iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 16, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #13,576 of 14,596
I think one of the best parts of owning this device has been the ability to change amp cards, which in turn changes the sound or synergy with different head gear. I used to like the 11.2 card the most, but that was because it synergized with my (then) current head gear the best. But now I find all three to be best for some of my head gear (no single one is best for all of them).

If I had to make a choice of which card to keep and get rid of the other two, I just don't know if I could make that decision.. :)
I just didnt get Amp13, couldn't live with WiFi noise while listening to Tidal and no balanced, but have Amp11 and adore Class A Amp 12.

Aug 16, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #13,577 of 14,596
I just didnt get Amp13, couldn't live with WiFi noise while listening to Tidal and no balanced, but have Amp11 and adore Class A Amp 12.
I have found, for me that switching to 2.4 on WiFi has worked for me, totally black background. Keep in mind I am on a single simple WiFi router though (Linksys WRT32X gaming router). It has been totally black while using Amazon Music to stream. Just food for thought.

Edit: And having only SE has not been a problem for me either. It pushes 150 ohms very well (anything more than than and you start to lose sound quality IMO).

Aug 17, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #13,578 of 14,596
I have found, for me that switching to 2.4 on WiFi has worked for me, totally black background. Keep in mind I am on a single simple WiFi router though (Linksys WRT32X gaming router). It has been totally black while using Amazon Music to stream. Just food for thought.

Edit: And having only SE has not been a problem for me either. It pushes 150 ohms very well (anything more than than and you start to lose sound quality IMO).
So is there a way to switch to the DX300 just using 2.4 bandwidth or are you talking about setting your entire household wifi to 2.4? The latter is definitely a dealbreaker for me.

Aug 17, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #13,579 of 14,596
So is there a way to switch to the DX300 just using 2.4 bandwidth or are you talking about setting your entire household wifi to 2.4? The latter is definitely a dealbreaker for me.
My router has 5Ghz and 2.4 Ghz. I have them both named and can use either one. And it is only with AMP13 that there may be interference when streaming. Even on 5Ghz on mine, the noise is so minor, I have to really listen for it and that is occasional. Some using 2.4Ghz, appear to be having no issue at all. But Phoenix is noted for issues. You would be better off in Tucson. lol

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #13,580 of 14,596
My router has 5Ghz and 2.4 Ghz. I have them both named and can use either one. And it is only with AMP13 that there may be interference when streaming. Even on 5Ghz on mine, the noise is so minor, I have to really listen for it and that is occasional. Some using 2.4Ghz, appear to be having no issue at all. But Phoenix is noted for issues. You would be better off in Tucson. lol
Gotcha. For me, Amp13 is unlistenable with wifi. I only use it with downloaded content and turn off networking.

Aug 17, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #13,581 of 14,596
Some routers that have both don't let you choose, which is madness. It decides for itself which it thinks is best for you. Like people trying to tell you how to live your life.

Aug 17, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #13,582 of 14,596
Some routers that have both don't let you choose, which is madness. It decides for itself which it thinks is best for you. Like people trying to tell you how to live your life.
I would not like that. I have a router that has two names for each frequency but to be honest, 2.4 is fast enough for everything, even big downloads. I have an Apple router, which they no longer make as Apple got out of routers and a Tmobile router.

Aug 17, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #13,583 of 14,596
Currently thinking of upgrading as I have had hardware issues for a while now on the dx300. Might be worth the upgrade, I literally have heard nothing better in my life. But I'm afraid each time it bootloops if I can get it to come back on. Dx300 is equal to an end game player.

Aug 17, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #13,584 of 14,596
Currently thinking of upgrading as I have had hardware issues for a while now on the dx300. Might be worth the upgrade, I literally have heard nothing better in my life. But I'm afraid each time it bootloops if I can get it to come back on. Dx300 is equal to an end game player.
Is your unit still under warranty?

Aug 17, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #13,585 of 14,596
Did you do a wipe of the memory and a clean install of the firmware?

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #13,588 of 14,596
Yep went through all of that already.
Contact iBasso and send it in for repair. From what I have seen, they don't charge except for parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back