iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #8,191 of 14,596
Here is another interesting findings from my observations.

Disclaimer: MicroSD and sound performances. These are subjective opinions after observations. Please disregard if you disagree

@jamato8 , the conclusion between MicronSD CS and Non CS is that the Non CS (I-300) has a better dynamic performances. The signatures is very similar but the I-300 appears to have even more expanded staging and vivid textures with bass and trebles to extends a bit better. I think if one goes as far as this, spending 10-15% more in cost is a very justifiable move

So, what is interesting is that these effects of the MicroSD in sound performances can be further observed by good recordings of any tracks that has minimum Nyquist ranges 22.5Khz and or higher all the way into high-res territory. If high resolution recordings, considering those EDM and new albums for the best observations

The dynamic will be the first that will take the frontal impacts. By using these quality MicroSD, you will be observing the first thing first, Dynamic being delivered from your DAP, and then other related performances such as textures, fidelity and sound stage, floor noises …etc.

So after those observations were done, I conducted some readings. I found out that dynamic range can perfectly present itself in PCM at Nyquist range and or higher. However, the typical problems that we have been facing would be the inherently flaws/weakness of the Nature of digital medium. The algorithms ! This is the guy that interprets and conduct communication from and between systems-binary info. Especially for the higher density capacity. Errors will occurs, and the better the algorithms is at correcting them, the more the accuracy.

The higher the accuracy, the better the dynamic range being retrieved, which means better dynamic delivery

Yet , for a while, we have all been taking MicroSD as granted, a single chip that is capable of GB of storage. We think of it as simply “Storage”. But no, it is more than that. It is like a System on Chip that has it own CPU, Caches buffers, Management algorithms. You can simply see this blocks explained by Micron
2DB73071-7C49-4475-83E9-F447877CEC55.jpeg
Then people have asked me this questions whenever I bring MicroSd performances to the table “why don’t you think internal memory is the best of it?” Well, I don’t hear it so, and so I don’t think so. But it turned out that the internal Flash is relying on the surrounding systems such as the SOC/CPU, the OS, the RAM….etc… but most of the time, the DAP makers only make it minimal that it can run and operate. Nothing into the accuracy of the data being retrieved to and from, especially when caching and buffering with algorithms to correct errors on the fly, they are all very minimally implemented. Because the system whether operate or calculate a little longer and or corrupted….where as in music, errors on the fly will get aliased, phase errors and without a good error corrections, a lot of information will be filtered out, it results in the easiest observations of Dynamic delivery being lost

I can say a sure thing is that any typical MicroSD can sound very 2D and lifeless in comparison to either the Sandisk Edge or MicronSD, which just makes things pop and with. Such brute dynamic delivery

I take that Industrial grade MicroSD will all have this common characteristic of great dynamic delivery as they are all highly accurate and reliable. The differences between them is the algorithms, the ways they retrieve, buffer, correct errors, and the way the cells and the bits are constructed . The differences in sound signature must be the result of this

Finally, thanks for reading such a long read. I know not all of you will agree with me, but I am glad to share my findings from my observations, regardless, and I can’t live without quality MicroSD from now on. If you ask me which one is worth buying, I would say MicronSD I-300 as it is the latest I found to perform extraordinarily well and with 1Tb capacity
If you want to find out whether it will effects your audio performances and by how much, I recommend you to give it a spin, starting out with the lowest bd cheapest capacity possible, try it ! May be you will like it as much as I do
I agreed that "better" SD card will sounds better. I have noticed it when I switch to extreme pro.
Now I can't wait to get my hand on both Edge and Micron SD.

Sep 2, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #8,193 of 14,596
Guys am i exaggerating thinking that the holography on the dx312 is really insane? Are there any daps with such holographic space? Ive heard a couple of them, including some models of A&Ks, Fiios, Pioneers, some stationary rigs and haven't heard such precise space.
Ja, it’s quite nice is until you have a listen on a 3MAX in Ultimate mode

40ECE5CD-F4A5-4CB1-AF69-957E9F336F7D.jpeg

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #8,194 of 14,596
Here is another interesting findings from my observations.

Disclaimer: MicroSD and sound performances. These are subjective opinions after observations. Please disregard if you disagree

@jamato8 , the conclusion between MicronSD CS and Non CS is that the Non CS (I-300) has a better dynamic performances. The signatures is very similar but the I-300 appears to have even more expanded staging and vivid textures with bass and trebles to extends a bit better. I think if one goes as far as this, spending 10-15% more in cost is a very justifiable move

So, what is interesting is that these effects of the MicroSD in sound performances can be further observed by good recordings of any tracks that has minimum Nyquist ranges 22.5Khz and or higher all the way into high-res territory. If high resolution recordings, considering those EDM and new albums for the best observations

The dynamic will be the first that will take the frontal impacts. By using these quality MicroSD, you will be observing the first thing first, Dynamic being delivered from your DAP, and then other related performances such as textures, fidelity and sound stage, floor noises …etc.

So after those observations were done, I conducted some readings. I found out that dynamic range can perfectly present itself in PCM at Nyquist range and or higher. However, the typical problems that we have been facing would be the inherently flaws/weakness of the Nature of digital medium. The algorithms ! This is the guy that interprets and conduct communication from and between systems-binary info. Especially for the higher density capacity. Errors will occurs, and the better the algorithms is at correcting them, the more the accuracy.

The higher the accuracy, the better the dynamic range being retrieved, which means better dynamic delivery

Yet , for a while, we have all been taking MicroSD as granted, a single chip that is capable of GB of storage. We think of it as simply “Storage”. But no, it is more than that. It is like a System on Chip that has it own CPU, Caches buffers, Management algorithms. You can simply see this blocks explained by Micron

Then people have asked me this questions whenever I bring MicroSd performances to the table “why don’t you think internal memory is the best of it?” Well, I don’t hear it so, and so I don’t think so. But it turned out that the internal Flash is relying on the surrounding systems such as the SOC/CPU, the OS, the RAM….etc… but most of the time, the DAP makers only make it minimal that it can run and operate. Nothing into the accuracy of the data being retrieved to and from, especially when caching and buffering with algorithms to correct errors on the fly, they are all very minimally implemented. Because the system whether operate or calculate a little longer and or corrupted….where as in music, errors on the fly will get aliased, phase errors and without a good error corrections, a lot of information will be filtered out, it results in the easiest observations of Dynamic delivery being lost

I can say a sure thing is that any typical MicroSD can sound very 2D and lifeless in comparison to either the Sandisk Edge or MicronSD, which just makes things pop and with. Such brute dynamic delivery

I take that Industrial grade MicroSD will all have this common characteristic of great dynamic delivery as they are all highly accurate and reliable. The differences between them is the algorithms, the ways they retrieve, buffer, correct errors, and the way the cells and the bits are constructed . The differences in sound signature must be the result of this

Finally, thanks for reading such a long read. I know not all of you will agree with me, but I am glad to share my findings from my observations, regardless, and I can’t live without quality MicroSD from now on. If you ask me which one is worth buying, I would say MicronSD I-300 as it is the latest I found to perform extraordinarily well and with 1Tb capacity
If you want to find out whether it will effects your audio performances and by how much, I recommend you to give it a spin, starting out with the lowest bd cheapest capacity possible, try it ! May be you will like it as much as I do
Thanks so much!! Really interesting read! Would you be able to link the SD cards you’ve mentioned - can’t seem to find easily in UK (Amazon or google)!!

Also, will it make such a significant difference if you are saving music from a streaming service eg tidal or Apple Music?

As a next best compromise, is it worth getting Sandisk extreme pro over something like sandisk ultra?

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #8,195 of 14,596
Thanks so much!! Really interesting read! Would you be able to link the SD cards you’ve mentioned - can’t seem to find easily in UK (Amazon or google)!!

Also, will it make such a significant difference if you are saving music from a streaming service eg tidal or Apple Music?

As a next best compromise, is it worth getting Sandisk extreme pro over something like sandisk ultra?
Is this it: https://www.mouser.co.uk/Micron-Tec...Memory-Cards/Memory-Cards/_/N-9pk9f?P=1y97sfv

Sep 2, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #8,197 of 14,596
Sep 2, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #8,201 of 14,596
Sep 2, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #8,205 of 14,596

Users who are viewing this thread

Back