iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jul 11, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #7,471 of 14,596
Do you use the MK I? If so, Amp 12 brings a lot. Solaris 2020 unfortunately I have nothing to say. But the Mest MK II benefits from the Amp 12. My Dorado 2020 too, by the way. For them I actually use the Fiio LC-RE cable. I only connected it to the Mest MKII with adapters out of curiosity and boredom. Ok you can hear the details better and the voices are nice. But somehow the whole sound is a little brighter. With some recordings, it can be annoying after a good 8 hours. The original cable is overall smoother and therefore better for very long listening sessions in my opinion. But I would like to share with you my experiences with the Satin Audio Athena which I will get next week. I find the original cable a bit stiff.
Just curious but what gain do you use with the Mest Mk2? I am using the stock cable 4.4.mm and I can't decide on medium and high. I haven't had the Mest but about 22 hours so I have some experimenting to do. Also what tips for you prefer
Do you use the MK I? If so, Amp 12 brings a lot. Solaris 2020 unfortunately I have nothing to say. But the Mest MK II benefits from the Amp 12. My Dorado 2020 too, by the way. For them I actually use the Fiio LC-RE cable. I only connected it to the Mest MKII with adapters out of curiosity and boredom. Ok you can hear the details better and the voices are nice. But somehow the whole sound is a little brighter. With some recordings, it can be annoying after a good 8 hours. The original cable is overall smoother and therefore better for very long listening sessions in my opinion. But I would like to share with you my experiences with the Satin Audio Athena which I will get next week. I find the original cable a bit stiff.

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #7,472 of 14,596
Hello, I can only recommend the Mest MKII to you. Mest MKII and DX312 is a dream combination. I am absolutely thrilled with it, everything is superb. Since you mention Vega. I have the Dorado 2020 and compared to the Mest it is only middle class, I would sap

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice from anyone here (that'd probably be everyone) with more experience than me. The DX300 with Amp12 seems to be a great choice. Now I'm interested getting the Mest MKII and Hifiman Arya in the future. Can the DX300 with Amp12 drive Arya well?

I am currently using Chord Mojo with Campfire Audio Vega. Does the DX300 sound significantly better than Mojo? If not, do you guys think it's a better idea to get something like a Topping D90/A90 combo for the Arya instead and keep using the Mojo for the IEMs? I live in Bangladesh, where there isn't any shop who sells audiophile products, so I have to rely on the reviews/comments and then ship them from abroad - I can't listen to them myself before buying.

Thanks.

Surja
I own the mojo,mest mk 2, and the dx300. The Mest mk 2 sounds amazing on the dx300. It has great synergy, impact, soundstage for an iem, vocals and about anything else you would want. I like the Dx300 has balanced headphone outputs so you can get a balanced cable with the Mest also. It comes no extra cost with the Mest. If you do get the Mest mk 2 order from musicteck. They are about $200 cheaper than unique melody. Overall I have 0 complaints with either product. I haven't tried amp 12 yet. Personally I find the dx300 to sound much better than the mojo. The dx300 is way more clean sounding. The mojo to me can get a bit congested with certain iem's. I use the mojo, lcd x , and dx300 together and I like the combination mainly because the mojo gives the lcd x more power. I'm really looking forward to the amp 12 because if it can give my lcd x the sound of the dx300 with enough power it will be a homerun. I personally prefer the dx300 over stacking with mojo and phone due to convenience. Stacks can be a bit much. The dx300 isn't nearly as clunky as carrying a stack around. Also it's nice to have my phone free. I think the dx300 is amazing and would refer it in a heartbeat along with the Mest mk 2. I am like you and can't demo anything. I have to rely on reviews. I understand your worry. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #7,473 of 14,596
Newbie Head-fi'er first post and joining the DX300 crew.

My Head-fi starter kit.

DAP - iBasso DX300 AMP11 Mk2 and AMP12; Fiio M11 Plus LTD
IEMs - UM Mest MkII, DUNU SA6 + Blanche
AMP - Cayin C9
Incoming - Eletech Socrates IEM cable and Illiad interconnects

IMG_2120.jpeg
I feel ya man! I kinda did the same thing. In 2018 I bought the Noble K10 custom but never got a great fit . I bought the chord mojo about a year after that. Still didn't help because the fit was off. Fast-forward up to about 4 months ago and I decided I wanted better equipment so I bought dx300, Andromeda 2020, Mest mk2 , noble falcon pro, lcd x 2020, and a premium black dragon cable from Moon Audio! Go big or go home right! Lol.

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #7,474 of 14,596
Just curious but what gain do you use with the Mest Mk2? I am using the stock cable 4.4.mm and I can't decide on medium and high. I haven't had the Mest but about 22 hours so I have some experimenting to do. Also what tips for you prefer
I almost always listen to the Mest MK II on mid gain and filter NOS. But that's a matter of taste. Tips I use the Sedna Xelastec. For my part, I've found that it sounds best with my strange ears when I push them deeper. I have small ears and use size S that I bought because the noozle is wider than normal. At Dorado I take MS. Try it out. I like the Sedna Xelastec best. Sound and comfort.

Jul 11, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #7,475 of 14,596
I own the mojo,mest mk 2, and the dx300. The Mest mk 2 sounds amazing on the dx300. It has great synergy, impact, soundstage for an iem, vocals and about anything else you would want. I like the Dx300 has balanced headphone outputs so you can get a balanced cable with the Mest also. It comes no extra cost with the Mest. If you do get the Mest mk 2 order from musicteck. They are about $200 cheaper than unique melody. Overall I have 0 complaints with either product. I haven't tried amp 12 yet. Personally I find the dx300 to sound much better than the mojo. The dx300 is way more clean sounding. The mojo to me can get a bit congested with certain iem's. I use the mojo, lcd x , and dx300 together and I like the combination mainly because the mojo gives the lcd x more power. I'm really looking forward to the amp 12 because if it can give my lcd x the sound of the dx300 with enough power it will be a homerun. I personally prefer the dx300 over stacking with mojo and phone due to convenience. Stacks can be a bit much. The dx300 isn't nearly as clunky as carrying a stack around. Also it's nice to have my phone free. I think the dx300 is amazing and would refer it in a heartbeat along with the Mest mk 2. I am like you and can't demo anything. I have to rely on reviews. I understand your worry. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
I also ordered the Mest MK II from Andrew Blind. I had read a couple of reviews from Twister 6, among others. I had the DX 300 with MKI. Personally, I didn't like the combination with Mest that much. In combination with MK II I have never heard it before and will not try it either. With Amp 12 it's perfect for me.

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #7,476 of 14,596
I also ordered the Mest MK II from Andrew Blind. I had read a couple of reviews from Twister 6, among others. I had the DX 300 with MKI. Personally, I didn't like the combination with Mest that much. In combination with MK II I have never heard it before and will not try it either. With Amp 12 it's perfect for me.
I have the amp 11 mk2. I enjoy it with the Mest. I really want to get the amp 12 and give it a listen. Different strokes for different folks.

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #7,477 of 14,596
I almost always listen to the Mest MK II on mid gain and filter NOS. But that's a matter of taste. Tips I use the Sedna Xelastec. For my part, I've found that it sounds best with my strange ears when I push them deeper. I have small ears and use size S that I bought because the noozle is wider than normal. At Dorado I take MS. Try it out. I like the Sedna Xelastec best. Sound and comfort.
I ended up liking the same combination of gain and filter as you. I have pretty much settled in that. I am using the Sedna earfit light short. I use them with my Andromeda too. I own a set of Noble falcon pro and I use the xelastec with them and I agree a deeper fit works better. I tried the xelastec on my Andromeda and it didn't go well because it has more of a shallow fit.

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #7,478 of 14,596
Hi, all!!

I am thinking about buying dx300 but there’s one thing I wanna be sure.

I’m used to stream Tidal on my iPhone with scrobbling to last.fm. AFAIK Android’s Tidal does not scrobble. Is there any 100 percent working software to scrobble tidal to last.fm?

Thanx!

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #7,479 of 14,596
Anybody can comment on Amp11Mk2 vs. Amp12 fit for different genres of music? I currently find Mk2 with Dunu DK-4001 to have quite strong and forward high-mids (vocals), almost close to sibilance, which I think is also due to the technical characteristics of the iems. With metal-based music (esp. core and the like, which involve a lot of "screaming"), it can be a bit tiresome after a while. On the other hand, bass is fast, tight, but not so impactful when not equalized. How's Amp12 sounding for anybody on metal music for anybody who has iems with forward vocals and/or strong treble features? Appreciate any input as always.

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #7,481 of 14,596
Hi, all!!

I am thinking about buying dx300 but there’s one thing I wanna be sure.

I’m used to stream Tidal on my iPhone with scrobbling to last.fm. AFAIK Android’s Tidal does not scrobble. Is there any 100 percent working software to scrobble tidal to last.fm?

Thanx!
HERE is the official Last FM support page. It appears that it no longer supported in android, but you can use a third party app. There are a couple listed on that page also.

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #7,482 of 14,596
Anybody can comment on Amp11Mk2 vs. Amp12 fit for different genres of music? I currently find Mk2 with Dunu DK-4001 to have quite strong and forward high-mids (vocals), almost close to sibilance, which I think is also due to the technical characteristics of the iems. With metal-based music (esp. core and the like, which involve a lot of "screaming"), it can be a bit tiresome after a while. On the other hand, bass is fast, tight, but not so impactful when not equalized. How's Amp12 sounding for anybody on metal music for anybody who has iems with forward vocals and/or strong treble features? Appreciate any input as always.

It is the tuning of DK-4001 (don't have it, but looking at its FR), and amp12 will not drastically change its sound signature if you already find it borderline sibilant and fatigue.

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #7,483 of 14,596
From my experience the Amp12 has a deeper staging than the Amp11.2, with better control in treble region. Have never heard the dk-4001 but from reviews, seems like they have emphasised trebles. It could be better but not much.

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #7,484 of 14,596
If anyone is looking for a decent zippered protective case for transporting your DX300 around, I tried about 5 different cases from Amazon and this one fit perfectly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GF3BTJ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fairly cheep too! What I have found is the sizing specs listed for these generic cases are often way off so it takes a bit of trial and error to find the perfect fit!

I also just listed my Amp 12 for sale if anyone is interested...

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #7,485 of 14,596
If anyone is looking for a decent zippered protective case for transporting your DX300 around, I tried about 5 different cases from Amazon and this one fit perfectly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GF3BTJ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fairly cheep too! What I have found is the sizing specs listed for these generic cases are often way off so it takes a bit of trial and error to find the perfect fit!

I also just listed my Amp 12 for sale if anyone is interested...
Cool, I ordered one. If I don't like it, I will contact you. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back