iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 20, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #527 of 14,596
1TB cards needed 2 years to come down to the ~200€ mark from previous 500€, so i also would be waiting before buying.
The speed thing would speed up the transfer to the card or even the library re-scanning.
I got my first 1TB for 350€, at the beginning of this year. My 2nd card also sandisk extreme, on amazon prime day for 245€

Dec 20, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #529 of 14,596
could you imagine transferring 1Tb at 15Mbps ?

I just transferred 1TB with 90MB/s to my microSD, i am happy not to deal with ancient speeds of past times.

Dec 20, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #530 of 14,596
I just transferred 1TB with 90MB/s to my microSD, i am happy not to deal with ancient speeds of past times.

You gave me a big-time, ”okay boomer, ” moment with your comment. Well, whippersnapper, I remember coding on punch cards, back in the stone age, before these darn personal computers existed.

Dec 20, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #531 of 14,596
I have the weird feeling that we will not see SDUC before we get SD Express cards. And that switch will probably coincide with a switch to NVMe for the soldered NAND in Android smartphones (I think Apple already did this move a few years ago). And since Android DAPs take their lead from the smartphone space we would then profit from this shift in both higher throughput and also higher IOPS.

It will be a massive shift for smartphones and DAPs when it happens since it will change the game with regards to max throughput and IOPS.

Dec 20, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #533 of 14,596
I am dying for more picture and details. This can not be just it right ? We gotta know more before 25th on release date right ?
I suppose you used to dig around your parents closet or under the bed looking for Christmas presents too.

Dec 20, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #535 of 14,596
I am dying for more picture and details. This can not be just it right ? We gotta know more before 25th on release date right ?

sneak peak of an advance unit for you.

1CC14AA3-1F0F-47C5-A5CA-ADE6C1F8F3CC.jpeg

“...the iBasso DX300(pv) is the latest in the family of daps from iBasso. The DX300(pv) with its added RAM is a pleasure to use with silky smooth ui, like flicking through the pages of your favorite book.

It fits nicely between the iBasso DX220 w/amp8ex and DX220 Max. While early impressions may be that although it certainly has timber and a black background it can appear a bit thin compared to its dap siblings. Perhaps more body can be added at a later stage of development.
Although its details are clear they can appear at first glance to be a bit smeared and bleed into the surface. I think with a decent burn ing it can be rectified.

in summary the DX300(pv) is a lightweight dap that one can carry easily in ones pocket, although thin it has lots of details and no real emphasis on depth or 3D-ness and so might be seen as neutral linear or more accurately- flat.
ideal for pairing with your precious iems....”

* above impressions concern the unit pictured - for entertainment purposes only.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #536 of 14,596

“...the iBasso DX300(pv) is the latest in the family of daps from iBasso. The DX300(pv) with its added RAM is a pleasure to use with silky smooth ui, like flicking through the pages of your favorite book.

It fits nicely between the iBasso DX220 w/amp8ex and DX220 Max. While early impressions may be that although it certainly has timber and a black background it can appear a bit thin compared to its dap siblings. Perhaps more body can be added at a later stage of development.
Although its details are clear they can appear at first glance to be a bit smeared and bleed into the surface. I think with a decent burn ing it can be rectified.

in summary the DX300(pv) is a lightweight dap that one can carry easily in ones pocket, although thin it has lots of details and no real emphasis on depth or 3D-ness and so might be seen as neutral linear or more accurately- flat.

* above impressions concern the unit pictured - for entertainment purposes only.
Dude I glanced over the photo and completely thought you were being serious. I got sad but my wallet was happy

And now we’re on the same page (of paper) :)

Dec 20, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #537 of 14,596

You may want to take it back a notch before you put poor old Deezer and Twister put of business with hot reviews like that!

Dec 21, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #538 of 14,596
You gave me a big-time, ”okay boomer, ” moment with your comment. Well, whippersnapper, I remember coding on punch cards, back in the stone age, before these darn personal computers existed.

This wasn't my intension, i am sorry!

The longest wait i had for a filetransfer to end, was when i backed up my music collection (1,4TB at that time), to my personal cloud.
Since Germany still hasn't the best internet infrastructure compared to other countrys (thanks, civil engineering law), i had a 50/10Mbit VDSL connection at that time.
I could not saturate the 10Mbit upstream, else the bufferbload would kill the internet.
It took me 2 weeks to finish the upload, only to get even more music, but fortunately i have a 100/40Mbit VDSL connection now.

Dec 21, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #539 of 14,596
This wasn't my intension, i am sorry!

The longest wait i had for a filetransfer to end, was when i backed up my music collection (1,4TB at that time), to my personal cloud.
Since Germany still hasn't the best internet infrastructure compared to other countrys (thanks, civil engineering law), i had a 50/10Mbit VDSL connection at that time.
I could not saturate the 10Mbit upstream, else the bufferbload would kill the internet.
It took me 2 weeks to finish the upload, only to get even more music, but fortunately i have a 100/40Mbit VDSL connection now.

Oh, no insult was taken, I'm enjoying your posts, I'm learning a lot about the current and future state of the art in storage, thank you!

Dec 21, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #540 of 14,596

Right, you must have started your christmas holidays already. Things like this take time to R&D!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back