iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 26, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #4,441 of 14,593
Gotta love those TPU cases from ali. One step away from being perfect. But it's so much more useful than the included one this small nitpick hardly matters.
Yeah, the TPU case is cool. Especially with the LED gimmick at night.

Aren't the M15, R8, R6 2020, M8, DX300, N6ii all MQA decoders of tidal content?
They all do the same thing, using software decoding to unfold the MQA....Non are Hardware Native to MQA lol

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #4,442 of 14,593
Yesterday I have received the DX300 and the M8. I started the burnin as soon as possible and they now have some company :) I will hear how good they are in comparison to all my other portable players + hugo 2.

My first impressions were:

DX300 - holy ... this is huge; the screen is amazing, the ui snappy fast, and the operating speed while scanning my media is the best I have ever seen in an android device. So the installation of additional apps and media was quite fast in total and the burn in started about 15 minutes after i opened it.

M8 - oh my god, the installation of third party apps and the media scan is soooooo slow. it took about 4times as long as with the ibasso. So it took me about 70min before i could play my music. Besides that the only thing that popped out was the included heating^^. it gets painfull hot. This DAP is burning in my hands. Never experienced such level before.

It is still too early to judge the sound in total. But first thoughts were (coming from the Sony WM1Z as comparison) that the iBasso sounded much cleaner and a bit "shy" with good dynamics. (again coming from the Sony) Shanling is the first device that sounds really bad (to my ears) out of the box. I could not believe it. It reminded me somehow of the FiiO X5 III I have here. What a disappointment... at least out of the box.

Here is a pic of the transportable competition (if my time allows it, I will also compare the DACs with my Phonitor 2):

EDIT: the ibasso is a fingerprint magnet^^

Attachments

• IMG_2390.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG
    889.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #4,443 of 14,593
Yesterday I have received the DX300 and the M8. I started the burnin as soon as possible and they now have some company :) I will hear how good they are in comparison to all my other portable players + hugo 2.

My first impressions were:

DX300 - holy ... this is huge; the screen is amazing, the ui snappy fast, and the operating speed while scanning my media is the best I have ever seen in an android device. So the installation of additional apps and media was quite fast in total and the burn in started about 15 minutes after i opened it.

M8 - oh my god, the installation of third party apps and the media scan is soooooo slow. it took about 4times as long as with the ibasso. So it took me about 70min before i could play my music. Besides that the only thing that popped out was the included heating^^. it gets painfull hot. This DAP is burning in my hands. Never experienced such level before.

It is still too early for judge the sound in total. But first thoughts were (coming from the Sony WM1Z as comparison) that the iBasso sounded much cleaner and a bit "shy" with good dynamics. (again coming from the Sony) Shanling is the first device that sounds really bad (to my ears) out of the box. I could not believe it. It reminded me somehow of the FiiO X5 III I have here. What a disappointment... at least out of the box.

Here is a pic of the transportable competition (if my time allows it, I will also compare the DACs with my Phonitor 2):
Oh wow! Look at all those toys!! I am envious

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #4,445 of 14,593
I wish iBasso would pick up where Cayin A02 left off. DX300 combined with a best quality line-out only focused module would be awesome.
True enough! At least the Dx300 will have dedicated battery for the line out by itself and away from the main batteries. Sound signatures aside, but Ibasso wouldn’t know that C9 has created another demand for true line out source though :wink: ? Right ?
But who knows ? At least the Dx300 and the C9 has similar length and width , they would be nicely stacked and married for sure

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #4,446 of 14,593
True enough! At least the Dx300 will have dedicated battery for the line out by itself and away from the main batteries. Sound signatures aside, but Ibasso wouldn’t know that C9 has created another demand for true line out source though :wink: ? Right ?
But who knows ? At least the Dx300 and the C9 has similar length and width , they would be nicely stacked and married for sure
DX300 is a fast powerful platform, as you said has perfect form factor for C9 and it has a very good DAC section. DX300 with a good line out and C9 would be a transportable dream come true.

Feb 26, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #4,451 of 14,593
I just cut out a piece from an iPad matte screen protector film but there were again dust specks out of nowhere! The question is...
1614367633055.png

Because I don't want to do this thing again...

Feb 26, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #4,452 of 14,593
I just cut out a piece from an iPad matte screen protector film but there were again dust specks out of nowhere! The question is...
1614367633055.png
Run the shower and that will knock down any dust and then apply in the bathroom.

Feb 26, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #4,453 of 14,593
1614367633055.png
Nothing you can do .... unless you cut it over again.

The trick is to warrant “Zero dust” on the screen...otherwise, get rid of your OCD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back