iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 28, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #8,161 of 14,617
I think others have stated this already, but the battery is draining much faster with amp 12. And I'm only listening in low gain, at moderate volume. I don't suppose it gets any better as it burns in?
I don't get much difference in battery declining between the amp modules. How long are you getting with AMP12?

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #8,162 of 14,617
Not by a noticeable Much! It only consumes a little more than Amp11
Exactly. Amp 12 consumes more than Amp11. MK II I have nothing to say. But I also noticed that the Amp11 discharges the digital and analog battery more evenly. With the same settings in Mango OS. With Amp 12 the digital discharge is much higher.

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #8,165 of 14,617
Or it is due to the last update. I dont know. But the difference between analog and digital is much higher than with Amp 11.
I notice the same. With digital down to 20, analog was still over 50 or 60.
I don't get much difference in battery declining between the amp modules. How long are you getting with AMP12?
I haven't measured it but I need to charge more frequently.

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #8,166 of 14,617
My Updater says this is the latest version. Is there a newer version? If so, where can it be downloaded?

Wanted to let everyone know something. So, a few days ago I had some charging issues. The DX300 would charge through my laptop/desktop (painfully slow), but wouldn't charge normally through my Samsung Galaxy S8 charger. Basically, it would charge for a few seconds, then it would stop, and it would constantly go on like this. The S8 charger uses Fast Adaptive Charging technology, and this seems to be working quite weirdly with the DX300. Mr. Paul directly advised me against using Samsung chargers because they don't work too well with the DX300.

To get the Samsung charger to work normally, I first need to plug the DX300 into a laptop and let it charge for 10-30 mins, and only then switch to the Samsung charger. This is the only way I found it to work normally.

I made the decision to stop using the Samsung charger because when using the "rapid charging" mode, it literally charges 1% per minute (+/–), and that sounds like it is charging way too quickly. If someone thinks or knows this is a normal Quick Charging rate, please let me know.
I found the same thing when I tried using my Samsung A11 adaptive charger on my Shanling M6 Pro 21 which I recently got. It would do this constant reboot thing and not charge. When I went back to one of my standard 5V/2A bricks it charged normally. Bottom line is probably avoid using adaptive chargers for most DAPS, ibasso, Shanling, Hiby, etc.

Aug 28, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #8,167 of 14,617
May be something wrong with it. Check with your seller ?
Agree. It does not sound right at all. I have been enjoying the Amp12 sonics very much. Now that it is nicely burned in. I am just listening to the Traillii off it and it has beautiful soundstage and impactful bass.

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #8,168 of 14,617
Guys, have you maybe experienced painful brightness and forwardness on the amp12 around 150h of burning in? I was loving the amp12 because of a very balanced sound, especially moved back mids (the main reason of quitting amp11.2 which had "on the face vocals"). Since couple days it became quite painfull to listen to- very bright hights, sibilants etc. Hope it will settle down when the amp reaches "famous" 250h. Is it transitional period?

Aug 29, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #8,169 of 14,617
Today we review the AMP12 on Headfonia, an article by @nanotechnos
https://www.headfonia.com/ibasso-amp12-review/

dap-ibasso-amp12-amplifier-module-dx300-headfonia-review-9.jpg

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #8,170 of 14,617
Guys, have you maybe experienced painful brightness and forwardness on the amp12 around 150h of burning in? I was loving the amp12 because of a very balanced sound, especially moved back mids (the main reason of quitting amp11.2 which had "on the face vocals"). Since couple days it became quite painfull to listen to- very bright hights, sibilants etc. Hope it will settle down when the amp reaches "famous" 250h. Is it transitional period?
I only noticed these things with the shrill heights and sibilants with the Amp11. At least when making recordings really extreme. After installing the Amp 12, I only listened to it for about 6 hours and then let it burn in for 300 hours. I always listened briefly in between. I didn't notice anything negative. But I don't know how many hours he had on the clock. I now have over 400 hours. And no matter which IEMs I connect, everything sounds good. No hissing, screaming heights or the like. I particularly like the Oriolus Isabellae. The combination is absolutely fantastic! Give your Amp 12 another 100-150 hours.

Aug 29, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #8,174 of 14,617
Amp11 mki is really nice if you dont need the depth presentation of the amp12.

Really different, if you got something like hd800S you want to tame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back