everything you read is true. For example, I only hear everything from the SD card and in the local memory with Mango os. I think it sounds the best. And the DX 300 with Amp 12 is a different house number than the Fiio M 11 Pro. You will think you have completely new and different IEM s and headphones. I'll bet my bum on that. What really interests me is how the Stelia sound with the AMP 12. It would be very nice if you could tell me about it, since I have been thinking of buying the Stelia for a long time. Only here in Vietnam can I unfortunately not listen to the Stelia for a rehearsal. Buy or not :L3000::dt880smile:

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #8,370 of 14,617
I would say everything you read is true. For example, I only hear everything from the SD card and in the local memory with Mango os. I think it sounds the best. And the DX 300 with Amp 12 is a different house number than the Fiio M 11 Pro. You will think you have completely new and different IEM s and headphones. I'll bet my bum on that. What really interests me is how the Stelia sound with the AMP 12. It would be very nice if you could tell me about it, since I have been thinking of buying the Stelia for a long time. Only here in Vietnam can I unfortunately not listen to the Stelia for a rehearsal. Buy or not :L3000::dt880smile:
Thanks, as good as I feel the Stellia is and I do find it amazing it’s a difficult recommendation if you can’t listen to it before buying due to how expensive it is although I do recommend people to give it a listen if you are curious and can afford it, as it is something you need to hear for yourself.
The majority of my amps are tubes or tube hybrid as I personally prefer things to the warmer side of neutral with some body and slam when appropriate without being overly bright. My bedroom setup consists of Ifi pro idsd and pro ican which I run in tube or tube + mode and power wise that stack is just overkill on the Stellia as they are easy to drive but it does sound amazing.
I do look forward to seeing how alll my HP do with the DX300, the M11 pro had the power to drive my Arya, fairly well and the Radiance / Stellia very well so I expect the DX300 to be amazing with headroom to spare for a one box solution for travel.
I even entertained the thought of adding the C9 as a amp but I already have a mirco iDSD BL that I can use for additional amping if needed whilst traveling.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back