iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 21, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #541 of 14,593
This wasn't my intension, i am sorry!

The longest wait i had for a filetransfer to end, was when i backed up my music collection (1,4TB at that time), to my personal cloud.
Since Germany still hasn't the best internet infrastructure compared to other countrys (thanks, civil engineering law), i had a 50/10Mbit VDSL connection at that time.
I could not saturate the 10Mbit upstream, else the bufferbload would kill the internet.
It took me 2 weeks to finish the upload, only to get even more music, but fortunately i have a 100/40Mbit VDSL connection now.
That has me impressed, germany is not longer the tech lead. Hell even mexico, where I am from is moving Toronto optic. In my parents home we had glass river internet for the last three years before I got to germany

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #542 of 14,593
That has me impressed, germany is not longer the tech lead. Hell even mexico, where I am from is moving Toronto optic. In my parents home we had glass river internet for the last three years before I got to germany

One Problem is, that we have 3 big providers which are available everywhere in germany and many little regional ones.
Since we have the civil engineering law, which means you must put every single cable into the ground 1,2m deep and not on utility poles like in other countries, it's pretty costly to get fiber to the home.
The Deutsche Telekom wants from you 8000€ for the line card which get's used and then up to 500€ per meter they need lay into the ground.
Even if you get fiber, it is still asymetric, costly and nowhere near 1Gbit/s.
The only way to get fiber with good speed and with no additional cost is, when you live near an industrial park or somewhere near an internet exchange, where small providers would deliver this to you for reasonable prices.
When you live in a big city like i do (Berlin), you only get the 3 big proviers from which one would deliver 1Gbit/s downstream but only 50Mbit/s upstream via DOCSIS, which is overbooked and never delivers that speed except at 3 o'clock in the morning.

Germany should go the way the Scandinavians did, which ended up to have LTE and fast DSL/Fiber speeds even in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #544 of 14,593
Germany should go the way the Scandinavians did, which ended up to have LTE and fast DSL/Fiber speeds even in the middle of nowhere.

To be fair the German government has targeted 2025 for nationwide Fibre rollout to every household and even the Telekom has now switched its strategy and wants every household to get Fibre by 2030. I think there are two main problems in Germany.
First they agreed to mess around with VDSL and so on rather than go directly to Fibre. That cost the country valuable years. And then the population is not quite so concentrated in fewer big cities as in other countries.

Btw once you get Fibre you can get up to 1Gbit sync at least from Telekom. You just have to pay more. As more and more households receive FTTH I'm expecting movement on the pricing and speed front.

Dec 21, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #546 of 14,593
But why until now, picasso has been so secretive about the DAC c'mon its just 4 days away till the 25. Dezember

Dec 21, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #547 of 14,593
Some one change thread title to iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM

Dec 21, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #548 of 14,593
Is it officially 128gig

Any news on the dac? And the 5 sd slots for @gerelmx1986 😛🙃

Dec 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #549 of 14,593
25th is pre-sale date. Release date is still unknown. 2021...

Attachments

• 006qjSbmgy1glr4zuz7rij30u015ngxq.jpg
    006qjSbmgy1glr4zuz7rij30u015ngxq.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 21, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #554 of 14,593
The DAC is probably nothing special. If it were they would have bragged about it. Maybe they needed to keep the cost down.
If this is going to be true - I can live with that actually. Good amplification stage and proper DAC implementation are much more important than using the most expensive DAC, which are better only in laboratory - who is going to use 140 dB SNR in real life? It's just showcase of what certain company can achieve. Look at the Lotoo PAW6000 - it has "only" single AK4493 and sounds excellent.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #555 of 14,593
If this is going to be true - I can live with that actually. Good amplification stage and proper DAC implementation are much more important than using the most expensive DAC, which are better only in laboratory - who is going to use 140 dB SNR in real life? It's just showcase of what certain company can achieve. Look at the Lotoo PAW6000 - it has "only" single AK4493 and sounds excellent.
And that is why Dx160 is so good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back