iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 31, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #8,177 of 14,596
Does anyone know how to check to see if usb audio player pro is allowed to run in the background on the dx300? Where do I go to in setting to check that out? Any help would be appreciated.

Aug 31, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #8,178 of 14,596
Does anyone know how to check to see if usb audio player pro is allowed to run in the background on the dx300? Where do I go to in setting to check that out? Any help would be appreciated.
I think you have to go to Apps & notifications and there you will find all the settings for the apps you have installed on the device. You can click on See all apps and there on the UAPP app and go to more advanced settings for this particular app. You have App permissions options where you can set what actions are allowed for each app, Special app accsess where you set an access for the additionsal devices etc.

Sep 1, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #8,179 of 14,596
I jumped in the Apple Music train with my DX300, works like charm so far.
Currently comparing the Apple Music versions of some albums with my own lossless versions.

P.S.: Does anyone know how to switch the payment methode to PayPal and remove the credit card?

Sep 1, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #8,180 of 14,596
I jumped in the Apple Music train with my DX300, works like charm so far.
Currently comparing the Apple Music versions of some albums with my own lossless versions.

P.S.: Does anyone know how to switch the payment methode to PayPal and remove the credit card?
Assuming you have iPhone. Under your Apple ID-> pqyment->Add a payment option

Sep 1, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #8,181 of 14,596
Assuming you have iPhone. Under your Apple ID-> pqyment->Add a payment option
I don't have an iPhone, but i have found it on the Apple account settings on the website.

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #8,182 of 14,596
One of the advantages of the Dx300 as a platform is that it is still running Ultimate mode !!! Aka all 8 channels if you are using balanced.

it also last for a good bit, unless you are in MangoOS which consumes more battery but I don’t mind. I actually prefer that MangoOS

The next advantage is the Modular amp card! The 11 is 7.7Vrms and the 12 is 8.3Vrms !!! Very powerful for a DAP of it sizes and price

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #8,183 of 14,596
I forgot to mention that Dx300 has NOS mode, or Non Over Sampling mode

There are only 2 ways to decode digital info and convert into Analog: NOS or OS , aka Non Over Sampling or Over Sampling.

You can use whatever you like, flash based technologies, FPGA, or R2R, discrete or Chips based, even Sigma Delta Chips, and you can try to confuse people as much as you like. There are only 2 ways

The NOS in Dx300 is Delta sigma based Non Over Sampling

You can also use other Over Sampling modes with the 4 digital filters you would like !!

Sep 1, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #8,184 of 14,596
I forgot to mention that Dx300 has NOS mode, or Non Over Sampling mode

There are only 2 ways to decode digital info and convert into Analog: NOS or OS , aka Non Over Sampling or Over Sampling.

You can use whatever you like, flash based technologies, FPGA, or R2R, discrete or Chips based, even Sigma Delta Chips, and you can try to confuse people as much as you like. There are only 2 ways

The NOS in Dx300 is Delta sigma based Non Over Sampling

You can also use other Over Sampling modes with the 4 digital filters you would like !!
Do you happen to know if anyone has attempted to measure the NOS mode on an analyzer to see if it's truly NOS when in that mode? It is my preferred mode, but I've always wondered.

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #8,185 of 14,596
Do you happen to know if anyone has attempted to measure the NOS mode on an analyzer to see if it's truly NOS when in that mode? It is my preferred mode, but I've always wondered.
What should one measure ? In NOS mode, you can read the data-sheet about this cirrus chip clearly. However, there are 3 NOS modes. Single/Double/Quad , we don’t know which NOS mode is given by Ibasso.

The NOS mode of Cirrus Chip is a Delta Sigma Modultions and Non Oversampling Emulation. It is easier to understand that it is everything Oversampling but yet with a multiplier of 1X factor instead of being higher

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #8,186 of 14,596
What should one measure ? In NOS mode, you can read the data-sheet about this cirrus chip clearly. However, there are 3 NOS modes. Single/Double/Quad , we don’t know which NOS mode is given by Ibasso.

The NOS mode of Cirrus Chip is a Delta Sigma Modultions and Non Oversampling Emulation. It is easier to understand that it is everything Oversampling but yet with a multiplier of 1X factor instead of being higher
You can read some info about Non Over Sampling example here.

The point of Oversampling is to get a higher dynamic range, but the digital filters and the aliasing will introduce artifacts while filtering out the informations. You will get a much cleaner floor noises, but you will also loose some of those intentionally recorded in the Nyquist ranges.

This is the reason why some people is all about NOS and some is all about OS. The OS appears to give a much better fidelity and staging while NOS is just as it was recorded. But regardless of what it is, each components of choice will effect the whole system and then the amplifications and it final acoustic filters will even further alternate the end result. All of that with the goals which were subjective to begin with, we are opening a can of worm
https://theproaudiofiles.com/oversampling/

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #8,187 of 14,596
Guys am i exaggerating thinking that the holography on the dx312 is really insane? Are there any daps with such holographic space? Ive heard a couple of them, including some models of A&Ks, Fiios, Pioneers, some stationary rigs and haven't heard such precise space.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #8,188 of 14,596
Here is another interesting findings from my observations.

Disclaimer: MicroSD and sound performances. These are subjective opinions after observations. Please disregard if you disagree

@jamato8 , the conclusion between MicronSD CS and Non CS is that the Non CS (I-300) has a better dynamic performances. The signatures is very similar but the I-300 appears to have even more expanded staging and vivid textures with bass and trebles to extends a bit better. I think if one goes as far as this, spending 10-15% more in cost is a very justifiable move

So, what is interesting is that these effects of the MicroSD in sound performances can be further observed by good recordings of any tracks that has minimum Nyquist ranges 22.5Khz and or higher all the way into high-res territory. If high resolution recordings, considering those EDM and new albums for the best observations

The dynamic will be the first that will take the frontal impacts. By using these quality MicroSD, you will be observing the first thing first, Dynamic being delivered from your DAP, and then other related performances such as textures, fidelity and sound stage, floor noises …etc.

So after those observations were done, I conducted some readings. I found out that dynamic range can perfectly present itself in PCM at Nyquist range and or higher. However, the typical problems that we have been facing would be the inherently flaws/weakness of the Nature of digital medium. The algorithms ! This is the guy that interprets and conduct communication from and between systems-binary info. Especially for the higher density capacity. Errors will occurs, and the better the algorithms is at correcting them, the more the accuracy.

The higher the accuracy, the better the dynamic range being retrieved, which means better dynamic delivery

Yet , for a while, we have all been taking MicroSD as granted, a single chip that is capable of GB of storage. We think of it as simply “Storage”. But no, it is more than that. It is like a System on Chip that has it own CPU, Caches buffers, Management algorithms. You can simply see this blocks explained by Micron
2DB73071-7C49-4475-83E9-F447877CEC55.jpeg
Then people have asked me this questions whenever I bring MicroSd performances to the table “why don’t you think internal memory is the best of it?” Well, I don’t hear it so, and so I don’t think so. But it turned out that the internal Flash is relying on the surrounding systems such as the SOC/CPU, the OS, the RAM….etc… but most of the time, the DAP makers only make it minimal that it can run and operate. Nothing into the accuracy of the data being retrieved to and from, especially when caching and buffering with algorithms to correct errors on the fly, they are all very minimally implemented. Because the system whether operate or calculate a little longer and or corrupted….where as in music, errors on the fly will get aliased, phase errors and without a good error corrections, a lot of information will be filtered out, it results in the easiest observations of Dynamic delivery being lost

I can say a sure thing is that any typical MicroSD can sound very 2D and lifeless in comparison to either the Sandisk Edge or MicronSD, which just makes things pop and with. Such brute dynamic delivery

I take that Industrial grade MicroSD will all have this common characteristic of great dynamic delivery as they are all highly accurate and reliable. The differences between them is the algorithms, the ways they retrieve, buffer, correct errors, and the way the cells and the bits are constructed . The differences in sound signature must be the result of this

Finally, thanks for reading such a long read. I know not all of you will agree with me, but I am glad to share my findings from my observations, regardless, and I can’t live without quality MicroSD from now on. If you ask me which one is worth buying, I would say MicronSD I-300 as it is the latest I found to perform extraordinarily well and with 1Tb capacity
If you want to find out whether it will effects your audio performances and by how much, I recommend you to give it a spin, starting out with the lowest bd cheapest capacity possible, try it ! May be you will like it as much as I do

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #8,189 of 14,596
You can read some info about Non Over Sampling example here.

The point of Oversampling is to get a higher dynamic range, but the digital filters and the aliasing will introduce artifacts while filtering out the informations. You will get a much cleaner floor noises, but you will also loose some of those intentionally recorded in the Nyquist ranges.

This is the reason why some people is all about NOS and some is all about OS. The OS appears to give a much better fidelity and staging while NOS is just as it was recorded. But regardless of what it is, each components of choice will effect the whole system and then the amplifications and it final acoustic filters will even further alternate the end result. All of that with the goals which were subjective to begin with, we are opening a can of worm
https://theproaudiofiles.com/oversampling/
Actually, I like both NOS and OS. It depends on mood and type of songs I am listening.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #8,190 of 14,596
Here is another interesting findings from my observations.

Disclaimer: MicroSD and sound performances. These are subjective opinions after observations. Please disregard if you disagree

@jamato8 , the conclusion between MicronSD CS and Non CS is that the Non CS (I-300) has a better dynamic performances. The signatures is very similar but the I-300 appears to have even more expanded staging and vivid textures with bass and trebles to extends a bit better. I think if one goes as far as this, spending 10-15% more in cost is a very justifiable move

So, what is interesting is that these effects of the MicroSD in sound performances can be further observed by good recordings of any tracks that has minimum Nyquist ranges 22.5Khz and or higher all the way into high-res territory. If high resolution recordings, considering those EDM and new albums for the best observations

The dynamic will be the first that will take the frontal impacts. By using these quality MicroSD, you will be observing the first thing first, Dynamic being delivered from your DAP, and then other related performances such as textures, fidelity and sound stage, floor noises …etc.

So after those observations were done, I conducted some readings. I found out that dynamic range can perfectly present itself in PCM at Nyquist range and or higher. However, the typical problems that we have been facing would be the inherently flaws/weakness of the Nature of digital medium. The algorithms ! This is the guy that interprets and conduct communication from and between systems-binary info. Especially for the higher density capacity. Errors will occurs, and the better the algorithms is at correcting them, the more the accuracy.

The higher the accuracy, the better the dynamic range being retrieved, which means better dynamic delivery

Yet , for a while, we have all been taking MicroSD as granted, a single chip that is capable of GB of storage. We think of it as simply “Storage”. But no, it is more than that. It is like a System on Chip that has it own CPU, Caches buffers, Management algorithms. You can simply see this blocks explained by Micron
2DB73071-7C49-4475-83E9-F447877CEC55.jpeg
Then people have asked me this questions whenever I bring MicroSd performances to the table “why don’t you think internal memory is the best of it?” Well, I don’t hear it so, and so I don’t think so. But it turned out that the internal Flash is relying on the surrounding systems such as the SOC/CPU, the OS, the RAM….etc… but most of the time, the DAP makers only make it minimal that it can run and operate. Nothing into the accuracy of the data being retrieved to and from, especially when caching and buffering with algorithms to correct errors on the fly, they are all very minimally implemented. Because the system whether operate or calculate a little longer and or corrupted….where as in music, errors on the fly will get aliased, phase errors and without a good error corrections, a lot of information will be filtered out, it results in the easiest observations of Dynamic delivery being lost

I can say a sure thing is that any typical MicroSD can sound very 2D and lifeless in comparison to either the Sandisk Edge or MicronSD, which just makes things pop and with. Such brute dynamic delivery

I take that Industrial grade MicroSD will all have this common characteristic of great dynamic delivery as they are all highly accurate and reliable. The differences between them is the algorithms, the ways they retrieve, buffer, correct errors, and the way the cells and the bits are constructed . The differences in sound signature must be the result of this

Finally, thanks for reading such a long read. I know not all of you will agree with me, but I am glad to share my findings from my observations, regardless, and I can’t live without quality MicroSD from now on. If you ask me which one is worth buying, I would say MicronSD I-300 as it is the latest I found to perform extraordinarily well and with 1Tb capacity
If you want to find out whether it will effects your audio performances and by how much, I recommend you to give it a spin, starting out with the lowest bd cheapest capacity possible, try it ! May be you will like it as much as I do
So are all the Micron non CS cards the same, they have the same components? 256 same as 1tb? If you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back