iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 25, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #8,116 of 14,593
I have a question myself. When I go to settings, it appears as though some options are missing. Battery saver can only be accessed if I search for it (it's nowhere to be found under Battery settings). Also, I cannot customize the ambient display setting, it's also nowhere to be found under display settings. I want to have a custom image on my lock screen, not the album art over the whole background.

In terms of the lock screen artwork, it has nothing to do with the Mango App settings. I do have ambient mode on the Mango App, and I also tried the normal mode — neither have any effect on the lock screen; only the in-app background. Also, I have "Lock Screen Artwork" set to Off. I do vividly remember that you could change the ambient display under display settings (you could set your own custom image). In fact, it pops up when you search for it, but you cannot customize anything.

I am running the latest version (which was updated over the Updated in settings): 1.03.241

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #8,117 of 14,593
Is it normal that after 2 days without using my DX300 the digital battery has completely drained and the analog battery is at 80%? Lately I download the digital one much faster and there is usually quite a difference in load between one and the other ...
This is after turning the DX300 off?

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #8,120 of 14,593
I don’t even turn mine off, and it lasts more than 2 days for sure. I never checked , but I never had to pay attention at turning the dx300 off if I only leave it for 2-3 days
If it was turned off, then he would know if it is the battery or something else going on.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #8,121 of 14,593
If you are a beta tester you can try out the new USBAPP version that introduces a visual update and now finally supports dx300.
Early impressions are pretty good to me.
The sound is noticeably better then Mango App (though still not better then Mango OS)

Wow thanks for the headsup! I just joined the beta group, love it, really good impressions so far!

Is it normal that after 2 days without using my DX300 the digital battery has completely drained and the analog battery is at 80%? Lately I download the digital one much faster and there is usually quite a difference in load between one and the other ...

Try to "kills" your running Apps and then place the dx300 in standby.
Long press app icon and then "force close" it.

Who's the king of the battery drainers ? Roon for sure (at least for me)

Aug 25, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #8,122 of 14,593
Aug 25, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #8,124 of 14,593
Yeah, but where is it? I am trying to play MQA files and Hiby Music don’t give the choice to buy it , and if I look for that option in the app, I can’t find anything…
It seems Neutron play MQA as MQA
IMG_1509.jpeg

Aug 25, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #8,125 of 14,593
It seems Neutron play MQA as MQA
IMG_1509.jpeg
But if the file is 48 kHz, it doesn’t unfold it to 96 kHz or even more (384 kHz for Mango I think), it plays it at 48 kHz, as a normal FLAC.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #8,126 of 14,593
It's nice to have a choice.
What other DAP's are in the same ballpark as a dx300 which offers a global EQ?
You have the Qudelix 5K with built-in EQ, LDAC support 96kHz 24-bit which is higher than the USB Audio Player Pro (With Tidal) delivers....

(Yes I'm on a rant attacking all manufacturers who can't implement a decent Equalizer with their products)

The next Step up to have EQ well implemented is the RME ADI DAC

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #8,127 of 14,593
You have the Qudelix 5K with built-in EQ, LDAC support 96kHz 24-bit which is higher than the USB Audio Player Pro (With Tidal) delivers....

(Yes I'm on a rant attacking all manufacturers who can't implement a decent Equalizer with their products)

The next Step up to have EQ well implemented is the RME ADI DAC
Thanks for the insight, need a step up from the 507, it's bugging me more and more

Aug 26, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #8,128 of 14,593
I think standard Android indexing of ID3 tags is broken on the DX300 and DX220. Any apps that use the internal Android mediastore don't correctly index mp3 files (e.g. PlayerPro, Smart MP3 Tag). Apps such as Mango and Neutron Player that create their own indexing work fine with the same files. Those same files also work ok on other Android devices. I have messaged iBasso support - a year ago when I had the DX220 they said it was a problem with the apps, but I don't believe that. It affects only apps that use the mediastore, and all of them that I've tried. And only on iBasso. Since the problem also now occurs with the DX300 and testing points quite clearly to the iBasso implementation of Android I messaged them about this again, but have received no response. @Paul - iBasso is this something you can help to resolve? If it's a known problem at least let us know, and it should be fixed. Or tell me why I'm wrong.
Nick

Aug 26, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #8,129 of 14,593
I think standard Android indexing of ID3 tags is broken on the DX300 and DX220. Any apps that use the internal Android mediastore don't correctly index mp3 files (e.g. PlayerPro, Smart MP3 Tag). Apps such as Mango and Neutron Player that create their own indexing work fine with the same files. Those same files also work ok on other Android devices. I have messaged iBasso support - a year ago when I had the DX220 they said it was a problem with the apps, but I don't believe that. It affects only apps that use the mediastore, and all of them that I've tried. And only on iBasso. Since the problem also now occurs with the DX300 and testing points quite clearly to the iBasso implementation of Android I messaged them about this again, but have received no response. @Paul - iBasso is this something you can help to resolve? If it's a known problem at least let us know, and it should be fixed. Or tell me why I'm wrong.
Nick
We are looking into this. Thank you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back