iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 22, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #8,101 of 14,593
I think neither Mango nor any other app will recognize the music downloaded by the Tidal app, Deezer app, Spotify app, or any other service app.

If you are downloading files for offline listening, only that corresponding streaming app can play it back. If you are purchasing the file to own it, any app can play it, as long as the format is supported.

Aug 22, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #8,103 of 14,593
If you are downloading files for offline listening, only that corresponding streaming app can play it back. If you are purchasing the file to own it, any app can play it, as long as the format is supported.
I think he is asking about downloaded files for offline listening.

Aug 22, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #8,104 of 14,593
I think neither Mango nor any other app will recognize the music downloaded by the Tidal app, Deezer app, Spotify app, or any other service app.
Didn't think so, but thought it was worth asking.
I think he is asking about downloaded files for offline listening.
Exactly, downloaded music for offline listening. Sometimes my internet acts up and doesn't want to stream without hiccups.

Aug 23, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #8,105 of 14,593
I thought the Hiby Music app was MQA compatible, but when I try to use it on my DX300 to play some MQA files that I have on my SD card, it plays them as FLACs, and it doesn't ask me to buy the MQA plugin or anything similar.

Does Hiby Music's MQA support work on the DX300? Or something like UAPP happens?

Aug 23, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #8,106 of 14,593
Taking the Unique Melody Mason Fusang out for a spin with the DX312. Nice listen after a brutal start to the week. :)

6B6209A7-A743-44A8-B0AC-A81F6DFA4DE5.jpeg

Aug 23, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #8,107 of 14,593
Has anyone else noticed a hit to battery life on V1.02.204? I was consistently seeing 12-13 hours of playback (offline) via 4.4mm BAL PO with AMP11 Mk2, with the analog battery depleting before the digital battery (usually 8-12% digital remaining). That's since dropped to 10-11 hours since updating the firmware. I've been through ~12 battery cycles since the update.

Aug 23, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #8,108 of 14,593
I thought the Hiby Music app was MQA compatible, but when I try to use it on my DX300 to play some MQA files that I have on my SD card, it plays them as FLACs, and it doesn't ask me to buy the MQA plugin or anything similar.

Does Hiby Music's MQA support work on the DX300? Or something like UAPP happens?
You have to pay a fee to unlock the MQA support within Hiby Music app. $1.99 if I am not wrong.

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #8,109 of 14,593
You have to pay a fee to unlock the MQA support within Hiby Music app. $1.99 if I am not wrong.
Yeah, but where is it? I am trying to play MQA files and Hiby Music don’t give the choice to buy it , and if I look for that option in the app, I can’t find anything…

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #8,110 of 14,593
Anyone have any input for me to sort of soften/reign in the treble on my DX300 (filters, gain setting, EQ), when listening through my Campfire Audio ARA? Sometimes gets a little “shrill” or fatiguing.

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #8,111 of 14,593
If you are a beta tester you can try out the new USBAPP version that introduces a visual update and now finally supports dx300.
Early impressions are pretty good to me.
The sound is noticeably better then Mango App (though still not better then Mango OS)

Oddly though in bit perfect mode the Tidal MQA files are playing as 24 bit 96khz or 88khz. And even more oddly sound is better then same files via Tidal app that unfolds them even up to 384 khz . 🙄

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #8,112 of 14,593
If you are a beta tester you can try out the new USBAPP version that introduces a visual update and now finally supports dx300.
Early impressions are pretty good to me.
The sound is noticeably better then Mango App (though still not better then Mango OS)

Oddly though in bit perfect mode the Tidal MQA files are playing as 24 bit 96khz or 88khz. And even more oddly sound is better then same files via Tidal app that unfolds them even up to 384 khz . 🙄
That is pretty common, Tidal app in itself isn’t that good in music performances. Many years back where portable audio were starting out, the devices were not capable enough but, the differences between playback apps were observed. So, the reason why Poweramp and Neutron, USBPP were made, then carry on to the present, the same thing is still happening, regardless if the app can or not conduct and process bit perfect, the app in itself can effect the sound performances, and both Tidal/Quoobuz are pretty much about streaming, album arts, and so on, they are not really dedicated to the performances. I tried this a while ago on Dx220, and I ended up buying album, download it, store it locally, and rather be using MangoOS, or listening offline. I am glad to see that USBAPP can do something more now, but I am so over the subscription monthly but the music does not belong to me. I rather buy it, and own it, while having the best performances out of it, because after all, I am squeezing every bit I can, and is the reason why I keep traveling down this rabbit holes. Otherwise, as my friend keeps saying, streaming with an Apple TWS should be good enough

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #8,113 of 14,593
disclaimer: subjective matters, please ignore if memory cards isn’t something in your priority. After all, they are used to store your music and play back. Just a storage medium. Only read on if different type of tapes and vinyl weight or cables or everything will effect your sound quality and your are seeking for the best performances possible

Some more detailed comparisons between Sandisk Edge VS Micron 1TB

Capacity limits : Edges cap out at 400Gb VS Micron 1Tb

Signatures: Edges is more musical, Micron is more resolving. Edges textures is smoother vs Micron crispier

Edges is more forgivable on bad recordings, harsh distortions and clipping is easier to withstand, Micron will spit it in your ears and is very unforgiving but trade off for a lot more details that is easier to observe on Micron.

Conclusions: both Edges and Micron will bring the next improvements to the system overall with the improvements of

Better bass fidelity and articulations, more accurate density and overal presentations, larger soundstage in all axis, better clarity, better details and cleaner back ground, better dynamic

The differences signatures between Edges and Micron if can be elevated into DAP signatures would be Walkman (edges) vs Astel&Kern. If speaking about cables terms, Edges would be Silver/Gold alloys and Micron would be Ultra Pure Silver Litz. If speaking of simplistic terms, Edges is musical and Microns is resolving
If you ask me whether to upgrade your MicroSD or Cables ? I would opt for MicroSD every given chance , but why not both ? 🤨
I think I will give Micron a pass.
Based on your description, I would prefer Edge over Micron.
The sad part is there is export control for Edge and would not be able to get it.

Aug 25, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #8,114 of 14,593
Is it normal that after 2 days without using my DX300 the digital battery has completely drained and the analog battery is at 80%? Lately I download the digital one much faster and there is usually quite a difference in load between one and the other ...

Aug 25, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #8,115 of 14,593
Is it normal that after 2 days without using my DX300 the digital battery has completely drained and the analog battery is at 80%? Lately I download the digital one much faster and there is usually quite a difference in load between one and the other ...
My Dx300 batteries lasts for many days on the shelves. Something may be draining your ? Probably Wifi or something ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back