iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 17, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #5,491 of 14,593
When did you order it? I ordered mine 31/3/2021 and what came was the MKII version, as hoped.
I ordered it yesterday.
Blue one out of stock.
So most likely it's MKII, was just curious...

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #5,495 of 14,593
Whitigir, would you say the Mark II version is closer to the 220 MAX? I ask because I prefer the Mark I version's sound over my MAX. MAX was too "dry" for my taste. Still the Calyx M is the best I've heard thus far.... haven't ever heard a R2R unit......
The sure thing is that Dx300 isn’t “dry” :wink: regardless of MKI or MKII

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #5,496 of 14,593
Does anyone know if the play/pause button is meant to be more difficult to press than the other two buttons? It seems like it is more recessed and it takes much more effort to press it. I am not sure if I like the way these physical buttons are implemented in general. But the play/pause button is even worse. Is it supposed to be different or did I get a bad unit?

Apr 17, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #5,497 of 14,593
Does anyone know if the play/pause button is meant to be more difficult to press than the other two buttons? It seems like it is more recessed and it takes much more effort to press it. I am not sure if I like the way these physical buttons are implemented in general. But the play/pause button is even worse. Is it supposed to be different or did I get a bad unit?
It happens when your buttons on the case isn’t aligned with the player. Just use a drying cloth or so to fill in the space and align them. It also prevent the slippage as well.

Apr 17, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #5,500 of 14,593
8D500BF9-0350-4A20-958D-A4627822F50E.jpeg
Photo repost: i mostly stuck to CA MW10 for consistency at this point.

Amp11 Mark2

Random notes:
0 to 60 hours.

*i purchased the amp11mark2 to satisfy my curiosity and i also enjoy tinkering

out of the box is good. Gets a bit ill defined after 10-20 hours but returns ok after 30 - 50 hours.

it needs less burn in, or is not as noticeable as amp11mark1.
This could be the amp or a combination of the DX300 having 500+ hours on it.

Its nice. It delivers the goods
Quite a different beast.

That niggling feeling of there could be ‘something more’ or ‘what isnt quite right’ isnt disturbing my mind anymore.

Flying, airy and satisfying.
Separation is exquisite.
Larger staging. Gets more closer to spherical also.

Mark 1 was mostly just wide with some height (of course thats a lot to do with the earphones- but earphones which would portray a holographic or expansive sound stage werent doing it).

Bass is still there. Just faster. Succinct.
Sweet sound.

Not much changed (component wise). But it is a different beast.

I liked mark1, but it seemed like an everyman amp (of course first amp had to be an all rounder)

Amp11mark1 - it seemed a mix of dx160, max and amp8EX.
But not its own defining thing as amp11mark2 is.

Mark 2 is very good i think
Both amps are good. Just a different flavor perhaps...perhaps...

Maybe mk1 makes it more of an Ak / wolfson dac dap?
And Mk2 makes it more of an ess dac dap?
To put another angle/description on it...

But yeah
Noticing the filters differently now
The other ones seem an option - whereas with amp11mark1 it was d3 or nos only really.

Last night (Friday) two nights back) i listened from 11pm to 2am to it.
(I did the same on Saturday - and i DO like my sleep).

I dont think it’s a case of it maybe matching my preferred signature either - as it doesnt seem to be that.
I do feel more drawn to use the dx300 with the new amp module.

Whereas before i was stuck between using/choosing either dx220/amp8EX or the dx300.

Now the new amp coupled with battery life and the ui and multi media usage of the dx300 seems to complete it as a unit in my mind

Also now at around 35 hours burn time. But would like to wait until 100 hours at least to make a lasting opinion....but so far so good

It seems to require less burn in. Could be that the dx300 has a lot of hours is helping.
——————

9C4D0DFB-36AD-4C91-AED8-926A6F08661F.jpeg

Tested with mainly Campfire Audio MW10 for consistency.
And a brief fling with Fir Audio VxV.

———————————

I think most listeners would be happy with the initial amp in the way most are happy with their AKM dac daps and low to upper mid fi earphones.

I think if your earphones are capable of more the mark 2 is probably the better choice
I do prefer the mark 2 (obviously) of course.
———————
Repeating an earlier post for continuity:

I have some notes up to 50 hours so far on amp11mark2 - pretty much echoing @whitiger

DX300/amp11mark1
- love this ui and battery life of this multimedia device - ends up using it mostly to catch up on movies and tv.

DX300/amp11mark2
- ...stays up to 2am two nights in a row listening to music on shuffle after the kids went to sleep. And i like my sleep...

———————————-
Its like the music equivalent of one of those youtube having your haircut 3d recordings

————————————-
The separations and layering keep getting better - whitiger

In the while the tonal balances is so accurately presenting - whitiger

The resonances is freakin good - whitiger
———————————-

So much happening in the middle, so dense with lovely details tinkering around the outside

Realistic is right
I keep going back to D5 filter still

But it still has soul, colored without coloring - if that makes sense

Definitely not dry.

At 60 hours and enjoying it with a variety of music.

looking forward to a/b amp11mark1 versus amp11mark2, dx220 stock amp and amp8EX and Max. Maybe dx160 - although that comparison boat may have sailed now.

I do imagine iBasso initially set out just to replace unavailable parts and recreate the same sonic sound, but in the end created something else when it went from the hand soldering to the full oven cooking. Magic.

At this point amp11mark1 owners/users might be thinking ‘do i have a lesser amp module?’

Hard to say until i do another a/b at 100 hours. But as i have written i think amp11mark2 completes the DX300 for me as a release unit.

Others also have amp11mark2 on the way and their opinion may differ.
So lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet and wait for contrasting or agreeable opinions.

*Often the first opinions get written in as gospel - but @whitiger and myself might be completely off in our findings so far.

Looking forward to others impressions.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #5,501 of 14,593
It seems so on mine. The middle play/pause button is slightly recessed compared to the rest. I do not have any issues pressing it. It only felt less tactile compared to the next and previous buttons. Mine is the mk2 anyway so not sure if they did any changes for this batch.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #5,505 of 14,593
I really like the DX 300 but kinda feel cheated that literally days after buying it, I have to spend $250 to get it to sound as good as one I could get for the price I paid for mine.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back