iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 29, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #12,331 of 14,594
Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into them, thanks.
With IT 07 you stax at the same level then CA Solaris 2020 or very closed to 64 Trio
Believe me. Anf same Rigatio said is a fantastic synergy with amp 12. But with 12w much better. You must not spend around 1500 or 2000 for get happy!!! Everybody how buyed IT 07 with DX300 love it so much.

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #12,332 of 14,594
With IT 07 you stax at the same level then CA Solaris 2020 or very closed to 64 Trio
Believe me. Anf same Rigatio said is a fantastic synergy with amp 12. But with 12w much better. You must not spend around 1500 or 2000 for get happy!!! Everybody how buyed IT 07 with DX300 love it so much.
I had the Solaris 2020 for a while but I unfortunately never had Amp12 or Amp12W at the time, only Amp11 MK2 and the sound was thick and energetic and analog at the same time. I'm betting the sound will be way more dynamic with a larger soundstage as well as detailed with Amp12W if I go this same route but I'm looking at other options now.

I need more portable use out of my DX300, right now I'm using the DX300 to run Tidal and Spotify (yeah rlly) in the store I work at via 4.4mm adaptor playing music 11 hours a day so the amp should be ultra burned in by now :)

Apr 29, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #12,334 of 14,594
I did a trial run on an amp11 board, and found out the hard way, that soldering skillz is just not enough.

I had it looking pretty with caps and still ruined it. DOA one channel.

:frowning2:
In this of work, experience beats any level of talents...

If the DX 320 in conjunction with amp 12, W, EX, EXN adds the details that the DX 300 might be missing a bit, it would be the perfect player for me.
In my actual hands on experience/comparison to both the 300max & N8ii to the dx300, I noted that there was either little, or no noticeable detail/resolution difference between them. They all displayed impeccable resolve information.

The actual difference were more how "realistic" they portrayed the musical performance as a whole.
They varied in:
1- amount & type of timbre (colorless or signature type sound)
2- holography & ambience depth
3-Micro dynamics/liveliness

I have a friend who asked me for photos of my EXN and he collected all the parts but told me that its quite difficult to fully perform the implementation. I wouldnt bother letting someone not trustfull enough making it. I think for the EXN-> Steven, for the EX-> @Whitigir or Steven.
It is not possible to replicate this mod easily. You need to be a seasoned professional with a professional work setup for surface mount parts, with those microscopes they use to help.
That and real world successful experience. This is not only meticulous caps replacements, with perfect bent leads additions, but also delicate surface mount part additions, with resoldering work and also insulating tape and some type of clear glue too.
Then add to that testing & measurement gear.
The level of workmanship of this EXNP service, is at the level of a "work of art".

Yes i saw before the Solen caps. But thid technican told me Solen is not good. Ok but i will forget it now what he done with my amp card.
Shanling usef also Elna Silmic II and Panasonic pos caps in some Players.
Solen get bad image because that make low cost film caps that are widely used because of cost, but they also makes better caps. Just have to look at what they have.
I found to like the "silver sound" MKP model they make, so I chose it for a special order:

Screenshot_20220429-142518_Gallery.jpg

Silver & gold... (caps)!
SmartSelect_20220429-142639_Gallery.jpg
Makes the amp a keeper.
Adds noticably to points #2&3 listed above.
:)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #12,335 of 14,594
In this of work, experience beats any level of talents...

In my actual hands on experience/comparison to both the 300max & N8ii to the dx300, I noted that there was no detail/resolution difference between them. They all displayed impeccable resolve information.
The actual difference were more how "realistic" they portrayed the musical performance as a whole.

They varied in:
1- amount & type of timbre (colorless or signature type sound)
2- holography & ambience depth
3-Micro dynamics/liveliness

It is not possible to replicate this mod easily. You need to be a seasoned professional with a professional work setup for surface mount parts, with those microscopes they use to help.
That and real world successful experience. This is not only meticulous caps replacements, with perfect bent leads additions, but also delicate surface mount part additions, with resoldering work and also insulating tape and some type of clear glue too.
Then add to that testing & measurement gear.
The level of workmanship of this EXNP service, is at the level of a "work of art".

Solen get bad image because that make low cost film caps that are widely used because of cost, but they also makes better caps. Just have to look at what they have.
I found to like the silver MKP model they make, so I chose it for a special order:

Screenshot_20220429-142518_Gallery.jpg
Silver & gold... (caps)!
:)
Congratulations on a new Amp12EXNP by DIY 😍

Apr 29, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #12,337 of 14,594
Congratulations on a new Amp12EXNP by DIY 😍
Actually. Special request Amp12EXNP.
I bought the silver cap and sent it over with the board.
🙂

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #12,339 of 14,594
All my caps for the 12W showed up today but the AMP12 itself got delayed to Monday. Now I have to stare at a bag of capacitors all weekend.
That feelings :frowning2: … I know very well!
Actually. Special request Amp12EXNP.
I bought the silver cap and sent it over with the board.
🙂
That is why I love working with Steve and highly recommended as always

Apr 29, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #12,340 of 14,594
All my caps for the 12W showed up today but the AMP12 itself got delayed to Monday. Now I have to stare at a bag of capacitors all weekend.
Do you have a solder reflow station and the flux? There's also a gel flux. Do you have a large lighted magnifying glass or microscope?
Also tweezers?
Do you have the setup that holds the board steady?
Are you considering doing the caps alone, or more parts?
Did you layout parts and shape the leads? Any experience/practice?
Main objective is to not have excessive heat and not disturb parts in proximity.
Patience/planning is a virtue.
After you complete the mod, carefull with testing the board.
Goodluck 👍

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #12,341 of 14,594
Do you have a solder reflow station and the flux? There's also a gel flux. Do you have a large lighted magnifying glass or microscope?
Also tweezers?
Do you have the setup that holds the board steady?
Are you considering doing the caps alone, or more parts?
Did you layout parts and shape the leads? Any experience/practice?
Main objective is to not have excessive heat and not disturb parts in proximity.
Patience/planning is a virtue.
After you complete the mod, carefull with testing the board.
Goodluck 👍
Yeah, I'm no stranger to soldering. Done plenty of repairs/mods to things like guitar amps, game controllers, mice, old school PC boards. I'm only doing the caps for the W mod, not going to mess with any of the smaller components.

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #12,342 of 14,594
Seems like this Crinacle hype didnt come from nowhere. I had an opportuninty to audition my friend's Monarchs OG today (the first version). Maybe its just me, who likes similar sound profile but OMG. I can undarstand people who dont agree with his ratings. There was almost no WOW factor from the first listen. BUT they sounded like speakers. Very even, the music was in front of me. No peaks, no one trick pony effects. Surprisingly, this reference like tuning gave me more emotions than everything else ive experienced. It felt true somehow. A very sophisticated approach. The dx300 shows its potential now. The reference source combined with excellent tuned iems equals MAGIC. Now i think im starting to understand this game. Dead flat in a good execution means fantastic! Cant wait for my Monarchs 2!

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #12,343 of 14,594
Seems like this Crinacle hype didnt come from nowhere. I had an opportuninty to audition my friend's Monarchs OG today (the first version). Maybe its just me, who likes similar sound profile but OMG. I can undarstand people who dont agree with his ratings. There was almost no WOW factor from the first listen. BUT they sounded like speakers. Very even, the music was in front of me. No peaks, no one trick pony effects. Surprisingly, this reference like tuning gave me more emotions than everything else ive experienced. It felt true somehow. A very sophisticated approach. The dx300 shows its potential now. The reference source combined with excellent tuned iems equals MAGIC. Now i think im starting to understand this game. Dead flat in a good execution means fantastic! Cant wait for my Monarchs 2!
I don't think they sound 'bad'
Normally nothing sounds bad
You know what I mean
But most have got issues with the Mk II

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #12,345 of 14,594
Then I hope for you that Monarchs 2 will blow you away as well. I remind you of Kinera Nana who also fascinated you. Then the Nana 2 came and you were no longer happy with the bass. But you never heard Nana 2.0 with 12 EXN. Maybe they deserve another chance. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it fits with Monarch 2!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back