iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 21, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #556 of 14,596
If this is going to be true - I can live with that actually. Good amplification stage and proper DAC implementation are much more important than using the most expensive DAC, which are better only in laboratory - who is going to use 140 dB SNR in real life? It's just showcase of what certain company can achieve. Look at the Lotoo PAW6000 - it has "only" single AK4493 and sounds excellent.

Implementation also matters. RME ADI-2 DAC is another example that sounds and measures very well without sporting the latest and greatest chips. Moreover, some companies don't even use the chips to their full capacity, especially when using desktop chips in mobile devices.
Anyway, since iBasso is bragging about low noise, a dual DAC configuration can help with keeping the noise low.

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #557 of 14,596
there is a NOS features!!

Ok someone needs to explain what this is to me??

(1Tb writing at 15Mps = Watching Paint Dry!)

Also, I’m the only one and Whitigir interested in knowing more about the FGPA chip? I was reading about them guys and it basically controls everything going to the analog board and turning them into a I2S. Kind of funny but the language they use to show their functionality in the hierarchy of processing is called “Slave.”

The clocks 1 or 2 what frequencies? Ultra low noise phasing?? I NEED ANSWERS! Haha

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #558 of 14,596

Also, I’m the only one and Whitigir interested in knowing more about the FGPA chip? I was reading about them guys and it basically controls everything going to the analog board and turning them into a I2S. Kind of funny but the language they use to show their functionality in the hierarchy of processing is called “Slave.”

The clocks 1 or 2 what frequencies? Ultra low noise phasing?? I NEED ANSWERS! Haha
NOS = Non Over Sampling. There are only 2 kinds of conversions in a DAC, Over Sampling or Non Over Sampling. The DAC can be just about anything in technology, Discrete resistors ladders, an FPGA coded Modulator, an Sigma Delta modulator...etc.

Since the Dx300 has FPGA and NOS, I would wonder if this NOS is the FPGA itself or it is the DAC? If !!! Dx300 uses DAC-IC

Definitely needs more info about FPGA, since the application is practically limitless, any guesses would not help lol

For audio purposes, it should have extremely low phase noises and very little drift PPM.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #559 of 14,596

Oh I'm interested too but I'm waiting for official info rather than speculating! :)

I'm not sure about the form factor and that standing out volume wheel but the tech inside, for what we know, looks very promising. Keeping the hype in check.

Dec 21, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #560 of 14,596
Its quiet obvious,
1 it will be dual ess sabre desktop class as ussual.
2 amp module will be like amp 8
3 fully optimized power like on max
4 no hiss

New improved mango and android 9.

Very strong output for headphones and quiet noise floor for iems.

Please Ibasso make this one very musical 😃🤩🥰

Dec 21, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #561 of 14,596
Its quiet obvious,
1 it will be dual ess sabre desktop class as ussual.
2 amp module will be like amp 8
3 fully optimized power like on max
4 no hiss

New improved mango and android 9.

Very strong output for headphones and quiet noise floor for iems.

Please Ibasso make this one very musical 😃🤩🥰

It's been confirmed by Paul it's not a Sabre DAC.

Dec 21, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #563 of 14,596
Dec 21, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #564 of 14,596
It's been confirmed by Paul it's not a Sabre DAC.
And AKM/Cirrus are not ruled out yet. Would be pretty cool if it's AD5547, AD5781/91 :)

OH WOW
Then it has to be the akm then! Finally a smoothe sounding ibasso sound 😃

If its not akm and not ess then what is it?

Maybe its a new dac that Ibasso have created them selfs? Like the sony s-master 🤩

Dec 21, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #566 of 14,596
OH WOW
Then it has to be the akm then! Finally a smoothe sounding ibasso sound 😃

If its not akm and not ess then what is it?

Maybe its a new dac that Ibasso have created them selfs? Like the sony s-master 🤩

... and AKM factory in Japan burned down last month, will take up to a year to rebuild and get the production back up.

Dec 21, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #567 of 14,596
... and AKM factory in Japan burned down last month, will take up to a year to rebuild and get the production back up.
That is pretty sad to hear :frowning2:. Once they are back up, the price is probably going to be “marked up”, since the new equipments would have to be replacing the older, burned away. May be they would have AK4500EQ by that time ?

Dec 21, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #568 of 14,596
Could be Cirrus like they’ve used in the DX160.

Cirrus has flagship level dac chips?

Yea I heard that news it is unfortunate. Hope they recover and can comeback to production 🥺

Still why wouldnt ibasso use ess sabre? They always did and proved it that ess is the technically superior chip.

Dec 21, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #569 of 14,596
Cirrus has flagship level dac chips?

Yea I heard that news it is unfortunate. Hope they recover and can comeback to production 🥺

Still why wouldnt ibasso use ess sabre? They always did and proved it that ess is the technically superior chip.

I don’t know tbh but I found the DX160 to sound better than some “flagship” DAPs.

Dec 21, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #570 of 14,596

Users who are viewing this thread

Back