iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 27, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #8,146 of 14,593
Got AMP12 today. Installed it and had to remove it immediately. A lot of hissing with Moondrop Aria. No problem with original AMP11. Any idea? Also the sound was cold and lacking basses. I guess it needs some burn in but I never experienced hissing before :frowning2: Any idea?
Is it new? Did you try it with anything else, with the volume turned down at first? It is a very quiet amp and sounds goo out of the box. So if it continues, there must be something wrong. Did you remove it and place it back in a few times?

Aug 27, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #8,147 of 14,593
Is it new? Did you try it with anything else, with the volume turned down at first? It is a very quiet amp and sounds goo out of the box. So if it continues, there must be something wrong. Did you remove it and place it back in a few times?
Yes brand new.
I place it back and problem solved. I tried with different iems and headphones and it only occurs with the Aria. I will try to change the cable. Thanks :thumbsup:

Aug 27, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #8,148 of 14,593
Yes brand new.
I place it back and problem solved. I tried with different iems and headphones and it only occurs with the Aria. I will try to change the cable. Thanks :thumbsup:
Is the Aria fulling inserting into the socket?

Aug 27, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #8,150 of 14,593
Yes. The weird thing is that it works perfectly with AMP11. It's a shame as I really like the Aria. Difficult choice. Which one will be sacrificed? :triportsad:
This is balanced? Try pulling it just a fraction of an inch while listening to see if it works correctly. I know that all the sockets uses are Pentaconn, original manufacturer of the sockets not knockoffs.

Aug 27, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #8,151 of 14,593
Firmware update - 1.03.241

9BFE29A4-DBFE-405E-8007-87975F8EF761.jpeg

Aug 28, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #8,155 of 14,593
This is not a new update. That is old . This is the crap version where you can't turn off the indicator in the Mango OS. The colleague must have slept through something !!
My Updater says this is the latest version. Is there a newer version? If so, where can it be downloaded?

Wanted to let everyone know something. So, a few days ago I had some charging issues. The DX300 would charge through my laptop/desktop (painfully slow), but wouldn't charge normally through my Samsung Galaxy S8 charger. Basically, it would charge for a few seconds, then it would stop, and it would constantly go on like this. The S8 charger uses Fast Adaptive Charging technology, and this seems to be working quite weirdly with the DX300. Mr. Paul directly advised me against using Samsung chargers because they don't work too well with the DX300.

To get the Samsung charger to work normally, I first need to plug the DX300 into a laptop and let it charge for 10-30 mins, and only then switch to the Samsung charger. This is the only way I found it to work normally.

I made the decision to stop using the Samsung charger because when using the "rapid charging" mode, it literally charges 1% per minute (+/–), and that sounds like it is charging way too quickly. If someone thinks or knows this is a normal Quick Charging rate, please let me know.

Aug 28, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #8,157 of 14,593
My Updater says this is the latest version. Is there a newer version? If so, where can it be downloaded?

Wanted to let everyone know something. So, a few days ago I had some charging issues. The DX300 would charge through my laptop/desktop (painfully slow), but wouldn't charge normally through my Samsung Galaxy S8 charger. Basically, it would charge for a few seconds, then it would stop, and it would constantly go on like this. The S8 charger uses Fast Adaptive Charging technology, and this seems to be working quite weirdly with the DX300. Mr. Paul directly advised me against using Samsung chargers because they don't work too well with the DX300.

To get the Samsung charger to work normally, I first need to plug the DX300 into a laptop and let it charge for 10-30 mins, and only then switch to the Samsung charger. This is the only way I found it to work normally.

I made the decision to stop using the Samsung charger because when using the "rapid charging" mode, it literally charges 1% per minute (+/–), and that sounds like it is charging way too quickly. If someone thinks or knows this is a normal Quick Charging rate, please let me know.

You need a Quick Charger labeled charging device. The phone chargers all follow their own optimized protocol.

You literally need a charger with this logo on it.
download.jpeg

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #8,158 of 14,593

Buy an Anker charger. Regardless of which the functioning properly. With a Samsung charger it doesn't work for me either. The Samsung charger does not work with the Hiby R6 Pro SS either. No problems with Anker.I have 4 different and all works very well.

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #8,159 of 14,593
I think others have stated this already, but the battery is draining much faster with amp 12. And I'm only listening in low gain, at moderate volume. I don't suppose it gets any better as it burns in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back