iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 22, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #4,308 of 14,593
If anyone is experiencing issues in Android after the firmware update, do a factory reset. Took care of many issues for me including tap to wake.

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #4,309 of 14,593
When was the first amp module available for Dx200? Anyone remember ? @twister6 or @jamato8 ?

I had DX200 review published on March 10th, 2017. AMP2 review was published on May 27th, 2017. Availability could have been 2-3 weeks prior to those dates.

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #4,311 of 14,593
Those of us with portable amps are looking forward to any amp card with even better Line Out performance.

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #4,312 of 14,593
Those of us with portable amps are looking forward to any amp card with even better Line Out performance.
If DX300 releases a dedicated LO module, it will be a no brainer purchase for me. :)

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #4,314 of 14,593
Chaps

I own a DX300 but I'm thinking of selling it and replacing it for either a HiBy R8 or Shanling M8 or Fiio M15

Reason for wanting to replace it is down to the ridiculous volume knob on the side of the DX300. I just cant get use to it.

Out of the players listed do any of you fine chaps have A/B of them against the DX300 and is so which would you recommend and why?

Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #4,315 of 14,593
Reason for wanting to replace it is down to the ridiculous volume knob on the side of the DX300. I just cant get used to it.

You could get an external amp? Then use its volume control. I like the volume control on my external amp very much... (see photos linked in my signature).

FWIW I dislike the volume controls on both the HiBy R8 and Shanling M8 too, haven't touched the M15.

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #4,316 of 14,593
Chaps

I own a DX300 but I'm thinking of selling it and replacing it for either a HiBy R8 or Shanling M8 or Fiio M15

Reason for wanting to replace it is down to the ridiculous volume knob on the side of the DX300. I just cant get used to it.

Out of the players listed do any of you fine chaps have A/B of them against the DX300 and is so which would you recommend and why?

Thanks
A friend of mine ordered the DX300 and the M8. But he is now (lucky for me) on a business trip and can't receive them. Thats why he changed the address to mine and I should get them within this week - additional he has allowed me to burn them in :wink: . So I can give you some thoughts after next week.

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #4,317 of 14,593
A friend of mine ordered the DX300 and the M8. But he is now (lucky for me) on a business trip and can't receive them. Thats why he changed the address to mine and I should get them within this week - additional he has allowed me to burn them in :wink: . So I can give you some thoughts after next week.
Can I befriend him ? :wink:
Chaps

Reason for wanting to replace it is down to the ridiculous volume knob on the side of the DX300. I just cant get use to it.

Thanks
Try getting a cheap TPU case, it solves the volume button issues for me, even the side buttons is very hard to accidentally press now, and you gotta mean to press it. It also look better and have more protections. I like how opened it allows the LED lights to serve as night lamp for me :). Sadly it is only in Android mode. I had to find a good playback app, and it is Neutron player

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #4,319 of 14,593
Putting protector on the player is the most frustrating work ever, and that is true for all players!!!! Only if it came from the factory pre-applied. I rather pay a few more bucks for a properly done application than myself. Even-though I am pretty adequate for such job....I still do not like doing it
In my youth I was a big car nut. I tinted probably 1000 car windows.

take a cup of water and mix the smallest little bit of soap into it. Enough to bubble. Use a spray bottle capable of a fine mist.
Mist the screen.
Dampen your fingers to avoid prints on sticky side of screen protector.
Install screen protector.
remove bubbles with credit card and then let it sit to fully evaporate and thus stick overnight.

the soap keeps things slippery so you can really position the screen where you want it and get the bubble out. You don’t need a lot of spray AT ALL. And no, you won’t drown the DAP unless you are foolish with the amount of spray used (and even then most of them are IP rated now anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back